KOC vs KC

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

KOC vs KC

Post by IIsweet »

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
Kirk Cousins told an interesting story from OTAs today about Kevin O'Connell instructing him to hit the first read on a specific play where Cousins said he would otherwise have always progressed to a different look. "It's important to understand what he wants."

I think KOC is exactly what Kirk needs. Whether KC pulls the trigger, is tbd. I bet that KOC has told KAM that KC is "gun shy".
To really look into the college QBs coming out.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: KOC vs KC

Post by VikingsVictorious »

IIsweet wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:38 pm Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
Kirk Cousins told an interesting story from OTAs today about Kevin O'Connell instructing him to hit the first read on a specific play where Cousins said he would otherwise have always progressed to a different look. "It's important to understand what he wants."

I think KOC is exactly what Kirk needs. Whether KC pulls the trigger, is tbd. I bet that KOC has told KAM that KC is "gun shy".
To really look into the college QBs coming out.
There's no vs here. KOC loves KC. KC is not gun shy.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

VV, ok, but maybe there is some truth to it and why KAM made the comments that he did. Cousins didn't go throw to the guys down South either, even though JJ invited him.
I am just speculating, but 1 more year of Cousins. I bet we take a QB in rd 1 next year also. 2024 Kirk is a FA and JJ becomes highest paid WR in history.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

IIsweet wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:43 pm VV, ok, but maybe there is some truth to it and why KAM made the comments that he did. Cousins didn't go throw to the guys down South either, even though JJ invited him.
I am just speculating, but 1 more year of Cousins. I bet we take a QB in rd 1 next year also. 2024 Kirk is a FA and JJ becomes highest paid WR in history.
KAM said Cousins isn't Brady or Mahomes. He isn't. I'm shocked. You're making up some wild imaginary stuff about something KOC said to KAM. Cousins, a conservative Christian family man who places family above everything, doesn't leave his family on his time away from his job to hang out with much younger men on the prowl in South Beach. Once again I'm shocked. I'm sure he thanked JJ for the invitation before politely declining. I really think they can practice together just fine in training camp.
I would lay the odds about 4-1 against us drafting a QB in the first round next year, but who knows. If JJ, who isn't very fond of money, is the highest paid WR in history, than Cousins helped him get there. I say good for JJ, but what does that have to do with anything?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:05 am
IIsweet wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:43 pm VV, ok, but maybe there is some truth to it and why KAM made the comments that he did. Cousins didn't go throw to the guys down South either, even though JJ invited him.
KAM said Cousins isn't Brady or Mahomes. He isn't. I'm shocked. You're making up some wild imaginary stuff about something KOC said to KAM. Cousins, a conservative Christian family man who places family above everything, doesn't leave his family on his time away from his job to hang out with much younger men on the prowl in South Beach. Once again I'm shocked. I'm sure he thanked JJ for the invitation before politely declining. I really think they can practice together just fine in training camp.
I would lay the odds about 4-1 against us drafting a QB in the first round next year, but who knows. If JJ, who isn't very fond of money, is the highest paid WR in history, than Cousins helped him get there. I say good for JJ, but what does that have to do with anything?
We will see how much JJ dislikes money when his contract comes up. He should take league minimum salary which will help our CAP. I guarantee he won't. Cousin showed up at voluntary OTA yet people say he don't care. Lamar Jackson skipped those but he cares. That makes sense.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

I will take those odds. Whats the bet? And Kirk made JJ? OMG you never stop.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:40 am

I will take those odds. Whats the bet? And Kirk made JJ? OMG you never stop.
JJ is a good WR. I didn't say Kirk made him. You did. I said Kirk helped make him successful. He's the person getting the ball to JJ to break those records you are talking about. OMG you never stop.
As for a bet I will give you 2-1 odds as 4-1 is what I see as fair and I don't make bets where the odds don't favor me. How much you want to bet on it. $1000 would be fine with me. Send me that amount and if we draft a QB in the first round next year I will send you $2000.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

I was think the bet would have to be using a Packers avatar and sig. And if one of us really lost the bet bad, a pc of Erin Rogers as sig, and the Packers helmet.

Personally, I think JJ would look good with Mond. But I agree, he looks great with Kirk. Im hoping Kirk can get his reads down better, and faster than before. And with the Koc offense, there should be plenty of guys running short/slot routes. It should be a very interesting season. One where the Vikings win the division and become the team to beat every year. And even a grouch like me believes that can happen.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:30 am I was think the bet would have to be using a Packers avatar and sig. And if one of us really lost the bet bad, a pc of Erin Rogers as sig, and the Packers helmet.

Personally, I think JJ would look good with Mond. But I agree, he looks great with Kirk. Im hoping Kirk can get his reads down better, and faster than before. And with the Koc offense, there should be plenty of guys running short/slot routes. It should be a very interesting season. One where the Vikings win the division and become the team to beat every year. And even a grouch like me believes that can happen.
I fully agree with the bolded above. Kirk is solid on the short routes, but he really shines on the long ones and that's why I see him as such a good QB for JJ. The bet you just proposed IMO is lose/lose. Why not have stakes where somebody wins. :D
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:30 am I was think the bet would have to be using a Packers avatar and sig. And if one of us really lost the bet bad, a pc of Erin Rogers as sig, and the Packers helmet.
If either of you guys ended up with a Packers avatar and sig, I believe the world would end. It would just be inhumane for either of you to have to stoop to that level... :lol:

How about the loser just admits he was wrong?
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingLord wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:54 am
If either of you guys ended up with a Packers avatar and sig, I believe the world would end. It would just be inhumane for either of you to have to stoop to that level... :lol:

How about the loser just admits he was wrong?
Yeah I told him that bet was lose/lose. What you propose is unnecessary. Who was right and who was wrong will be revealed the first day of next years draft.