Free Agents

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Free Agents

Post by VikingsVictorious »

I looked at the first two pages and couldn't find a free agent thread.
JC Tretter has Vikings on short list of teams he would like to sign with.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Free Agents

Post by Dmizzle0 »

I don't want to make a new thread but, are we good at the TE position?
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:28 pm I looked at the first two pages and couldn't find a free agent thread.
He wants too much money so I hope Vikings pass on him
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:04 pm I don't want to make a new thread but, are we good at the TE position?
Vikings have Irvin Smith, Zach Davidson, Ben Ellefson, Johnny Mundt, and Nick Muse so I say we are good
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:52 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:28 pm I looked at the first two pages and couldn't find a free agent thread.
Everybody wants too much money. It's up to our GM to convince them to sign for not too much money.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:09 pm

Everybody wants too much money. It's up to our GM to convince them to sign for not too much money.
Good luck with that
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:55 pm
Dmizzle0 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:04 pm I don't want to make a new thread but, are we good at the TE position?
Vikings have Irvin Smith, Zach Davidson, Ben Ellefson, Johnny Mundt, and Nick Muse so I say we are good
Those are certainly TEs, but there is less than 800 yards receiving combined between all of them, none have a 400+ yard season and only one has over 100 yards receiving on their career.

The Vikings have one TE who has been a below average TE in his first two seasons coming off a season ending injury and then nothing.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsFan84 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:01 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:09 pm
Good luck with that
He's going to need to sign for not too much money or retire. If somebody was willing to pay him too much money he'd be signed by now.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:12 am
VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:55 pm

Those are certainly TEs, but there is less than 800 yards receiving combined between all of them, none have a 400+ yard season and only one has over 100 yards receiving on their career.

The Vikings have one TE who has been a below average TE in his first two seasons coming off a season ending injury and then nothing.
Outside of Irv, I would say we are not in good shape. Davidson was cut last year and put on the PS. Ellefson is a blocker and Mundt literally did nothing in LA. I dont trust Muse much either.

But we also have to remember, we always had a lot of depth at this position but also needed it because we ran a ton of 2 TE sets over the years that called for a second TE. When you look at the Rams offense, the Rams #2 TE had 4 catches for 37 yards last year. They literally had nothing behind Higbee. I do think Smith is a better TE than Higbee, he just has to stay healthy this year.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

According to who? I havent seen any sort of contract demands by him. And I dont care what he wants, he's a top 5 center in the league. Bradbury is a bottom 5 center. I 1000% hope the Vikings find a way to sign him.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:44 am

According to who? I havent seen any sort of contract demands by him. And I dont care what he wants, he's a top 5 center in the league. Bradbury is a bottom 5 center. I 1000% hope the Vikings find a way to sign him.
Not to care what a player wants is bad cap management. Hopefully part of there plan is position value and how much cap they are willing to spend for that position. There's no interest in a top 5 C for a reason. He was let go from his team for a reason. More than likely it's money.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

CharVike wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:26 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:44 am

Not to care what a player wants is bad cap management. Hopefully part of there plan is position value and how much cap they are willing to spend for that position. There's no interest in a top 5 C for a reason. He was let go from his team for a reason. More than likely it's money.
From what I heard, it was more due to past injuries/his knee. Supposedly he's all good now but I think that was a big part of it. And I'm not saying go out and pay the guy $20 million but they need to find a way to bring him in. If they have to overpay a bit, so be it.
-Chazz Palminteri
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:40 am
VikingsFan84 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:01 am

Good luck with that
He's going to need to sign for not too much money or retire. If somebody was willing to pay him too much money he'd be signed by now.
Every day he goes without signing with another team his value drops and it looks like they could get a bargain on him if they can't figure something out in house.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:42 am
CharVike wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:26 am
From what I heard, it was more due to past injuries/his knee. Supposedly he's all good now but I think that was a big part of it. And I'm not saying go out and pay the guy $20 million but they need to find a way to bring him in. If they have to overpay a bit, so be it.
The number IMO has to be under $10 million. How much under $10 million I'm not sure. I have my doubts about he's all good now.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

StanM wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:48 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:40 am
Every day he goes without signing with another team his value drops and it looks like they could get a bargain on him if they can't figure something out in house.
That would be nice. :govikes: