Mr. Clutch Minute Man Kirk Cousins

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Mr. Clutch Minute Man Kirk Cousins

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:12 am
StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:50 pm
Plus his stat isn't even close to being true
My stat is absolutely true. You show me who has had more. Give me all the numbers. At one time Cousins had more game leading or tying drives in the last 2 minutes or OT than our games played. I quit counting, but I know he got more. Don't dig up any stat about game winning, because our Defense screwed those up. Just game tying or lead taking drives culminating in the last two minutes of regulation or in OT. If you can't just admit you were talking out of your ... or flat out lying.
So you just made this all up then?
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:28 am
IIsweet wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:33 pm Easy... 2 minute drive from the Detroit 19 yard line is not exactly clutch, but true, we did score a TD. Clutch would have been execution of a pass for the 2 point conversion !!!
Cousins is a very good thrower of the ball..... to open receivers..... when he has no pressure......
In the history of the NFL no QB has ever had a season leading so many last 2 minute of the game, or overtime tying or lead taking scoring drives as Cousins this year. He's been incredibly clutch. And BS to him never having pressure or defended receivers during all of those drives.
This was a little hard to believe. I went back to look at this season and Cousins led SIX(6) Game WInning or Game Tying drives which resulted in scores in the last 2 minutes of the game or OT. I don't know what the record is, but I would think that it is more than six. I do sort of remember a commentator making a similar comment at one point of the season, but I think that also included scoring drives within the last 2 minutes of the first half. Cousins had five(5) of those this season.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikeFanInEagleLand wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:56 pm
In the history of the NFL no QB has ever had a season leading so many last 2 minute of the game, or overtime tying or lead taking scoring drives as Cousins this year. He's been incredibly clutch. And BS to him never having pressure or defended receivers during all of those drives.
This was a little hard to believe. I went back to look at this season and Cousins led SIX(6) Game WInning or Game Tying drives which resulted in scores in the last 2 minutes of the game or OT. I don't know what the record is, but I would think that it is more than six. I do sort of remember a commentator making a similar comment at one point of the season, but I think that also included scoring drives within the last 2 minutes of the first half. Cousins had five(5) of those this season.
A quick glance around the league just this year sees Carr has 8.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Not game winning. Game leading or tying culminating in the last two minutes of regulation or OT. Cousins can't control what the defense does after he gets the lead. He was clutch again and again.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:43 pm

A quick glance around the league just this year sees Carr has 8.
Not the stat I'm talking about.
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

halfgiz wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:39 am
My stat is absolutely true. You show me who has had more. Give me all the numbers. At one time Cousins had more game leading or tying drives in the last 2 minutes or OT than our games played. I quit counting, but I know he got more. Don't dig up any stat about game winning, because our Defense screwed those up. Just game tying or lead taking drives culminating in the last two minutes of regulation or in OT. If you can't just admit you were talking out of your ... or flat out lying.
Well Diggs didn’t like Cousins, add Rudy to the list, and I see Thielen and Cousins getting animated on the sidelines more than once. Now add JJ to the list. I would say Check Down Charlie could be a lot of the problem.
Give me Wins !!
Liking has nothing to do with it. Also Check Down Charlie is BS. Cousins has a very nice YPA. 11th best in the NFL. Better than Patrick Mahomes. You hate him all you want and dig deeeeeeeeeep for the stats that denigrate him..
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:10 pm
I'm still waiting for you to show me anybody in the history of the NFL who had more of these. I didn't need to count after he got so far ahead of anybody in history.
Nice 4th quarter comeback for Kirk and the Vikings today. Not last two minutes, but still nice and resulted in a win which I'm sure you didn't want us to get. You think Draft position is something to lose on purpose for.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:42 pm

Well Diggs didn’t like Cousins, add Rudy to the list, and I see Thielen and Cousins getting animated on the sidelines more than once. Now add JJ to the list. I would say Check Down Charlie could be a lot of the problem.
Give me Wins !!
Liking has nothing to do with it. Also Check Down Charlie is BS. Cousins has a very nice YPA. 11th best in the NFL. Better than Patrick Mahomes. You hate him all you want and dig deeeeeeeeeep for the stats that denigrate him..
I didn’t quote stats. I just want wins, and I have no ideas why Cousins has such a bad record against winning teams.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

halfgiz wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:54 pm
I didn’t quote stats. I just want wins, and I have no ideas why Cousins has such a bad record against winning teams.
Sorry I was thinking you were Stump for a minute. You're not the one digging deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep for the stats.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:58 pm
halfgiz wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:54 pm

Sorry I was thinking you were Stump for a minute. You're not the one digging deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep for the stats.
Nope. Not sure what the fix is going to be. Let the new staff figure that out.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:47 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:10 pm
I'm still waiting for you to show me anybody in the history of the NFL who had more of these. I didn't need to count after he got so far ahead of anybody in history.
Nice 4th quarter comeback for Kirk and the Vikings today. Not last two minutes, but still nice and resulted in a win which I'm sure you didn't want us to get. You think Draft position is something to lose on purpose for.
So you want me to come up with a number greater than one you don't know yourself?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Give me Wins !!
Cousins always had a good YPA. This year Zim was doing everything he could to protect the defense which meant long time consuming drives. Dink and dunk down the field. In today's world YPA probably means nothing. IMO it's a tell tale stat. Just like the 50 year old QB rating means nothing to some. It's some new stat. Comes down to the fantasy BS that people play. In the fantasy world rushing by a QB has a great value and that's why most want a dual threat guy. Dual threat isn't winning Super Bowl. QB is the hardest position. Master one threat passing and you will be golden. Most can't get that mastered. And people expect another thing to master. The human statue Brady wins. Looks like Rodgers another statue will get it this year. But that 49er team IMO has the pieces to knock one of the big dogs out. That team hits. You play them get ready because they will bring it. They lay the wood. Plus there OL is solid. They hit and block. There QB is another statue that made the Super Bowl. He's no Rodgers passing but he plays hard nosed football and isn't afraid to throw it. In the fantasy world they make up stats for all different types of leagues and call it next gen. I call it next BS.
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:40 pm

Not game winning. Game leading or tying culminating in the last two minutes of regulation or OT. Cousins can't control what the defense does after he gets the lead. He was clutch again and again.
Don't you take the lead when you win??

Week 1: CIN Tied Game on last play
Week 5: DET Took lead at 0:00
Week 6: CAR Took lead in OT
Week 9: BAL Tied game at 1:03
Week 11: GB Took lead at 0:00
Week 13: DET Took lead at 1:50

If there is another instance where they scored a game tying or go ahead score inside the last 2 minutes, I didn't see any.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:47 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:47 pm

So you want me to come up with a number greater than one you don't know yourself?
Yep. That's exactly it. I've been paying attention to this since 1970. If somebody had done it more than Cousins I would have known about it. Come up with the number or admit you were lying or talking out of your ...
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikeFanInEagleLand wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:03 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:40 pm
Don't you take the lead when you win??

Week 1: CIN Tied Game on last play
Week 5: DET Took lead at 0:00
Week 6: CAR Took lead in OT
Week 9: BAL Tied game at 1:03
Week 11: GB Took lead at 0:00
Week 13: DET Took lead at 1:50

If there is another instance where they scored a game tying or go ahead score inside the last 2 minutes, I didn't see any.
I guess you didn't see them then. There are more. I'm counting the game winning drive against Arizona and Carolina in regulation also. Cousins can't control short missed FGs. You also understand he can get two or possibly more in the same game right?