Coaching search 2022 - Confirmed Interviews and Speculation

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Coaching search 2022 - Confirmed Interviews and Speculation

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:51 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:11 pm
Who says most of us want an offensive HC?

I want somebody who can change the culture. I want a leader. I want someone who builds other leaders. From everything I’ve read, Raheem Morris is all of that.

And in case you weren’t aware, Raheem Morris served as the WR coach and passing game coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons. That would be the same Atlanta Falcons that led the league in offense, made Matt Ryan an MVP, and got to the Super Bowl. The guy is not a one-trick pony. And besides, a defensive coach who takes an actual interest in the offense can actually be really effective. Unless you call guys like Sean McDermott and Bill Belichick not effective.

I’m not sure about Adofo-Mensah. He’s an analytics guy. Ivy Leaguer. Former Wall St. day trader. But what about football? On one hand, he helped Cleveland build a heck of a roster. On the other hand, they made Baker Mayfield the No. 1 pick in the draft. I need more info. Lots more info.
The consensus of the board wanted an offensive guy. I didn't really care. I know Morris has at one time been involved with offense.
You can’t prove that. Have you polled everyone on the board? Who died and made you Speaker of the Board?

Ans besides, you’re the one who threw up over KAM and Morris.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

So the gm we wanted went with the bears and we are going to take our 2nd choice from the browns, sigh…. :hitfan:

I’ll wait till the HC is hired but I already have a feeling the bears will come out with better picks.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

I heard Mesah is linked to Ryans since Mesah used to work with Ryans so I hope he will be the hire
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:28 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:51 am
The consensus of the board wanted an offensive guy. I didn't really care. I know Morris has at one time been involved with offense.
You can’t prove that. Have you polled everyone on the board? Who died and made you Speaker of the Board?

Kapp are you in the mood to fight. I read zero comments on this board hoping for a defensive coach. I read several hoping for an offensive coach. That isn't proof, but it's a strong indicator. Yes I puked over Mensah/Morris. It seems horrible to me. If we hire Morris I hope your belief in his greatness proves justified. If you object to me attributing your declaration of greatness to Morris I took this quote from one of your posts and extrapolated.
I want somebody who can change the culture. I want a leader. I want someone who builds other leaders. From everything I’ve read, Raheem Morris is all of that.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsFan84 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:00 am I heard Mesah is linked to Ryans since Mesah used to work with Ryans so I hope he will be the hire
Ryans might not suck. :D
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:46 am
VikingsFan84 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:00 am I heard Mesah is linked to Ryans since Mesah used to work with Ryans so I hope he will be the hire
I think he will be good, he will help fix the ranked #31 defense if he is hired
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsFan84 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:49 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:46 am
You and I could fix the defense with ease. Just get Hunter and the rest to stay healthy.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:00 pm
VikingsFan84 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:49 am

You and I could fix the defense with ease. Just get Hunter and the rest to stay healthy.
I think Hunter is going to be cut unless Hunter agrees to take a paycut to get under the cap
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

allday1991 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:20 am So the gm we wanted went with the bears and we are going to take our 2nd choice from the browns, sigh…. :hitfan:

I’ll wait till the HC is hired but I already have a feeling the bears will come out with better picks.
I mean, yeah but on paper, the Browns should have been at least a playoff team. But Mayfield's regression along with other injuries derailed them greatly.

I too will await the hiring of the new head coach along with what he along with the new staff does in free agency and the draft

SKOL
For those with wings, fly to your dreams
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Angels Wings wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:51 pm
allday1991 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:20 am So the gm we wanted went with the bears and we are going to take our 2nd choice from the browns, sigh…. :hitfan:

I mean, yeah but on paper, the Browns should have been at least a playoff team. But Mayfield's regression along with other injuries derailed them greatly.

I too will await the hiring of the new head coach along with what he along with the new staff does in free agency and the draft

SKOL
Mayfield only regressed because he was injured
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:39 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:28 am

Kapp are you in the mood to fight. I read zero comments on this board hoping for a defensive coach. I read several hoping for an offensive coach. That isn't proof, but it's a strong indicator. Yes I puked over Mensah/Morris. It seems horrible to me. If we hire Morris I hope your belief in his greatness proves justified. If you object to me attributing your declaration of greatness to Morris I took this quote from one of your posts and extrapolated.
Really? Zero comments? I suggest you read more closely.
Also, am I the only guy that loves Brian Flores for this job?
Raiche as GM and Moore and HC is an intriguing combo.
Spytek and Bowles or Left such would be awesome
If the Raiders decide not to keep Rich Bisaccia as head coach, I hope the Vikings will take a good look at him. I was impressed with the job he did this season.
I don't care who they hire, just want a winner.
My short list from those lists...
Poles or Spytek for GM
Bowles, Hackett, or Ryans for HC
I heard Mesah is linked to Ryans since Mesah used to work with Ryans so I hope he will be the hire
All of this comes from the potential coaches thread. Meanwhile, I can only find one or two comments stating a desire to only consider offensive head coaches.

I have no actual data to back this up, but my sense is that after 8 years of the “sik heil Zimmer” dictatorship, most of us on this board simply want the best leader we can get.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:47 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:39 am

Really? Zero comments? I suggest you read more closely.
Also, am I the only guy that loves Brian Flores for this job?
Raiche as GM and Moore and HC is an intriguing combo.
Spytek and Bowles or Left such would be awesome
If the Raiders decide not to keep Rich Bisaccia as head coach, I hope the Vikings will take a good look at him. I was impressed with the job he did this season.
I don't care who they hire, just want a winner.
My short list from those lists...
Poles or Spytek for GM
Bowles, Hackett, or Ryans for HC
All of this comes from the potential coaches thread. Meanwhile, I can only find one or two comments stating a desire to only consider offensive head coaches.

I have no actual data to back this up, but my sense is that after 8 years of the “sik heil Zimmer” dictatorship, most of us on this board simply want the best leader we can get.
What I was referring too was posts that specifically said they wanted an offensive HC. I saw those. I saw zero saying they specifically wanted a defensive HC. However, you have pointed out support for coaches who were DCs.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Looks like Nathaniel Hackett is being hired as HC of the Broncos.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status ... de%3Dfalse

Will Rodgers follow him there?
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Texas Vike wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:27 am Looks like Nathaniel Hackett is being hired as HC of the Broncos.

Interesting hire but Broncos do not have a quarterback
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Texas Vike wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:27 am Looks like Nathaniel Hackett is being hired as HC of the Broncos.

On one hand … bummer. Hackett was my first choice.

On the other hand … if it gets Rodgers out of the division, good for us.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.