The Top 20 2022 Minnesota Vikings

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

The Top 20 2022 Minnesota Vikings

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Hey guys, so I decided to do something fun on here during this down time and spark some conversation. On the Purple Daily Podcast, Phil Mackey is ranking the top 20 2022 Minnesota Vikings players. He hasnt fully revealed his list yet but I figured we could do our own VMB version.

Only rule is positional value doesnt overtake pure talent. For example, just because Kirk Cousins is a QB, it doesnt mean he needs to be ahead of "more talented" players due to positional value. We are ranking the most purely talented players on the roster from 1 down to 20.

I will post my rankings in the comments below
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: The Top 20 2022 Minnesota Vikings

1a.) WR- Justin Jefferson- Tough decided between Jefferson and Hunter but they are easily our top 2 IMO
1b.) EDGE- Danielle Hunter- refer to above
3.) RB- Dalvin Cook- Top 3 RB in the league and deserves to be high on the list
4.) RT- Brian O'Neill- Top 5 RT in the NFL IMO and has been solid since day 1
5.) S- Harrison Smith- Couldnt leave Harry out of the top 5. Age is a factor, but he's such a smart and heady player
6.) QB- Kirk Cousins- some may like it, some may not. I dont really care lol.
7.) WR- Adam Thielen- Getting up in age but still so reliable and will beat you with heart and hustle
8.) EDGE- Za'Darius Smith- Going off his 2020, he definitely deserves to be in the top 10 and I think he will thrive here.
9.) LB- Eric Kendricks- went a little "downhill" last year but I'll bank on his talent over 1 bad year (for him that is)
10.) LT- Christian Darrisaw- Really turned into a stud in the last half of the year. Can see him moving up after this year.
11.) CB- Cam Dantzler- some may think this is high, but when he played last year he was a sneaky good.
12.) CB- Patrick Peterson- not what he once was but solid in every aspect and a great leader.
13.) TE- Irv Smith Jr.- was stuck behind Rudy and then his first chance he got he was injured. That changes this year
14.) LB- Jordan Hicks- just a solid durable linebacker that's a tackling machine and will fit well with EK
15.) DT- Dalvin Tomlinson- was a very solid player for us last year and solid in every system he's been in
16.) DT- Harrison Phillips- will go hand in hand with Tomlinson and I believe they will make a good tandem
17.) WR- KJ Osborn- as solid of a #3 as you could ask for. I think he will see even more looks in this new offense.
18.) LG- Ezra Cleveland- very underrated player IMO, not great but far from horrible. Just a steady guard.
19.) S- Lewis Cine- it's early but believe he will quickly fly up this list and is really going to be a key player on this team.
20.) EDGE- DJ Wonnum- was "meh" on him for a while but started to come on recently and think he will have a solid role

Honorable mention: CB- Andrew Booth, RB- Alexander Mattison, G/C- Chris Reed, S- Cam Bynum

Side note: I dont expect you guys to put write ups with your players. I just added that in.
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:16 am 1a.) WR- Justin Jefferson- Tough decided between Jefferson and Hunter but they are easily our top 2 IMO
5.) S- Harrison Smith- Couldnt leave Harry out of the top 5. Even though age is a factor, he's such a smart and heady player
7.) WR- Adam Thielen- Getting up in age but still so reliable and will beat you with heart and hustle
8.) EDGE- Za'Darius Smith- Going off his 2020 year, he definitely deserves to be in the top 10 and I think he will thrive here.
9.) LB- Eric Kendricks- went a little "downhill" last year but I'll bank on his talent over 1 bad year (for him that is)
10.) LT- Christian Darrisaw- Really turned into a stud in the last half of the year. Can see him moving up after this year.
11.) CB- Cam Dantzler- some may think this is high, but when he played last year he was a stud and every stat shows that.
12.) CB- Patrick Peterson- not what he once was but solid in every aspect and a great leader.
13.) TE- Irv Smith Jr.- was stuck behind Rudy and then his first chance he got he was injured. That changes this year
14.) DT- Dalvin Tomlinson- was a very solid player for us last year and solid in every system he's been in
15.) DT- Harrison Phillips- will go hand in hand with Tomlinson and I believe they will make a good tandem
16.) WR- KJ Osborn- as solid of a #3 as you could ask for. I think he will see even more looks in this new offense.
17.) LG- Ezra Cleveland- very underrated player IMO, not great but far from horrible. Just a steady guard.
18.) S- Lewis Cine- it's early but believe he will quickly fly up this list and is really going to be a key player on this team.
19.) EDGE- DJ Wonnum- was "meh" on him for a while but started to come on recently and think he will have a solid role
20.) CB- Andrew Booth- also early here but from a pure talent standpoint, he's up there no doubt.

Honorable mention: RB- Alexander Mattison, G/C- Chris Reed, S- Cam Bynum

Side note: I dont expect you guys to put write ups with your players. I just added that in.
Your list is pretty much the same as mine, I’d probably switch Smith with Kendrick’s though. Love the hitman but he isn’t the player he use to be.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

I know everybody loves Jefferson and he's great, but IMO Dalvin is the most talented on the team.

1 Cook
2 Hunter
3 Jefferson
4 Captain Kirk
5 Hit Man Harry
6 Thielen
7 O' Niell
8 Z
9 Darrisaw
10 Kendricks
11 Cine
12 Irv
13 Jordan Hicks
14 Booth
15 Dantzler
16 Mattison
17 Phillips
18 Cleveland
19 Tomlinson
20 Peterson
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:39 pm I know everybody loves Jefferson and he's great, but IMO Dalvin is the most talented on the team.

1 Cook
2 Hunter
3 Jefferson
4 Captain Kirk
5 Hit Man Harry
6 Thielen
7 O' Niell
8 Z
9 Darrisaw
10 Kendricks
11 Cine
12 Irv
13 Jordan Hicks
14 Booth
15 Dantzler
16 Mattison
17 Phillips
18 Cleveland
19 Tomlinson
20 Ingram
No Patrick Peterson?
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:43 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:39 pm I know everybody loves Jefferson and he's great, but IMO Dalvin is the most talented on the team.

1 Cook
2 Hunter
3 Jefferson
4 Captain Kirk
5 Hit Man Harry
6 Thielen
7 O' Niell
8 Z
9 Darrisaw
10 Kendricks
11 Cine
12 Irv
13 Jordan Hicks
14 Booth
15 Dantzler
16 Mattison
17 Phillips
18 Cleveland
19 Tomlinson
20 Ingram
No Patrick Peterson?
OK Peterson in Ingram out. I'll edit my original list.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:16 am 1a.) WR- Justin Jefferson- Tough decided between Jefferson and Hunter but they are easily our top 2 IMO
5.) S- Harrison Smith- Couldnt leave Harry out of the top 5. Even though age is a factor, he's such a smart and heady player
8.) EDGE- Za'Darius Smith- Going off his 2020 year, he definitely deserves to be in the top 10 and I think he will thrive here.
11.) CB- Cam Dantzler- some may think this is high, but when he played last year he was a stud and every stat shows that.
14.) DT- Dalvin Tomlinson- was a very solid player for us last year and solid in every system he's been in
15.) DT- Harrison Phillips- will go hand in hand with Tomlinson and I believe they will make a good tandem
16.) WR- KJ Osborn- as solid of a #3 as you could ask for. I think he will see even more looks in this new offense.
17.) LG- Ezra Cleveland- very underrated player IMO, not great but far from horrible. Just a steady guard.
18.) S- Lewis Cine- it's early but believe he will quickly fly up this list and is really going to be a key player on this team.
19.) EDGE- DJ Wonnum- was "meh" on him for a while but started to come on recently and think he will have a solid role
20.) CB- Andrew Booth- also early here but from a pure talent standpoint, he's up there no doubt.

No Jordan Hicks?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:06 pm

No Jordan Hicks?
Haha good call! I had him typed in and then deleted his name to move him down the list and forgot to add him back on. I'll edit my list now too! He's top 10-15 IMO
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:17 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:06 pm
No Jordan Hicks?
Haha good call! I had him typed in and then deleted his name to move him down the list and forgot to add him back on. I'll edit my list now too! He's top 10-15 IMO
IMO you should have dropped Wonnum to Honorable mention instead of Booth, but tough choice.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Cook should not be on the list because he can not stay healthy :confused:
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:56 pm Cook should not be on the list because he can not stay healthy :confused:
It's based off purely talent he's definitely top 5 on our team.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsFan84 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:56 pm Cook should not be on the list because he can not stay healthy :confused:
He's played most of the games ever since his rookie year. Most players won't play 17. If you want to remove players with injury history Irv, Z, Booth and Hunter can't be on the list either and IMO that's just not good to keep those 5 off our top 20 list. I'm probably forgetting others.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

allday1991 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:11 pm
It's based off purely talent he's definitely top 5 on our team.
#1 IMO, but I won't argue with anybody who says Hunter or Jefferson ahead of him.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:39 pm
He's played most of the games ever since his rookie year. Most players won't play 17. If you want to remove players with injury history Irv, Z, Booth and Hunter can't be on the list either and IMO that's just not good to keep those 5 off our top 20 list. I'm probably forgetting others.
Booth? He has not stepped on the field yet, it is too early to put him on the list
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsFan84 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:09 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:39 pm
Booth? He has not stepped on the field yet, it is too early to put him on the list
Not in my opinion. I expect good things out of high draft picks. I have Cine at 18 and Ingram probably at 21.