Vikings Training Camp 2022

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings Training Camp 2022

Post by CharVike »

Vikings sign TE Shaun Beyer to fill out 90-man roster.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Day is almost over and Spotrac still shows Booth signed, but Ingram not.
Edit: Finally showing him signed. I never consider it official until I see it on Spotrac.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Blake Proehl and linebacker Ryan Connelly on the PUP list.
KOC in his pre camp press conference said all other players are healthy. So that's a good start especially for ISM and Booth.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

CharVike wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:41 pm Blake Proehl and linebacker Ryan Connelly on the PUP list.
KOC in his pre camp press conference said all other players are healthy. So that's a good start especially for ISM and Booth.
Great news. I don't want to be hearing about days off and set backs for Booth.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Isn't today supposed to be the first full day of training camp?
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

KJ Osborn interview with PA. Seems like a really good guy.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:05 am
CharVike wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:41 pm Blake Proehl and linebacker Ryan Connelly on the PUP list.
From camp today. https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/vik ... rk-cousins
Andrew Booth Jr. makes the play of the day
Booth, the Vikings' second-round pick out of Clemson, was limited in the spring while recovering from offseason sports hernia surgery. He's now fully healthy and is already showing what he can do. Booth had the biggest highlight of practice when he slid underneath a low Kirk Cousins throw intended for Justin Jefferson in 11-on-11s, securing the interception and popping up to return it with all of his defensive teammates celebrating alongside him.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

CharVike wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:27 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:05 am
Booth, the Vikings' second-round pick out of Clemson, was limited in the spring while recovering from offseason sports hernia surgery. He's now fully healthy and is already showing what he can do. Booth had the biggest highlight of practice when he slid underneath a low Kirk Cousins throw intended for Justin Jefferson in 11-on-11s, securing the interception and popping up to return it with all of his defensive teammates celebrating alongside him.
Not that I like Kirk being intercepted, but I LOVE Booth showing up big right away.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:42 pm
CharVike wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:27 pm
Not that I like Kirk being intercepted, but I LOVE Booth showing up big right away.
That's really the key. He made a play which should help the young guy. This wasn't against backups either. This should also open Dantzlers eyes which is another positive. Competition makes guys better or they are out. From the article Booth has nice movement.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Here's a highlight reel of today's practice. The Booth int was at the very end.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

If Booth could win that #2 spot by the end of the season that would be huge for this team. Rookies winning the job over mediocre veteran starters is always a great sign for that rookie.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:14 pm Day is almost over and Spotrac still shows Booth signed, but Ingram not.
Edit: Finally showing him signed. I never consider it official until I see it on Spotrac.
I look at rookie signings as a routine process. They are limited in their negotiating and rarely hold out. This was a non-story and for some a lame excuse for hating on KAM.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Really fun mic’d up video of KOC.

Something tells me practice is very different under this regime than it was under Mike Zimmer.

Check it out.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

StanM wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:11 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:14 pm Day is almost over and Spotrac still shows Booth signed, but Ingram not.
I look at rookie signings as a routine process. They are limited in their negotiating and rarely hold out. This was a non-story and for some a lame excuse for hating on KAM.
I am not hating on KAM, but I'm not impressed either. The Vikings have routinely been one of the last teams to get their players signed for about the last 10 years. To me this indicates to the rookies that the team doesn't give a rat's #### about them. Since it is routine why not get it done.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Good interview with RT O'Neil. He had some good things to say about Darrisaw. IMO improving the OL play is important for us.