Vikings Serious About Suh

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Foreman44
Transition Player

Re: Vikings Serious About Suh

Post by Foreman44 »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:34 pm
vikeinmontana wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:23 pm

I agree. One of them is facing 25 counts of sexual misconduct..... :shock:
Down to 5 now, and I have been told off the field stuff doesn't matter and that we shouldn't assume guilt, especially since the evidence didn't even meet the criteria needed for an indictment.
Where there is smoke there is fire, I understand it could be money talking about Watson’s charges. But I find it hard to believe all 24 are living. 20 of 24 settled for money. Why pay if all are lieing.

Do I understand if the other four settle Watson’s in the clear. Can play. I struggle to believe all 24 are lieing
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Foreman44 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:11 pm
Down to 5 now, and I have been told off the field stuff doesn't matter and that we shouldn't assume guilt, especially since the evidence didn't even meet the criteria needed for an indictment.
Where there is smoke there is fire, I understand it could be money talking about Watson’s charges. But I find it hard to believe all 24 are living. 20 of 24 settled for money. Why pay if all are lieing.

Do I understand if the other four settle Watson’s in the clear. Can play. I struggle to believe all 24 are lieing
Two little girls didnt want to testify about what Ingram did to them and no one here cares about that. The guy was indited.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:04 pm
Foreman44 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:11 pm

Two little girls didnt want to testify about what Ingram did to them and no one here cares about that. The guy was indited.
You are such a follower of Stump it's hard to believe you're a real person. You could just be another account he made up. Cliff banned any further discussion on this subject in case you didn't know.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:44 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:04 pm

You are such a follower of Stump it's hard to believe you're a real person. You could just be another account he made up. Cliff banned any further discussion on this subject in case you didn't know.
I've always thought the same thing! The opinions and takes are all too similar
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

As for Suh, I wouldnt be opposed to this signing simply because interior pass rush does worry me. Both Phillips and Tomlinson arent known pass rushers. Watts can do some damage but Suh is definitely tempting. But if I had to choose one FA to spend money on, it would be JC Tretter over Suh.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:42 am As for Suh, I wouldnt be opposed to this signing simply because interior pass rush does worry me. Both Phillips and Tomlinson arent known pass rushers. Watts can do some damage but Suh is definitely tempting. But if I had to choose one FA to spend money on, it would be JC Tretter over Suh.
This is where I stand. We've got fairly deep group of D-linemen who aren't 35 and expensive (recognizing that Tretter is 31). OTOH, our center is holding our offense back.

It's not that I think Suh is garbage. It's that I believe the scarce resources could be better spent.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:41 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:44 pm
I've always thought the same thing! The opinions and takes are all too similar
The irony...
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:41 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:26 pm
Cousins has always chosen the length of the contract and the extension. He likes going short term and betting on himself. It's been working out very well for him.
That has been the history. Washington offered him a long term deal and he didn't take it.
What are you talking about, Washington offered Cousins a 3 year deal.
Then they signed him twice to one year deals. If he sucked they wouldn't have offered those high one year franchise deals. Just tell him to get lost.
The first franchise tag was a non-exclusive tag, meaning any team could have given up a couple of 1st for Cousins and gotten him if Washington didn't match their contract offer. They then gave Alex Smith more money than they offered Cousins, which just shows you how they really felt about the QB.
Tom Brady had this once four years and $72M were for the 2011 through 2014 seasons and it had a record amount of guaranteed money and was the biggest contract in NFL history. Only 4 years. That's not long term. Now he's on a 2 year deal and is playing as well as he ever did and shows no sign of slowing up. He could play another decade or maybe 2 more.
What does that have to do with anything?

Cousins, at the peak of his value when he hit free agency wanted a fully guaranteed deal over 3 years. Did something change where he no longer wants a 3 year, fully guaranteed deal, or has his value declined to the point he can no longer ask for that? The Packers are all in on their QB and gave him 150 million fully guaranteed. The Vikings gave their QB 35 million. Which team actually believes in their QB and which team settled, afraid to bottom out?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:45 am
CharVike wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:41 pm
That has been the history. Washington offered him a long term deal and he didn't take it.
Then they signed him twice to one year deals. If he sucked they wouldn't have offered those high one year franchise deals. Just tell him to get lost.
The first franchise tag was a non-exclusive tag, meaning any team could have given up a couple of 1st for Cousins and gotten him if Washington didn't match their contract offer. They then gave Alex Smith more money than they offered Cousins, which just shows you how they really felt about the QB.
Tom Brady had this once four years and $72M were for the 2011 through 2014 seasons and it had a record amount of guaranteed money and was the biggest contract in NFL history. Only 4 years. That's not long term. Now he's on a 2 year deal and is playing as well as he ever did and shows no sign of slowing up. He could play another decade or maybe 2 more.

Cousins, at the peak of his value when he hit free agency wanted a fully guaranteed deal over 3 years. Did something change where he no longer wants a 3 year, fully guaranteed deal, or has his value declined to the point he can no longer ask for that? The Packers are all in on their QB and gave him 150 million fully guaranteed. The Vikings gave their QB 35 million. Which team actually believes in their QB and which team settled, afraid to bottom out?
The Packers drafted Rodgers replacement in round one but they are all in. That's weird. But since he sucks they have no choice. Rodgers told them no more lower salary for you people. He's the top paid. Couldn't do much in a home playoff game. Cousins beat him last year. When Cosuins didn't play we were destroyed. I wonder why? Teams asked about Cousins this off season and we said no trade. I wasn't involved with the Cousins negotiations and neither were you so I don't know what was offered. Maybe he took less like he did when he signed with us originally. It's all a guess. We do know what he signed. It's a total of 2 years now. Maybe he will step down in his mid 30s and do something else. Mid 30s is old for a football player. Luck didn't make it to mid 30s.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:39 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:45 am

The Packers drafted Rodgers replacement in round one but they are all in. That's weird. But since he sucks they have no choice. Rodgers told them no more lower salary for you people. He's the top paid. Couldn't do much in a home playoff game. Cousins beat him last year. When Cosuins didn't play we were destroyed. I wonder why? Teams asked about Cousins this off season and we said no trade. I wasn't involved with the Cousins negotiations and neither were you so I don't know what was offered. Maybe he took less like he did when he signed with us originally. It's all a guess. We do know what he signed. It's a total of 2 years now. Maybe he will step down in his mid 30s and do something else. Mid 30s is old for a football player. Luck didn't make it to mid 30s.
We don't know what was offered, but right before this you were okay with assuming he wants shorter contracts? Interesting. I guess it was just a coincidence that every negotiation in 2018 started with 3 years, an atypical length for a QB contract in his prime.

Who are these teams that inquired about Kirk again? Carolina's GM reportedly laughed at the idea and Cleveland's GM said they would only go after an elite guy if he became available when Baker's agent got concerned Cleveland would trade for Kirk. No one wanted him.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:40 am
CharVike wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:39 pm
We don't know what was offered, but right before this you were okay with assuming he wants shorter contracts? Interesting. I guess it was just a coincidence that every negotiation in 2018 started with 3 years, an atypical length for a QB contract in his prime.

Who are these teams that inquired about Kirk again? Carolina's GM reportedly laughed at the idea and Cleveland's GM said they would only go after an elite guy if he became available when Baker's agent got concerned Cleveland would trade for Kirk. No one wanted him.
Maybe he asked for 20 years and a billion dollars. Why not? Carolina has proven how smart they are about QBs. They laughed and then trade for a stiff and then sign some bum who is still out there today. Yes they are a smart group. Not all teams will talk about who they went. I'm sure it goes on all the time. IMO we have much deeper problems than QB. Nothing at CB and a bad OL to start it off. The Wilf's won't crash this team because we sell out the stadium and even go over on average. They didn't buy to go broke. We got two more years and you and others can say how bad it is to have 30+ TD passes. Then they will move onto to nothing. Sounds real smart. Cleveland got 4 win Watson. They should be in the SB easy. Again not the smartest team in the world.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

CharVike wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:29 am
StumpHunter wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:40 am

Maybe he asked for 20 years and a billion dollars. Why not? Carolina has proven how smart they are about QBs. They laughed and then trade for a stiff and then sign some bum who is still out there today. Yes they are a smart group. Not all teams will talk about who they went. I'm sure it goes on all the time. IMO we have much deeper problems than QB. Nothing at CB and a bad OL to start it off. The Wilf's won't crash this team because we sell out the stadium and even go over on average. They didn't buy to go broke. We got two more years and you and others can say how bad it is to have 30+ TD passes. Then they will move onto to nothing. Sounds real smart. Cleveland got 4 win Watson. They should be in the SB easy. Again not the smartest team in the world.
Char I know how enticing it is to go back and forth with Stump, but I encourage you to join the enlightened who no longer do so. :D :welcome
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

vikeinmontana wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:23 pm

I agree. One of them is facing 25 counts of sexual misconduct..... :shock:
If you are a massage therapist and your patient is jerking off while you give him a massage, don't you stop giving the massage? "Um, goodbye, sir. You can go find someone else to provide this service". What is wrong with these women?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:34 am
VikingsFan84 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:58 pm Suh is a dirty player, screw him
lol woah dude
Go look up Suh's videos and you can see Suh stomping on a Packers player, Suh giving a forearm to Cutler's neck, and lots more dirty plays from Suh if you do forget or do not believe me
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsFan84 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:34 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:34 am

lol woah dude
Go look up Suh's videos and you can see Suh stomping on a Packers player, Suh giving a forearm to Cutler's neck, and lots more dirty plays from Suh if you do forget or do not believe me
Bonus points for stomping on a Pukers player.............. Just kidding.......................
He got a reputation early in his career for being dirty. I haven't heard anything like that for a very long time. He's a player I'm not going to worry about much now. He's not particularly good.