Akayleb Evans

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Akayleb Evans

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Incredible athlete. I like the pick.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Akayleb Evans

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Physically he appears to check all the boxes. It's up to the coaches to maximize his potential.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Big fan of the size and level of competition he was up against every week
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:19 am Incredible athlete. I like the pick.
This is an under-the-radar pick, IMO. We could be looking at a Booth-Evans CB duo by the time 2023.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:36 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:19 am Incredible athlete. I like the pick.
This is an under-the-radar pick, IMO. We could be looking at a Booth-Evans CB duo by the time 2023.
Peterson is on his last legs. Booth will be one of the starters. Evans could be the other, but definitely will be competition with Dantzler and others.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Evans is a very intriguing pick for a variety of reasons. I was surprised he was still available as late as he was and wonder if there was something in his background that teams were not thrilled with, but in terms of his development potential, I really like what he brings to the table.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingLord wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:17 pm Evans is a very intriguing pick for a variety of reasons. I was surprised he was still available as late as he was and wonder if there was something in his background that teams were not thrilled with, but in terms of his development potential, I really like what he brings to the table.
It's always possible there's some unreported red flag, but from all I see he is squeaky clean.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Akayleb Evans interviewed by Tatum.
Very personable and likeable.
Vikings links don't work here so YouTube Akayleb Evans on his skillset.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I really like him when he is inside the WR. When between the WR and QB is where I like him to be with his length and athleticism. Too often though was on the outside shoulder of the WR. Tough to always have to play over the top. NFL QBs will lick their chops when they see that. It is definitely correctible though.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:28 pm
VikingLord wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:17 pm Evans is a very intriguing pick for a variety of reasons. I was surprised he was still available as late as he was and wonder if there was something in his background that teams were not thrilled with, but in terms of his development potential, I really like what he brings to the table.
It's always possible there's some unreported red flag, but from all I see he is squeaky clean.
By everything I can tell, this is a good dude. He's already got a charitable foundation, The Akayleb Evans Foundation.

From the Columbia Missourian:
A teenage Akayleb Evans was frustrated with what he saw as a lack of opportunities to help people. His upbringing had instilled in him a desire to give back, especially in his hometown of McKinney, Texas, but he didn’t think he had the resources to do what he wanted to. He told his mother, Nita Evans, as much.

Nita suggested he start small. Maybe he couldn’t do as much as he’ll be able to someday — he hopes — in the NFL, but he could get a start in high school and grow from there.

The two laid the groundwork for the Akayleb Evans Foundation that day in 2017. It was before Evans went off to play college football at Tulsa, and the idea behind the initiative was simple: Each time Evans came home from school, for Thanksgiving, in the offseason, he would do something to help people in McKinney, a Dallas suburb with a population just under 200,000.

The foundation has expanded in the years since, just as Nita had forecast. Evans, too, has broadened the scope of the way he helps people, both in McKinney and Tulsa, where, before transferring to Missouri ahead of this season, he left a legacy that will far outlast any of his contributions on the field.
Link to the article.

Evans has already Tweeted about things he hopes to do with his foundation in the Minneapolis area. Don't know how good a player he'll be, but it's pretty easy to root for a guy like that.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:18 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:28 pm

By everything I can tell, this is a good dude. He's already got a charitable foundation, The Akayleb Evans Foundation.

From the Columbia Missourian:
A teenage Akayleb Evans was frustrated with what he saw as a lack of opportunities to help people. His upbringing had instilled in him a desire to give back, especially in his hometown of McKinney, Texas, but he didn’t think he had the resources to do what he wanted to. He told his mother, Nita Evans, as much.

Nita suggested he start small. Maybe he couldn’t do as much as he’ll be able to someday — he hopes — in the NFL, but he could get a start in high school and grow from there.

The two laid the groundwork for the Akayleb Evans Foundation that day in 2017. It was before Evans went off to play college football at Tulsa, and the idea behind the initiative was simple: Each time Evans came home from school, for Thanksgiving, in the offseason, he would do something to help people in McKinney, a Dallas suburb with a population just under 200,000.

The foundation has expanded in the years since, just as Nita had forecast. Evans, too, has broadened the scope of the way he helps people, both in McKinney and Tulsa, where, before transferring to Missouri ahead of this season, he left a legacy that will far outlast any of his contributions on the field.
Link to the article.

Evans has already Tweeted about things he hopes to do with his foundation in the Minneapolis area. Don't know how good a player he'll be, but it's pretty easy to root for a guy like that.
Have you listened to the interview with Tatum. He talks about the charitable stuff and a scholarship he's set up. Doesn't sound like he's bragging. Just excited to help. Really likeable guy.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Vikings have not had a good cornerback since Xavier Rhodes, Vikings are overdue and I hope Evans and Booth become studs and we do not have to worry about cornerback for a long time
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pete Bercich's breakdown of Akayleb. Bercich highly praises his awareness and decision making, but said something about his not having top measurables. Every measurable I can think of is good for Akayleb. I'll have to listen again as I wasn't paying close attention.

Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

The best of the best make most of these players look great..

Evidently he is around the ball. I wish all our picks to shine.

I am waiting for that dynamic class. There is talent through out every Round, pick the right 7-9 players and you could get one of the best ever.

Like the 74 Steelers draft first six rounds

Lynn swan
Jack Lambert
John stallworth
Mike Webster

That’s just hall of famers I do not know ho good the others were.
I bet there were some contributors as well

So many hype on the mocks, I hope we have a crew of scouts that can recognize players talents and hearts. Those like John Randle and Thielen to go undrafted and end up studs
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

This guy is my sleeper. I bet he sees action this season. Who do we have playing slot cb? :govikes: