Free Agents

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Free Agents

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:55 pm
Dmizzle0 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:04 pm I don't want to make a new thread but, are we good at the TE position?
Vikings have Irvin Smith, Zach Davidson, Ben Ellefson, Johnny Mundt, and Nick Muse so I say we are good
Thats a horrible lineup of TE's. Irv hasnt done squat the 2 years he actually played here. And he is very injury prone. And cant block.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:29 am

Vikings have Irvin Smith, Zach Davidson, Ben Ellefson, Johnny Mundt, and Nick Muse so I say we are good
Thats a horrible lineup of TE's. Irv hasnt done squat the 2 years he actually played here. And he is very injury prone. And cant block.
Everybody in the world expected last season to be a huge breakout year for him. Then the injury. I have some faith he will be good for us and I don't think it's blind faith. Time will tell.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:55 am

Everybody in the world expected last season to be a huge breakout year for him. He hadn't done much before due to the time share with Rudy. Then the injury. I have some faith he will be good for us and I don't think it's blind faith. Time will tell.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Wouldnt surprise me if the Vikings picked up Rudy again. He can block and he would fit it well with most of the other TE's, almost worthless.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

"Very" injury prone? Because he suffered a season ending injury one time? Outside of last year, Irv played in 29 of 32 possible games. So saying he is "very injury prone" is literally false. And the two years he played, he either sat behind Rudy or at best, split with Rudy. Last year was his first crack at being the lead guy and unfortunately he got hurt. KOC runs one TE on a consistent basis. As long as Smith is healthy, I 100% think he will have a breakout year. There's no reason not to believe that if he comes back healthy.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:52 am

"Very" injury prone? Because he suffered a season ending injury one time? Outside of last year, Irv played in 29 of 32 possible games. So saying he is "very injury prone" is literally false. And the two years he played, he either sat behind Rudy or at best, split with Rudy. Last year was his first crack at being the lead guy and unfortunately he got hurt. KOC runs one TE on a consistent basis. As long as Smith is healthy, I 100% think he will have a breakout year. There's no reason not to believe that if he comes back healthy.
I meant he was injury prone from now on, that knee is hard to come back from. I hope i am wrong and he has a long career here, but I have a feeling about him.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:37 pm

I meant he was injury prone from now on, that knee is hard to come back from. I hope i am wrong and he has a long career here, but I have a feeling about him.
Would it be fair to say you're not among the most optimistic on this message board? :shock:
If true there's nothing wrong with that.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:48 pm

Would it be fair to say you're not among the most optimistic on this message board? :shock:
I guess. I am more of a pessimist. And I have watched the Vikings for too long to be optimistic. They always let me down. I will be happier though when Cousins is long gone from MN. :govikes:
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:17 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:48 pm

I guess. I am more of a pessimist. And I have watched the Vikings for too long to be optimistic. They always let me down. I will be happier though when Cousins is long gone from MN. :govikes:
I doubt you will if Vikings keep finding crappy quarterbacks over and over, you are going to be wishing Cousins never left
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsFan84 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:46 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:17 pm

I doubt you will if Vikings keep finding crappy quarterbacks over and over, you are going to be wishing Cousins never left
Cousins is pretty good. IMO he's one of the reasons for optimism.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:37 pm
VikingsFan84 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:46 pm

Letting Rick and Zim go and starting over should bring optimism. Having Cousins is a good thing for us. We need to fix the OL and D or we don't have a chance. It's comical how bad both those areas are.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

CharVike wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:44 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:37 pm
Letting Rick and Zim go and starting over should bring optimism. Having Cousins is a good thing for us. We need to fix the OL and D or we don't have a chance. It's comical how bad both those areas are.
Agreed in terms of Zim. That should bring plenty of optimism. Just the culture and demeanor this team is currently carrying, brings a ton of optimism IMO. I think this FO has done a great job fixing this defense so far and having guys back healthy is going to be huge. They just need to stay healthy all year now. In terms of the OL, I think the RG position will be fixed. Who will it be? I'm not sure. But I would guess it's Ingram, maybe Reed? Tretter would really be the final piece on this OL IMO. If we can land him, this goes from a middling OL to potential top 10.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

It was a meniscus injury. It's not like he had a Teddy type knee injury. Guys come back from knee injuries all the time. I'm not really that worried about it.
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:09 am
CharVike wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:44 am
Agreed in terms of Zim. That should bring plenty of optimism. Just the culture and demeanor this team is currently carrying, brings a ton of optimism IMO. I think this FO has done a great job fixing this defense so far and having guys back healthy is going to be huge. They just need to stay healthy all year now. In terms of the OL, I think the RG position will be fixed. Who will it be? I'm not sure. But I would guess it's Ingram, maybe Reed? Tretter would really be the final piece on this OL IMO. If we can land him, this goes from a middling OL to potential top 10.
Tretter seems like an ideal fit for us. He is a smart guy who went to Cornell which matches our current path. With the Browns he never missed a game but never practices either. He made 9 million according to sportrac. He's a tough player but after 9 years of the pounding maybe he's had enough. Money always talks and there are many listeners. Maybe they are seeing how Bradbury adapts to the new scheme. You never know maybe it will work for him. That's a big maybe or more wishful thinking.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

CharVike wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:48 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:09 am

Tretter seems like an ideal fit for us. He is a smart guy who went to Cornell which matches our current path. With the Browns he never missed a game but never practices either. He made 9 million according to sportrac. He's a tough player but after 9 years of the pounding maybe he's had enough. Money always talks and there are many listeners. Maybe they are seeing how Bradbury adapts to the new scheme. You never know maybe it will work for him. That's a big maybe or more wishful thinking.
I think Tretter is all about continuing to play. It's about whether we want him again. He's came out and said the Vikings are on his shortlist. So if we really wanted him, I think it would be pretty easy to land him. But I think they want to see what they have in Bradbury first before jumping at Tretter. Hopefully they quickly realize he's not the answer. But Tretter hasnt drawn any interest probably due to the knee issue so I dont think we need to rush it. But I think it will happen closer to the season.
-Chazz Palminteri