OTA's Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: OTA's Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:15 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:31 pm
Green Bay didn't trade him. He left that crappy town of his own free will.
Incorrect, he was cut, which makes the original point valid.
There were rumors at one point Smith wanted out of GB regardless. And the original point of having "bad management and coaches" doesnt make much sense. He was going to be signed for big money regardless. Baltimore had him signed and Smith pulled out. Must mean Baltimore has poor management and coaches too? Pretty weak argument if you ask me.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:01 am
StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:15 am
Incorrect, he was cut, which makes the original point valid.
There were rumors at one point Smith wanted out of GB regardless. And the original point of having "bad management and coaches" doesnt make much sense. He was going to be signed for big money regardless. Baltimore had him signed and Smith pulled out. Must mean Baltimore has poor management and coaches too? Pretty weak argument if you ask me.
He could have signed with them after being cut or he could have restructured before being cut. He left that crappy town of his own accord.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

CharVike wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:14 am
StanM wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:17 am

A person could spend all day every day watching Vikings content on YouTube to the point where forums are an afterthought. There is a lot of interaction and discussion on Facebook groups as well. If I lived out of state I would look into checking those out if you’re not gorging on enough Vikings news and speculation. :smilevike:
You hit that on the head. I was also out of the local area and creamed my jeans over getting Bob Lurtsema Viking Update every month I think it was. It's almost to the point of overwhelming but it's better than the old days when you heard nothing. What they talk about during OTAs usually don't mean a dam thing. If a guy has no chance they will never come out and say the guy sucks. Everybody is a superstar at OTAs. Training camp will thin it out.
That sounds like me waiting for National Speed Sport News to come in the mail before the internet. Today sports content as you say can be overwhelming. I retired a few years ago and have become a Vikings news addict. At this point of the season with OTA’s discussions tend to morph into debates so I am laying low until there is more actual football content. I chuckle when they start trotting out full page posts of stats and insulting each other. At times that has been more entertaining than the Vikings.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

One guy to keep an eye on is Patrick Jones this year. I was a huge fan of his coming out last year and said his get-off reminded me a lot of Everson. Judd Zulgad reported yesterday that Jones is running a lot with the starters as the 7th piece in that front 7. Coach Mike Smith came out yesterday and said Jones has the best get-off of anyone on the DL. I was pushing for him to get more playing time last year. I really hope he gets his opportunity this year.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:17 am One guy to keep an eye on is Patrick Jones this year. I was a huge fan of his coming out last year and said his get-off reminded me a lot of Everson. Judd Zulgad reported yesterday that Jones is running a lot with the starters as the 7th piece in that front 7. Coach Mike Smith came out yesterday and said Jones has the best get-off of anyone on the DL. I was pushing for him to get more playing time last year. I really hope he gets his opportunity this year.
Really needs to turn it around from the 1 pressure in 99 snaps and putrid 43 grade he had last season.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:43 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:17 am One guy to keep an eye on is Patrick Jones this year. I was a huge fan of his coming out last year and said his get-off reminded me a lot of Everson. Judd Zulgad reported yesterday that Jones is running a lot with the starters as the 7th piece in that front 7. Coach Mike Smith came out yesterday and said Jones has the best get-off of anyone on the DL. I was pushing for him to get more playing time last year. I really hope he gets his opportunity this year.
Really needs to turn it around from the 1 pressure in 99 snaps and putrid 43 grade he had last season.
I could care less what he did last year....Mr. Statistician. Completely new defense, completely new coaches, completely new culture, now in his 2nd year where guys often improve and play more freely, etc. Mike Smith didnt have to say anything about Jones. But he chose to. So clearly there is something they are noticing there. The exact same thing I noticed back when he was drafted....his get-off. So like I said, I dont really care what he did in his rookie year with a coach that often didnt give rookies the time of day. Probably due to what Kris Boyd said on PP's Podcast.... there as#holes were so tight that if you messed up it was the end of the world. And I'm sure rookies often messed up and that's why many of them spent time in Zimmer's dog house. I literally couldnt care less what he did last year.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:44 am
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:43 am

I could care less what he did last year....Mr. Statistician.
Weird, cause you said this:
I was pushing for him to get more playing time last year.
So clearly you do care about what he did last year.

I also don't believe I said he has no shot at improving, just that he needs to. Stop projecting.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:52 am
I was pushing for him to get more playing time last year.
Weak. What does that have to do with anything?? In terms of statistics, I dont care what he did last year, this is a completely new year, staff, etc. He's not a rookie anymore. Yeah last year I was pushing for him to get more playing time....last year. So again, you swooping in and trying to slap me with statistics literally doesnt matter to me. I care about what Mike Smith is saying about him THIS year. Isnt that what matters? Not the statistics you're attempting to dwell on from last year.

I also don't believe I said he has no shot at improving, just that he needs to. Stop projecting.
:lol: :lol: First of all, when did I ever say "Stump said he had no shot at improving"?? Second, before you try and tell me to stop something I'm not even doing, maybe you should stop arrogantly creating your own narratives and assumptions in attempt to stir the pot. Sound good?...Sounds good!
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:25 am
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:52 am

Weak. What does that have to do with anything?? In terms of statistics, I dont care what he did last year, this is a completely new year, staff, etc. He's not a rookie anymore. Yeah last year I was pushing for him to get more playing time....last year. So again, you swooping in and trying to slap me with statistics literally doesnt matter to me. I care about what Mike Smith is saying about him THIS year. Isnt that what matters? Not the statistics you're attempting to dwell on from last year.

:lol: :lol: First of all, when did I ever say "Stump said he had no shot at improving"?? Second, before you try and tell me to stop something I'm not even doing, maybe you should stop arrogantly creating your own narratives and assumptions in attempt to stir the pot. Sound good?...Sounds good!
All I said was that he needs to improve over what he did last year, then you went on a rant about how you don't care about what he did last year as if I implied he has no shot at improving.

If you truly didn't care about how bad he was in 2022, why did my post bother you so much?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:45 am
All I said was that he needs to improve over what he did last year, then you went on a rant about how you don't care about what he did last year as if I implied he has no shot at improving.

If you truly didn't care about how bad he was in 2022, why did my post bother you so much?
A rant? Because I said what he did last year with a completely different coaching staff did not matter and what Mike Smith said about him this year DID matter? Yeah what a "rant" :roll: I forgot I'm not allowed to say anything about him other than simply agreeing with your stat. Anything other than that is a "rant" in your eyes.

And FYI, when you have to defend your stance by saying the words "as if I implied", that literally shows that you assumed and made up your own narrative. Maybe learn from that? Because you literally do it all the time and it's a massive reason you're constantly in battles with people on this board.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:43 am
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:45 am

A rant? Because I said what he did last year with a completely different coaching staff did not matter and what Mike Smith said about him this year DID matter? Yeah what a "rant" :roll: I forgot I'm not allowed to say anything about him other than simply agreeing with your stat. Anything other than that is a "rant" in your eyes.

And FYI, when you have to defend your stance by saying the words "as if I implied", that literally shows that you assumed and made up your own narrative. Maybe learn from that? Because you literally do it all the time and it's a massive reason you're constantly in battles with people on this board.
Pretty much all you do on here is rant, especially when people make factual statements that you don't like to read.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:38 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:01 am

He could have signed with them after being cut or he could have restructured before being cut. He left that crappy town of his own accord.
You both win. Smith chose to be cut and miss out on millions so he could leave a team that has been in the NFCCG two of the last 3 seasons. Very logical.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:35 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:43 am

Pretty much all you do on here is rant, especially when people make factual statements that you don't like to read.
:lol: Awww come on now. Let's not get too childish here Stump. Take your criticism and take a walk
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:05 pm
:lol: Awww come on now. Let's not get too childish here Stump. Take your criticism and take a walk
Lol, what?

You might be the least self aware human being I have ever interacted with.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:05 pm
And you should do the same.