Mr. Clutch Minute Man Kirk Cousins

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Mr. Clutch Minute Man Kirk Cousins

Post by IIsweet »

Easy... 2 minute drive from the Detroit 19 yard line is not exactly clutch, but true, we did score a TD. Clutch would have been execution of a pass for the 2 point conversion !!!
Cousins is a very good thrower of the ball..... to open receivers..... when he has no pressure......
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

IIsweet wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:33 pm Easy... 2 minute drive from the Detroit 19 yard line is not exactly clutch, but true, we did score a TD. Clutch would have been execution of a pass for the 2 point conversion !!!
Cousins is a very good thrower of the ball..... to open receivers..... when he has no pressure......
How many QBs have you seen that hit covered WRs or throw well when under pressure. Mahomes is the most recent example of a QB having a hard time when under pressure. That's why the Chiefs signed that over priced FA G and obtained that tackle from the Ravens. All QBs need time to throw and guys that can get open. Cousins biggest mistake was leaving too much time on the clock. Who would have thought that team could march down the field. There O isn't that good. They made it look easy.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Cousins had a single 3 yard pass on that final drive. Super clutch.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

CharVike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:26 pm
IIsweet wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:33 pm Easy... 2 minute drive from the Detroit 19 yard line is not exactly clutch, but true, we did score a TD. Clutch would have been execution of a pass for the 2 point conversion !!!
How many QBs have you seen that hit covered WRs or throw well when under pressure. Mahomes is the most recent example of a QB having a hard time when under pressure. That's why the Chiefs signed that over priced FA G and obtained that tackle from the Ravens. All QBs need time to throw and guys that can get open. Cousins biggest mistake was leaving too much time on the clock. Who would have thought that team could march down the field. There O isn't that good. They made it look easy.
I will give you 1 name right now which shows the incompetence of this Viking GM and HC.
Mac Jones !
Available with our pick this past year and already making throws that our $45 million QB won't !!!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

IIsweet wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:36 pm
CharVike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:26 pm
I will give you 1 name right now which shows the incompetence of this Viking GM and HC.
Mac Jones !
Available with our pick this past year and already making throws that our $45 million QB won't !!!
I wanted Jones badly. You don't get a gift like that very often. Speilman was only picking one position.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:10 pm Cousins had a single 3 yard pass on that final drive. Super clutch.
It was on third and goal for a touchdown, so there is that.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

In 2017 Bradford went down. We bring in a backup QB Case Keenum making 2 million a year.
He goes 11-3 and takes us to NFC title game.

2018 We bring in Kirk Cousins and pay him big bucks to take us to the promise land.
He hasn’t even bettered Keenum’s record. In fact he could be in danger of having 2 loosing seasons.
With Zimmer, Cousins isn’t taking us anywhere soon.
Make all the excuses you want...I’m not listening :lol:
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

In the history of the NFL no QB has ever had a season leading so many last 2 minute of the game, or overtime tying or lead taking scoring drives as Cousins this year. He's been incredibly clutch. And BS to him never having pressure or defended receivers during all of those drives.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Bumping this to say one thing.

If Kirk Cousins had half of Joe Burrow’s moxie, we’d have 10+ wins, and our future would look totally different.

What Burrow did against the Chiefs today was ridiculous. That team is set for 15 years. He’s Aaron Rodgers without being an a$$. The Bengals’ last drive — against the Chiefs, not the Lions or Panthers — was absolutely epic, as were the dimes he was dropping all throughout the second half.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:29 pm Bumping this to say one thing.

If Kirk Cousins had half of Joe Burrow’s moxie, we’d have 10+ wins, and our future would look totally different.

What Burrow did against the Chiefs today was ridiculous. That team is set for 15 years. He’s Aaron Rodgers without being an a$$. The Bengals’ last drive — against the Chiefs, not the Lions or Panthers — was absolutely epic, as were the dimes he was dropping all throughout the second half.
Burrow's moxie beat Cousins this year. I liked Burrow when he came out. He was the number 1 pick. Others liked him also. He wasn't an after thought pick like 2nd or 3rd or 4th round picks are.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:28 am
In the history of the NFL no QB has ever had a season leading so many last 2 minute of the game, or overtime tying or lead taking scoring drives as Cousins this year. He's been incredibly clutch. And BS to him never having pressure or defended receivers during all of those drives.
I can't blame Cousins for the outcome of this season.

But I still want to see the Vikings move on from him. Whatever positives he brings, they aren't enough to push the team over the top.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:05 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:28 am

But I still want to see the Vikings move on from him. Whatever positives he brings, they aren't enough to push the team over the top.
Plus his stat isn't even close to being true
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Rudy asked his opinion on Vikings QB’s

https://thevikingage.com/2022/01/05/kyl ... k-cousins/
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:50 pm
VikingLord wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:05 am

My stat is absolutely true. You show me who has had more. Give me all the numbers. At one time Cousins had more game leading or tying drives in the last 2 minutes or OT than our games played. I quit counting, but I know he got more. Don't dig up any stat about game winning, because our Defense screwed those up. Just game tying or lead taking drives culminating in the last two minutes of regulation or in OT. If you can't just admit you were talking out of your ... or flat out lying.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:12 am
StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:50 pm
My stat is absolutely true. You show me who has had more. Give me all the numbers. At one time Cousins had more game leading or tying drives in the last 2 minutes or OT than our games played. I quit counting, but I know he got more. Don't dig up any stat about game winning, because our Defense screwed those up. Just game tying or lead taking drives culminating in the last two minutes of regulation or in OT. If you can't just admit you were talking out of your ... or flat out lying.
Well Diggs didn’t like Cousins, add Rudy to the list, and I see Thielen and Cousins getting animated on the sidelines more than once. Now add JJ to the list. I would say Check Down Charlie could be a lot of the problem.
Give me Wins !!