Joseph has competition

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Re: Joseph has competition

Post by VikingsFan84 »

CharVike wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:06 pm Brkic was released a few days ago. That competition didn't take long. Maybe Joseph will do all right without Zim threatening to cut him everyday. I don't expect too many burn the clock off drives and then looking to get the FG attempt lined up in the right spot. Hopefully that nonsense is over with and we keep the foot on the gas.
Packers just picked Brkic up, I am not happy about it, anyone but the Packers! :wallbang:
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:07 pm
CharVike wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:06 pm Brkic was released a few days ago. That competition didn't take long. Maybe Joseph will do all right without Zim threatening to cut him everyday. I don't expect too many burn the clock off drives and then looking to get the FG attempt lined up in the right spot. Hopefully that nonsense is over with and we keep the foot on the gas.
Packers just picked Brkic up, I am not happy about it, anyone but the Packers! :wallbang:
I saw that. The kid didn't even make it to training camp so that tells me he didn't show anything during OTAs ect... With that he'll probably boot a game winner against us this year from 60 yards.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

CharVike wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:29 am

I saw that. The kid didn't even make it to training camp so that tells me he didn't show anything during OTAs ect... With that he'll probably boot a game winner against us this year from 60 yards.
Exactly! :wallbang:
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

:hitfan:
I say he'll lose one for the Pack if he makes the team.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:01 am

That’s it right there.

Getting signed does not mean he’ll be their kicker. Brkic boasts a huge leg but obviously has accuracy issues, based on the daily reports from OTAs and minicamp. I kinda hope he makes the Pukers so he can blow important kicks against us.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:13 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:01 am
That’s it right there.

Getting signed does not mean he’ll be their kicker. Brkic boasts a huge leg but obviously has accuracy issues, based on the daily reports from OTAs and minicamp. I kinda hope he makes the Pukers so he can blow important kicks against us.
:bowdown: :govikes:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I will say, for the bad string of luck we’ve had with kickers, Joseph was pretty solid last year. The Arizona kick was a massive choke but for the most part he was pretty reliable so I can’t complain too much. If we were sitting here holding onto Blair Walsh for as long as we did a few years back it would be a different story. But I personally like Joseph (right now that is, knock on wood)
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:08 pm I will say, for the bad string of luck we’ve had with kickers, Joseph was pretty solid last year. The Arizona kick was a massive choke but for the most part he was pretty reliable so I can’t complain too much. If we were sitting here holding onto Blair Walsh for as long as we did a few years back it would be a different story. But I personally like Joseph (right now that is, knock on wood)
Joseph was solid last year, but what if..............
What if the refs had of called Cook down by contact in the Cinci game and Joseph had made the FG in the second. It would have put an entire different vibe to the season and who knows what would have happened.
Vikingsfanforever
Waterboy

Post by Vikingsfanforever »

Joseph is our kicker.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Vikingsfanforever wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:28 pm Joseph is our kicker.
What? you can see the future? Or this is your way of saying you still hope he is this season?
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:54 pm
Vikingsfanforever wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:28 pm Joseph is our kicker.
What? you can see the future? Or this is your way of saying you still hope he is this season?
He's our Kicker and barring him screwing up will remain our kicker. Screwing up is always a possibility.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:58 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:54 pm

He's our Kicker and barring him screwing up will remain our kicker. Screwing up is always a possibility.
So he isnt our kicker, just like I said. He WAS our kicker, but the Vikings had kicker problems every year for a while now
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:15 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:58 pm
So he isnt our kicker, just like I said. He WAS our kicker, but the Vikings had kicker problems every year for a while now
You really want to argue that our kicker isn't our kicker. He is our kicker. That can change just like anything can change.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

I know that kickers are proven on Sundays during the real season, but so far this offseason Joseph has been making everything. Might as well call him Greg the Leg.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:08 pm I know that kickers are proven on Sundays during the real season, but so far this offseason Joseph has been making everything. Might as well call him Greg the Leg.
He played good for us except the missed chip shot for the win. Of course if he chunks another game winner he will be called No leg Peg.