Jalen Reagor a Viking

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Jalen Reagor a Viking

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

For a 2023 7th round pick & a 2024 conditional pick.

The guy picked right before JJ. Weird.

Gonna return punts and see what he's got as a receiver.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Re: Jalen Reagor a Viking

Post by VikingsFan84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:22 pm For a 2023 7th round pick & a 2024 conditional pick.

It is ironic because we were laughing at the Eagles for drafting Jalen over Justin
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:22 pm For a 2023 7th round pick & a 2024 conditional pick.

Not sure I understand the thinking behind this trade given the depth the Vikings have at WR. I guess they weren't comfortable with ISM returning punts?

Not a bad trade on net - just a little surprising they felt they needed a punt returner that bad.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Honestly I liked Reagor in the draft about as much as Jefferson. He's a physical marvel. I know he didn't do much with Philly. Seems like we have a hard on for highly drafted players that haven't lived up to expectations.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:00 pm Honestly I liked Reagor in the draft about as much as Jefferson. He's a physical marvel. I know he didn't do much with Philly. Seems like we have a hard on for highly drafted players that haven't lived up to expectations.
I am a Bama fan. Cheered for Hurts. Not sure he was a real benefit to Reagor at Philadelphia. Cousins is a improvement. Reagor should be a happy camper
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Foreman44 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:12 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:00 pm Honestly I liked Reagor in the draft about as much as Jefferson. He's a physical marvel. I know he didn't do much with Philly. Seems like we have a hard on for highly drafted players that haven't lived up to expectations.
I am a Bama fan. Cheered for Hurts. Not sure he was a real benefit to Reagor at Philadelphia. Cousins is a improvement. Reagor should be a happy camper
Cousins is a much better passer.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

I hear we waived Smith-Marsette to make room for Reagor. Not looking good. Almost Identical to the Watts for Blacklock move. We kept Nailor over Smith-Marsette is very surprising.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Wow. So KAM and KOC like TCU!

I have never shared this with the board, but I am a professor at TCU, so I watch all of our games. Reagor was incredible here, and my read on this move is that they want him primarily for punt returns. He's also a mighty fine WR who will probably compete for time with ISM.
Jalen Hurts doesn't exactly throw a great ball. I could see him flourishing here with Kirk.
But my bias has made me wrong about TCU players transitioning to the NFL before. The Big 12 just doesn't have great defenses like the SEC does, so sometimes a WR flourishes in the Big 12, but those performances are in part due to weak Ds.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:33 pm I hear we waived Smith-Marsette to make room for Reagor. Not looking good. Almost Identical to the Watts for Blacklock move. We kept Nailor over Smith-Marsette is very surprising.
Oh, wow... I'm not super happy about dropping ISM. He looked the part in my opinion, but I was super frustrated by his inability to win the punt return job. The guy seems a bit too big for his britches. Even in preseason the dude would celebrate every darn catch. I wonder if character concerns were part of this decision?
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Great trade. I've been saying for awhile the Vikings need to improve WR depth.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

What a stupid move. Most of the moves have seemed stupid to me since the 53 man roster. No way he contributes as much as he cost.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:08 pm Great trade. I've been saying for awhile the Vikings need to improve WR depth.
Really? He was one of the lowest rated WRs. Go look at the PFF numbers on him. The guy is a bust, and drops half the passes thrown at him. Bad move, was of draft picks. And they cut ISM (who already knows the system). What a joke. ISM and Watts will probably stand out.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Eagles fans are ecstatic he is gone, but they were also pretty happy when Agholor left and he went on to have a pretty good year with the Raiders.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:41 pm Eagles fans are ecstatic he is gone, but they were also pretty happy when Agholor left and he went on to have a pretty good year with the Raiders.
Eagles fans aren't all that bright, either, so there's that. :lol:
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Texas Vike wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:00 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:41 pm Eagles fans are ecstatic he is gone, but they were also pretty happy when Agholor left and he went on to have a pretty good year with the Raiders.
Eagles fans aren't all that bright, either, so there's that. :lol:
Google "worst fans in sports". There isn't a top 10 list that doesn't contain the Eagles unless the list was made by an outlet in Philly.