Mr. Clutch Minute Man Kirk Cousins

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Mr. Clutch Minute Man Kirk Cousins

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:37 am
StumpHunter wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:47 pm
So you want me to come up with a number greater than one you don't know yourself?
Yep. That's exactly it. I've been paying attention to this since 1970. If somebody had done it more than Cousins I would have known about it. Come up with the number or admit you were lying or talking out of your ...
As I said, Carr did it more than Cousins just this year. I don't even have to look at other seasons to find someone.

I just find it funny you post a stat that you don't even know the number for and then ask someone disprove it. Good stuff.
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:40 am
VikeFanInEagleLand wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:03 am

Don't you take the lead when you win??

Week 1: CIN Tied Game on last play
Week 5: DET Took lead at 0:00
Week 6: CAR Took lead in OT
Week 9: BAL Tied game at 1:03
Week 11: GB Took lead at 0:00
Week 13: DET Took lead at 1:50

If there is another instance where they scored a game tying or go ahead score inside the last 2 minutes, I didn't see any.
I guess you didn't see them then. There are more. I'm counting the game winning drive against Arizona and Carolina in regulation also. Cousins can't control short missed FGs. You also understand he can get two or possibly more in the same game right?
So, you're counting missed FG attepmts? Like in the Carolina game, where Cousins got them to the 30 yard line at the end of regulation, and they missed the FG? Or like the 58 yard attempt in the Arizona game that took place before the 2 minute warning?

Well, at least it's a record in your mind, and I guess that's all that counts for you.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:46 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:37 am

Yep. That's exactly it. I've been paying attention to this since 1970. If somebody had done it more than Cousins I would have known about it. Come up with the number or admit you were lying or talking out of your ...
As I said, Carr did it more than Cousins just this year. I don't even have to look at other seasons to find someone.

I just find it funny you post a stat that you don't even know the number for and then ask someone disprove it. Good stuff.
Carr did not.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikeFanInEagleLand wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:05 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:40 am
I guess you didn't see them then. There are more. I'm counting the game winning drive against Arizona and Carolina in regulation also. Cousins can't control short missed FGs. You also understand he can get two or possibly more in the same game right?
So, you're counting missed FG attepmts? Like in the Carolina game, where Cousins got them to the 30 yard line at the end of regulation, and they missed the FG? Or like the 58 yard attempt in the Arizona game that took place before the 2 minute warning?

Well, at least it's a record in your mind, and I guess that's all that counts for you.
It was a 39 or 37 yard FG at the end of regulation against AZ. Yes Cousins led a game winning drive in that one. Did exactly what he's supposed to do. That was a gimme. The one against Carolina was a should make it. Point is Cousins created the game winning drive. Joseph not converting has nothing to do with Cousins.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

No wonder our kickers struggle, the goalposts keep moving. Cousins has one more year max and then adios!
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

S197 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:57 pm No wonder our kickers struggle, the goalposts keep moving. Cousins has one more year max and then adios!
Hopefully it's a very successful year.
As for the goalposts they stayed right where they always are.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:28 pm
S197 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:57 pm No wonder our kickers struggle, the goalposts keep moving. Cousins has one more year max and then adios!
Which is where?
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:07 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:28 pm
Which is where?
I'm 99.9999999999% certain that you already know this, but I will answer your question nonetheless. The goalposts are 10 yards deep in the endzone, centered precisely halfway between the two sidelines.
Why do you ask such useless questions?
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:31 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:24 pm
Totally agree with you.

I was just wondering about official stats. After a bit of research, I’ve found my answer.

Fourth quarter comeback
The team trails in the 4th quarter by 1 score (8 points or less), and the offense goes on a drive to score that either ties the game or puts them ahead.

Note that to get credit for a 4QC, YOU MUST WIN OR TIE. So for the Cincinnati, Arizona and Baltimore games, no credit was given because the Vikings lost each of those games, even though Cousins covered all the other requirements.

Game winning drive
A quarterback leads his team to a go-ahead score in the fourth quarter for the FINAL TIME.

That means a QB could get credit for a GWD but not a 4QC. An example would be where the teams are tied at the end of three quarters, score in the fourth, and never trail again. Theoretically, you could get credit for a GWD even if you win by 3 TDs.

Cousins yesterday got credit for one 4QC and one GWD. An argument could be made that he should have been credited with two 4QC. It may be that the rules don’t allow for that.

On the season, he has three 4QC and two GWD. Had the Vikings not pissed away the Cincinnati, Arizona and Baltimore games, those numbers could easily be 6 and 5.
I've been watching NFL football since 1970 and Kirk has the best run of clutch game tying or game winning drives in all of those 51 years. Kirk in the clutch has been nothing short of extraordinamazing. It's just too bad he missed the FG against Arizona and had a phantom fumble in OT against Cinci.
He had all those about 8 games into the season. Never seen a QB with so many game tying or lead taking drives. Never will again. Hopefully in the future we will win so easily we never need them.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:48 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:31 pm
I've been watching NFL football since 1970 and Kirk has the best run of clutch game tying or game winning drives in all of those 51 years. Kirk in the clutch has been nothing short of extraordinamazing. It's just too bad he missed the FG against Arizona and had a phantom fumble in OT against Cinci.
He had all those about 8 games into the season. Never seen a QB with so many game tying or lead taking drives.
Except the elite QB Carr who had more this year.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:14 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:48 pm
He had all those about 8 games into the season. Never seen a QB with so many game tying or lead taking drives.
Except the elite QB Carr who had more this year.
he didn't.