Joseph has competition

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Joseph has competition

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Vikings signed undrafted kicker Gabe Brkic from Oklahoma! I am excited since I am a Sooners fan! Joseph, watch out! :rock:
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Joseph has competition

Post by VikingsVictorious »

After screwing up in the Arizona game I would say Joseph was at least average and sorry VikingFan84 I doubt there is much competition.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:12 pm After screwing up in the Arizona game I would say Joseph was at least average and sorry VikingFan84 I doubt there is much competition.
Sorry? I hope Joseph gets cut
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsFan84 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:46 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:12 pm After screwing up in the Arizona game I would say Joseph was at least average and sorry VikingFan84 I doubt there is much competition.
I know. You want the job to go to the Sooner. It's unlikely, but we could save over a million Salary cap so maybe.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:09 pm
VikingsFan84 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:46 pm

I know. You want the job to go to the Sooner. It's unlikely, but we could save over a million Salary cap so maybe.
Not sure how unlikely it is.

This Brkic dude flat-out kicks bombs. Have you seen the video where he hits from 51, 56 and 55 in the same game? The 56-yarder goes through the uprights about 2/3 of the way up. Freaking silly.

Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

On Thursday, Sooners Scoop’s Jalen Rose reported that the Vikings are signing undrafted Oklahoma kicker Gabe Brkic to a three-year deal — a relatively lengthy contract for an undrafted player whom Minnesota seems prepared to commit to long-term.
Once Joseph sees it's a 3 year deal he will crumble. Him and pressure don't mix well.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

CharVike wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:16 pm On Thursday, Sooners Scoop’s Jalen Rose reported that the Vikings are signing undrafted Oklahoma kicker Gabe Brkic to a three-year deal — a relatively lengthy contract for an undrafted player whom Minnesota seems prepared to commit to long-term.
Once Joseph sees it's a 3 year deal he will crumble. Him and pressure don't mix well.
Joseph after the AZ game had to make pressure kicks and he mostly made them.
3 year deal that is very strange. I bet it's a deal where we can drop him with no harm.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Brkic has a leg. Biased though. Ha.

As long as it isn't a guaranteed deal they can cut bait anytime.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:45 am
CharVike wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:16 pm On Thursday, Sooners Scoop’s Jalen Rose reported that the Vikings are signing undrafted Oklahoma kicker Gabe Brkic to a three-year deal — a relatively lengthy contract for an undrafted player whom Minnesota seems prepared to commit to long-term.
3 year deal that is very strange. I bet it's a deal where we can drop him with no harm.
He appears to be a talented young kicker so I'm sure we had to sweeten the pot because there were other teams interested. The way our team, Brez, manages the cap and salaries I'll go out on the limb and guess it's the worse possible contract an organization could come up with for a kicker. Joseph had no fear after that miss because he knew Zim wouldn't cut him. Of course Cousins wanted to kill Joseph because he cost him a come from behind win against a playoff team which would hurt his contract negotiation and that would take money out of his pocket. I'm sure they never talked after that. Zim would dump a kicker in a heart beat but his girlfriend turned him into a puppy dog. His vaulted D took on the same characteristic and that filtered down to our OL with Bradbury being the king of softness. Our new kickers name even has kic in it. Once he misses his first chip shot his last name will be used in a punch line against him. Instead of Brkic it will be Miskic. Sorry for the ramble.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

I am not a joseph fan. That being said I am sure O'Connell likes him. Hope the new guys can pull it out in pre season.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

CharVike wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:54 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:45 am
He appears to be a talented young kicker so I'm sure we had to sweeten the pot because there were other teams interested. The way our team, Brez, manages the cap and salaries I'll go out on the limb and guess it's the worse possible contract an organization could come up with for a kicker. Joseph had no fear after that miss because he knew Zim wouldn't cut him. Of course Cousins wanted to kill Joseph because he cost him a come from behind win against a playoff team which would hurt his contract negotiation and that would take money out of his pocket. I'm sure they never talked after that. Zim would dump a kicker in a heart beat but his girlfriend turned him into a puppy dog. His vaulted D took on the same characteristic and that filtered down to our OL with Bradbury being the king of softness. Our new kickers name even has kic in it. Once he misses his first chip shot his last name will be used in a punch line against him. Instead of Brkic it will be Miskic. Sorry for the ramble.
The Kic part of his name is pronounced Kitch like witch.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:46 am
CharVike wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:54 am
There goes my punch line. I never heard the name vocally and would never guess it to be pronounced itch.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

CharVike wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:03 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:46 am
There goes my punch line. I never heard the name vocally and would never guess it to be pronounced itch.
Sorry :lol: :gone:
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Joseph is not the answer. I hope this guy beats him out.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Brkic was released a few days ago. That competition didn't take long. Maybe Joseph will do all right without Zim threatening to cut him everyday. I don't expect too many burn the clock off drives and then looking to get the FG attempt lined up in the right spot. Hopefully that nonsense is over with and we keep the foot on the gas.