Ty Chandler

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Ty Chandler

Post by VikingsVictorious »

I really like Ty Chandler.

Fast, shifty, strong and great receiving skills. We could convert him to WR no problem.
I feel we got a steal with this guy.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Ty Chandler

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Todd said he viewed him as a starter and gushed over the pick.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Really like this pick.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:05 am Todd said he viewed him as a starter and gushed over the pick.
Todd McShay right?
One of the best route runners I've ever seen from an RB coming out of college. He can be the next Deebo Samuel RB/WR Hybrid. Only downside is I think he just turned 24. On the plus side he wasn't a featured back until this last season so there's still a lot of tread on his tires. :D

Here's some analysis of his game.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:33 am
Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:05 am Todd said he viewed him as a starter and gushed over the pick.
Todd McShay right?
One of the best route runners I've ever seen from an RB coming out of college. He can be the next Deebo Samuel RB/WR Hybrid. Only downside is I think he just turned 24. On the plus side he wasn't a featured back until this last season so there's still a lot of tread on his tires. :D

Here's some analysis of his game.
Yep. I think he could end up as a starter in a couple years. That was a great route and catch. Looks like a modern back.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

I sure hope so, release or trade Cook and start Chandler
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:18 pm
I can tell you they arent doing either of those things. I'm guessing it's more along the lines of a Mattison replacement next year. Good value that late in the draft but Dalvin Cook isnt going anywhere right now.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:33 am
VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:18 pm

I can tell you they arent doing either of those things. I'm guessing it's more along the lines of a Mattison replacement next year. Good value that late in the draft but Dalvin Cook isnt going anywhere right now.
I see a lot of talk about us dumping Mattison and I say be careful you might get what you wish for. Cook misses a pretty high amount of games and when he does we can count on 100+ yards from scrimmage by Mattison every single time. He isn't flashy, but he doesn't get tackled for loss and never fumbles that I recall.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:05 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:33 am

I see a lot of talk about us dumping Mattison and I say be careful you might get what you wish for. Cook misses a pretty high amount of games and when he does we can count on 100+ yards from scrimmage by Mattison every single time. He isn't flashy, but he doesn't get tackled for loss and never fumbles that I recall.
His fumble nearly cost us the game vs. Detroit last year lol. But I hear ya. But Cook is too good to just toss at this point. I'd much rather bet on him being healthy 95% of the year than to cut him loose. As long as you have a good backup plan we'll be covered and we do have that right now. There arent many RBs that can stay healthy at this point. But I'd rather gamble on Cook playing 14-15 games this year
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Anybody know why Chandler dropped? I know this wasn't a strong RB class but just based on the eye test, Chandler looks like he should have gone a bit higher.

Can never have enough young legs at RB, and can never have enough RBs with a complete game in terms of running ability, catching ability, and pass protection ability. Chandler looks like very good value where the Vikes got him.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingLord wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:23 pm Anybody know why Chandler dropped? I know this wasn't a strong RB class but just based on the eye test, Chandler looks like he should have gone a bit higher.

Can never have enough young legs at RB, and can never have enough RBs with a complete game in terms of running ability, catching ability, and pass protection ability. Chandler looks like very good value where the Vikes got him.
Yeah I've been around long enough to take highlights with a huge grain of salt, but Chandler looks good on film Real good. He had the numbers to back it up also and he's a complete back who can run, catch and block. Vikings got a steal.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Here are McShay’s comments on Twitter:
North Carolina RB Ty Chandler is an underrated back with speed and contact balance as a runner, toughness in pass pro and legitimate downfield pass-catching ability. Some team could get a steal on Day 3 with Chandler.
After Chandler was picked, he said this on the live broadcast:
I love this guy — one of my favorite players in the entire draft class. I’m surprised he’s at pick five, and I would say congratulations, Minnesota, you’ve got a starting running back. But they’ve already got a pretty good one in Dalvin Cook. So, a great backup — let’s put it that way.
VV is right. His highlights are phenomenal. Runs 4.38. Can actually run routes out of the backfield. I could see KOC getting really creative with this guy.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:30 pm
VikingLord wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:23 pm Anybody know why Chandler dropped? I know this wasn't a strong RB class but just based on the eye test, Chandler looks like he should have gone a bit higher.

Yeah I've been around long enough to take highlights with a huge grain of salt, but Chandler looks good on film Real good. He had the numbers to back it up also and he's a complete back who can run, catch and block. Vikings got a steal.
The value of RBs isn't there anymore. Plus Chandler was playing at 23 years old his last year. Somehow he was able to play 5 years of college ball. The first 4 were at Tenn and then he transferred. I know 23 isn't old but in college your a dinosaur. He will be 24 in May. That might have something to do with it also. It looks like he can do everything very well. Maybe he can line up in the slot.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Could be the steal of the draft. Really. Feed him the ball and he will pound it threw. Almost wish they could trade Cook somehow and keep Mati and Ty.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:11 am Could be the steal of the draft. Really. Feed him the ball and he will pound it threw. Almost wish they could trade Cook somehow and keep Mati and Ty.
Cook won't be traded. He's to good for that. Plus he's a gamer. He don't quite. He should be even better in a more spread attack. He gets a crack and he'll split it. Then it's off to the races. That's scary for a defense.