Draft Day Question #2

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

KC sends: 2022 1st round picks (29 and 30), 2023 mid rounder. Vikings send: 12th pick

No Brainer
53%
Hesitant but yes
24%
Not a chance
12%
Unsure
12%

Total votes: 17

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Draft Day Question #2

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I'm voting no brainer here as well. Given the talent level from the 12th pick to the 29th and 30th pick isnt a massive drop off, I think we get more value here. I could see this offer being on the table given KC is now desperate for a top WR.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Draft Day Question #2

Post by IIsweet »

To me it's a no brainer to get 2 very good players that will be starting soon. Also, with the way the WR market is cashing in... We need to clear room for JJ. So looking for top talent to replace higher contract players in very near future is very real.
Pass rushing OLB, CB, FS, WR.
Perfect scenario, imo, would be:
29 DE/OLB Ojabo
30 CB Gordon
46 WR Metchie
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

What does a 23 midrounder mean? 3rd cool. 4th or later I don't even figure it into the equation. 12 for 29 and 30 sounds about right. Doesn't favor either team. I voted hesitant, but yes. Funny how we've mostly all been whining about trading down for years. (not me) and now we're voting in favor of doing just that.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:40 am What does a 23 midrounder mean? 3rd cool. 4th or later I don't even figure it into the equation. 12 for 29 and 30 sounds about right. Doesn't favor either team. I voted hesitant, but yes. Funny how we've mostly all been whining about trading down for years. (not me) and now we're voting in favor of doing just that.
'23 mid rounder as in a 3rd or 4th yes.

Yes trading down this year is a smart move I think given how near-even the first round is. Especially given the fact that there are a record number of teams with multiple first round picks this year and chances are those picks will be on the table come draft night. Also the possibility of gaining an extra first round pick next year to possibly bring in Kirk's successor.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

I think landing at 29th and 30th puts us outside of the Game Changers in this draft. We would likely have to piviot and draft individuals that are not our key positions of needs. Best case scenario we end up with Elam and Travis Jones.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

YikesVikes wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:48 pm I think landing at 29th and 30th puts us outside of the Game Changers in this draft. We would likely have to piviot and draft individuals that are not our key positions of needs. Best case scenario we end up with Elam and Travis Jones.
Yeah good point and interesting take
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Not a chance. Nothing left at those two spots.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

CharVike wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:37 am Not a chance. Nothing left at those two spots.
Agreed, really hoping Stingiey falls to us at 12, if not I feel there are still a handful of star play makers left, however I’d stay away from any corners but sauce or stingley at 12.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:07 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:40 am What does a 23 midrounder mean? 3rd cool. 4th or later I don't even figure it into the equation. 12 for 29 and 30 sounds about right. Doesn't favor either team. I voted hesitant, but yes. Funny how we've mostly all been whining about trading down for years. (not me) and now we're voting in favor of doing just that.
'23 mid rounder as in a 3rd or 4th yes.

Yes trading down this year is a smart move I think given how near-even the first round is. Especially given the fact that there are a record number of teams with multiple first round picks this year and chances are those picks will be on the table come draft night. Also the possibility of gaining an extra first round pick next year to possibly bring in Kirk's successor.
A 4th definitely not. A 3rd hesitant, but yes. I honestly don't know enough about this years draft to say whether there is a big difference of talent from 12 to 29-30.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:26 am
A 4th definitely not. A 3rd hesitant, but yes.
I guess I'm not sure why its a definite no for a 4th but a yes for a 3rd? Is there that much of a difference? There's even less of a gap between the 3rd and 4th rounds talent wise.
I honestly don't know enough about this years draft to say whether there is a big difference of talent from 12 to 29-30.
I dont believe there is a big difference. Most analysts feel the same way
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

allday1991 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:00 am
CharVike wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:37 am Not a chance. Nothing left at those two spots.
Agreed, really hoping Stingiey falls to us at 12, if not I feel there are still a handful of star play makers left, however I’d stay away from any corners but sauce or stingley at 12.
There will be a good player at 12 but it won't be a CB.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

CharVike wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:59 pm
allday1991 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:00 am

I'd be interested in McDuffie but probably not at 12. I'd be after him if I traded down.
-Chazz Palminteri
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:02 pm
CharVike wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:59 pm
I'd be interested in McDuffie but probably not at 12. I'd be after him if I traded down.
I’d be seriously upset with McDuffie at 12 if we trade back that’s fine but even then, I like Booth better.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I might be in the minority, but I am not as sold on Sauce as so many. My concern is the burst/quickness. He is fast, but I don't see the quickness. He is long which I like a lot. Xavier Rhodes and Jalen Ramsey were long, but twitchy. I am a big fan of Sauce's defensive length. However, a shutdown CB needs elite "twitch". I think Stingley has it. McDuffie to me is Antoine Winfield.
I am hoping for an elite interior DL ! I actually want Jordan Davis at 12. To me, it is the most important position in football, besides QB. Interior pass rushers completely change games.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I think the reason we’re more agreeable to trading down is that we’re not talking about trading down for a bunch of sixth-rounders.

After 15 years of Trader Rick, giving up one first-rounder for two sounds pretty good.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.