Jalen Reagor a Viking

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Re: Jalen Reagor a Viking

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Foreman44 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:59 pm Just a thought. It would be so cool if it worked out similarly.

I mentioned cris Carter coming to Minnesota cheap. Like 100 dollars. Many here. Could be to young to recall...

WHo did we make the trade with to get Reagor. Philadelphia.

Just recalled it was the Eagles who gave us Cris Carter in the 100 steal. I wonder how many Eagle fans regretted letting him go for nothing.

Wouldn’t it be cool if Reagor became a stud receiver.
Would love Eagle fans regretting letting Reagor go.

I even hope those two draft picks do well

Will be interesting. Cousins could be a major asset to Reagor.

I liked Hurts at Bama. As I mentioned before. Bama having Hurts who took Bama to the championship game. They replaced him with Tua the next.

Hurts is not a great passing QB.
Do not hold your breath on it, remember Carter was already a good receiver when Eagles waived him and Reagor was not
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Foreman44 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:59 pm Just a thought. It would be so cool if it worked out similarly.

I mentioned cris Carter coming to Minnesota cheap. Like 100 dollars. Many here. Could be to young to recall...

Just recalled it was the Eagles who gave us Cris Carter in the 100 steal. I wonder how many Eagle fans regretted letting him go for nothing.

I liked Hurts at Bama. As I mentioned before. Bama having Hurts who took Bama to the championship game. They replaced him with Tua the next.

Chris Carter had 765 yards in the season prior to joining the Vikings, Reagor doesn't have that in his two seasons combined. While it would be awesome to rub his success in the worst fanbase in the NFL's noses, I doubt it happens.

Since 1980, there have been 146 WRs to start 20+ games. Reagor sits at number 142 in receiving yards among those WRs and his production declined from year 1 to year 2, which is a really bad sign (if his team trading him away for a 5th wasn't a bad enough sign for you).

Hurts isn't great, but then neither is Cousins. He is a solid passing QB though, and while Reagor was struggling to produce, his other WRs were producing just fine for what they were. Something called Quez Watkins had nearly double Reagor's yards in fewer snaps. DeVonta Smith had nearly a thousand yards in that same offense, and Godert was 5th in receiving yards for TEs.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:38 pm

Chris Carter had 765 yards in the season prior to joining the Vikings, Reagor doesn't have that in his two seasons combined. While it would be awesome to rub his success in the worst fanbase in the NFL's noses, I doubt it happens.

Since 1980, there have been 146 WRs to start 20+ games. Reagor sits at number 142 in receiving yards among those WRs and his production declined from year 1 to year 2, which is a really bad sign (if his team trading him away for a 5th wasn't a bad enough sign for you).

Hurts isn't great, but then neither is Cousins. He is a solid passing QB though, and while Reagor was struggling to produce, his other WRs were producing just fine for what they were. Something called Quez Watkins had nearly double Reagor's yards in fewer snaps. DeVonta Smith had nearly a thousand yards in that same offense, and Godert was 5th in receiving yards for TEs.
Last year cousins passing stats 4221 yards. 33 tds 7 picks 16 games

Hurts 2 yrs 30 games 4205. Less than cousins in one
Eagles and vikings top four receivers.

Eagles. Vikings
53. 95
55. 56
38. 38
17. 35

Not like Eagles did well

But Cousins is not in hurts league rushing
Hurts 1100

Exactly what he was at Bama. They wanted him to pass more

So often depended on his legs
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I watched the TCU - Colorado game last night/ this morning (started super late due to storms) and I was reminded of issues that both TCU and U Texas (my other team, where I did my grad work) prospects have in transitioning to the NFL. TX, in general, and especially the 8 million population of DFW in particular, produces very, very high level high school FB talent. What was extremely evident to me last night was just how undisciplined TCU looked against a team that is severely inferior in terms of sheer talent. Colorado stuck with TCU until half time (after which it became a blowout), mostly because they were better coached and more disciplined. TCU won because of exceptional individual performances by track stars and guys who are absolute physical specimens. But what they are not, and this goes to my point with regards to Reagor and Blacklock, is intelligent, well-coached players who have been coached up in a way that makes them savvy and ready for the NFL. At TCU, both under previous OC Sonny Cumbie and current HC Sonny Dykes, these players are working in the Air Raid Offense. It's fun as hell to watch, as it's pedal to the floor kind of FB, but my sense is that it doesn't teach WRs, in particular, how to run routes well. It tends to maximize athletic gifts instead of intelligence/ scheme. Just some thoughts.
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

He’s a very stout, cocky-built guy.
Narrow. Thick. Strong legs. Big glutes.Really nice calves. I was salivating over this dude.
VIKINGS SPECIAL TEAMS COORDINATOR,
MATT DANIELS ON JALEN REAGOR
https://tenor.com/3T4n.gif

:gone:
Last edited by Angels Wings on Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For those with wings, fly to your dreams
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Angels Wings wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:30 pm
He’s a very stout, cocky-built guy.
Narrow. Thick. Strong legs. Big glutes.Really nice calves. I was salivating over this dude.
VIKINGS SPECIAL TEAMS COORDINATOR,
MATT DANIELS ON JALEN REAGOR

:gone:
Reagor is a physical marvel. Some people see the combine 40 time when he was recovering from injury and don't understand this. Even then he was in the 98th percentile for Vertical leap and broad jump. His 3 cone and short shuttle were horrible though.

Best NFL comparison I can make for him physically is Joey Galloway. So far he has not done well. I personally think it is too early to give up on him and I'm glad the Vikings made the trade to get him.
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

Why is he still a Viking?
Skol
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Chi-Town Vike wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:30 pm Why is he still a Viking?
Be patient. KJ has taken a step back this year. I suspect Reagor is about to get a few more looks.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

If Reagor cant beat KJ for the 3rd WR, there is a reason for it. Eagles got a 5th for a guy that cant catch a ball. Maybe let him try HB.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:06 pm If Reagor cant beat KJ for the 3rd WR, there is a reason for it. Eagles got a 5th for a guy that cant catch a ball. Maybe let him try HB.
Maybe Reagor will get some more time. He caught a ball last week and Osbourne hasn't been a factor. He can't get open. Maybe Reagor is still working on learning the O. Supposedly it's not easy. Plus maybe they are giving Osborne every opportunity before benching him. I'd like to see Reagor speed in there. What the hell at this point
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

A Lot of his highlights are bubble screens, end arounds, but mostly routes that are deep posts where he gets to the inside of the CB and the QB throws the ball into space and he runs to it. I definitely will agree that he is not a precision route runner at all. His slow shuttle and 3 cone drill says it all right there. However, he has incredible burst and likes to catch the ball with his hands out in front.
Just having to scheme his plays in. That speed though.... that's an over the top type of ability. Just need to get the ball in his hands with a little seperation and let him do what he does best.... run !
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Texas Vike wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:51 pm
Chi-Town Vike wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:30 pm Why is he still a Viking?
Be patient. KJ has taken a step back this year. I suspect Reagor is about to get a few more looks.
I actually saw average comparisons the other day between Reagor and Osborn and Reagor's averages actually look better than KJ's right now. I expected a little more out of KJ this year and I havent really seen it. Like he's reliable but I expected more. Makes me wonder if Reagor is going to get some more time.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:27 am
Texas Vike wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:51 pm

I actually saw average comparisons the other day between Reagor and Osborn and Reagor's averages actually look better than KJ's right now. I expected a little more out of KJ this year and I havent really seen it. Like he's reliable but I expected more. Makes me wonder if Reagor is going to get some more time.
I expected more out of Osborn too. Interesting though, his numbers through 11 games are roughly where they were last year. Just a little behind.

That said, “just a little behind” is a far cry from taking a step forward. Especially in a receiver-friendly offense.

Osborn is a tough runner after the catch. I’d love to see him get the ball in situations where he could use that skill.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Reagor catching a nice bomb today. Good job coming back for the ball.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:05 pm Reagor catching a nice bomb today. Good job coming back for the ball.
I just posted that on post game. I give him credit he looked back and found the ball. That's not easy. Him running those deep routes is a good thing for us. The guy can move. Teams will be careful bringing safeties up. That helps many things.