Cousins out Sunday night against GB

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

makila
Franchise Player

Re: Cousins out Sunday night against GB

Post by makila »

Well that went about as expected last night. Fun times. Mannion out rushed Cook. Hahaha. That pretty much came on one play too.

I was pretty checked out in the second half. Bad football. Bad team. Make changes wilfs. Please.

Oh and just start Mond for game 17.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

It's been gratifying to recently see resigned articles from a lot of left of center sources acknowledging that we are all going to get Covid. Omicron has made this clear even to those who previously thought we might 'end' covid. I think universally recognizing that this is endemic may be the first step to finally shutting down the covid theatre, and actually just taking reasonable steps that allow the possibility of getting back to some approximation of normal.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

makila wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:18 am Well that went about as expected last night. Fun times. Mannion out rushed Cook. Hahaha. That pretty much came on one play too.

I was pretty checked out in the second half. Bad football. Bad team. Make changes wilfs. Please.

This OL gets worse as the season goes on.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

CharVike wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:45 am
makila wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:18 am Well that went about as expected last night. Fun times. Mannion out rushed Cook. Hahaha. That pretty much came on one play too.

This OL gets worse as the season goes on.
They were dominated last night by a much more disciplined and aware defensive front seven.
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

"After Dillon scored to make it 37-10, the Vikings brought Mond in for a series while the Vikings’ medical staff helped Mannion deal with cramps in his throwing hand."

You can't make it up.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

40for60 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:12 am "After Dillon scored to make it 37-10, the Vikings brought Mond in for a series while the Vikings’ medical staff helped Mannion deal with cramps in his throwing hand."

You can't make it up.
Just like Zimmer said! Not enough running. It was obviously an overuse injury!🤣🤣🤣
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

fiestavike wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:20 am It's been gratifying to recently see resigned articles from a lot of left of center sources acknowledging that we are all going to get Covid. Omicron has made this clear even to those who previously thought we might 'end' covid. I think universally recognizing that this is endemic may be the first step to finally shutting down the covid theatre, and actually just taking reasonable steps that allow the possibility of getting back to some approximation of normal.
Most experts believed we would "end" covid if enough people got vaccinated quick enough. That didn't happen. Now we're here. The science and the situation has changed because humans didn't listen to the experts from the beginning.

Just hope Omicron is truly less severe for kids under 5. I've lost all empathy for adults who chose to be unvaxxed so I don't care what happens to them at this point as long as they don't clog up our hospitals when adults who did their part need hospital care.

Also - I stayed up an additional 20 minutes in hopes to see Mond come back in for the final possession but turned it off when I saw Mannion out there. I thought Zim finally gave the OK for Mond to play but alas he was forced to.
Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

VikeFanInEagleLand wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:12 am
808vikingsfan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:05 pm If Cousins ultimate goal was to win a Super Bowl, how can you defend his decision to not get the vaccine?
Clearly his goals are more “personal “

The biggest game of the season and he can’t suit up because of something he never took seriously. Pretty comical if you ask me. Same with Cook.

I sure hope last week was the last game we see Cousins in purple.
So you're saying that if your employer asked you to do something that you felt was unsafe, you'd do it? I guess you look up to all those guys that pumped steroids into their bodies because they put football ahead of their own health.

When are you guys going to understand that it doesn't matter what YOU think? It's HIS body. If HE feels that the vaccine might not be as safe in the long haul, then it doesn't matter that YOU or anyone else feels otherwise.
the absolute truth! Well stated!
Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

CharVike wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:51 pm
808vikingsfan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:05 pm If Cousins ultimate goal was to win a Super Bowl, how can you defend his decision to not get the vaccine?

The biggest game of the season and he can’t suit up because of something he never took seriously. Pretty comical if you ask me. Same with Cook.

If you think winning a Super Bowl is the most important thing in his life you are in fantasy land. I'm sure there are many other things that are more important. It's a job like any other job. But he is a competitor which is why he made it to the highest level of the sport he plays. He wants to win if he didn't he never would have made it this far. You're like others who want him out. Let's get back on the QB trolley that's a fun ride. We can start with the next Spergeon Winn or Joe Webb or any other bum after bum we have had. All medical treatment is a personal choice. You could say any person that plays this game isn't taking it seriously. People are sweating and breathing on each other with close contact for hours. That's stupidity on all them. Every game is big. We gave this season away long before this. The Packers are division champs.
Great post CharVike!
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

So you're saying that if your employer asked you to do something that you felt was unsafe, you'd do it? I guess you look up to all those guys that pumped steroids into their bodies because they put football ahead of their own health.

When are you guys going to understand that it doesn't matter what YOU think? It's HIS body. If HE feels that the vaccine might not be as safe in the long haul, then it doesn't matter that YOU or anyone else feels otherwise.
There's just way too much subjectivity when a player says "I don't think it's safe for me". Most employers require some sort of 3rd party expert (typically a doctor) opinion on something like this. If Kirk's doc told the team the vax isn't safe for him - then so be it. But players really shouldn't be the only decider on it.

Example from one of my employers:

"Dear XXX Staff Member,

XXX requires all U.S.-based faculty and staff to submit verification of COVID-19 vaccination or apply for a medical or religious exemption with supporting documentation no later than 30 days from their date of hire."

Obviously Kirk could just go to his dad and get a religious exemption, but at least that would require someone else to hold responsibility for that decision.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

CharVike wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:51 pm Let's get back on the QB trolley that's a fun ride. We can start with the next Spergeon Winn or Joe Webb or any other bum after bum we have had.
So, it's either stick with a QB who has not elevated the team's chances since he signed with the Vikings or just cycle through more bums?

Wynn and Webb were not highly-rated prospects coming out. Both were highly speculative late rounders IIRC.

I think there are more choices than Cousins or bums.
CharVike wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:51 pm All medical treatment is a personal choice. You could say any person that plays this game isn't taking it seriously. People are sweating and breathing on each other with close contact for hours. That's stupidity on all them. Every game is big. We gave this season away long before this. The Packers are division champs.
For the 3rd year running...

To be fair to Cousins, the Packers have managed this with an unvaccinated QB who also missed what seemed at the time a big game for his team, which was also a game the Packers lost. And to be fair to Cousins, he never intimated he was "immunized" or whatever nonsense Rodgers tried to claim.

But I still want Cousins gone next season, because vaccinated or unvaccinated, he's not going to put the team over the top.
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

TSonn wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:56 pm

There's just way too much subjectivity when a player says "I don't think it's safe for me". Most employers require some sort of 3rd party expert (typically a doctor) opinion on something like this. If Kirk's doc told the team the vax isn't safe for him - then so be it. But players really shouldn't be the only decider on it.

Example from one of my employers:

"Dear XXX Staff Member,

XXX requires all U.S.-based faculty and staff to submit verification of COVID-19 vaccination or apply for a medical or religious exemption with supporting documentation no later than 30 days from their date of hire."

Obviously Kirk could just go to his dad and get a religious exemption, but at least that would require someone else to hold responsibility for that decision.
Back in the training camp timeframe when this all came out, PA thought that he wouldn't get the vaccine due to religious reasons. Of course it's probably a guess on his part, and it's Kirk's business, but I am curious as to what are the religious reasons for not getting it. Does he get any other vaccines? Do his kids get any vaccines at all? I would just like to know what are the religious reasons for not getting it.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Yes, his choice but it affects everyone on his team. And please don’t use the unsafe argument. He expressed how he felt about the virus when he made fun of mask wearing.

Anyway, I could care less about him as a person and a player. Get him off this this team please.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Speaking of Covid, I present to you … your (likely) starting offensive line for the season finale against the Bears.

Oli Udoh, Mason Cole, Garrett Bradbury, Dakota Dozier, and Rashod Hill.

That’s right, Christian Darrisaw, Ezra Cleveland and Brian O’Neill are all on the Covid list.

And to complete the fun, Eric Kendricks and Camryn Bynum will also kiss the game due to Covid.

Since this list came out yesterday, and the mandatory down period for vaccinated players is five days, you may assume all these guys are unvaccinated.

Let the carnage begin.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:14 am Speaking of Covid, I present to you … your (likely) starting offensive line for the season finale against the Bears.

Oli Udoh, Mason Cole, Garrett Bradbury, Dakota Dozier, and Rashod Hill.

That’s right, Christian Darrisaw, Ezra Cleveland and Brian O’Neill are all on the Covid list.

And to complete the fun, Eric Kendricks and Camryn Bynum will also kiss the game due to Covid.

Since this list came out yesterday, and the mandatory down period for vaccinated players is five days, you may assume all these guys are unvaccinated.

Let the carnage begin.
Cole is on IR, so I think we will get to see the greatest Olineman to never play a snap, Wyatt Davis on the line.

Looks like fans will get their wish and younger players are going to get a shot at significant playing time in this meaningless game.