The greatest news EVER

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

The greatest news EVER

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

This is the one that will put us over the top.
vikings.com wrote:The Vikings on Tuesday announced they have signed Kyle Sloter to their 53-man roster, bringing back the quarterback after more than two years.
There are no words to describe how psyched I am for this. Sloter fans rejoice!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: The greatest news EVER

Post by Maelstrom88 »

It's too late Zim.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

Why.
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

Seems they are not real confident about Mond.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Raz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:57 pmWhy.
I’d say god only knows, but I’m not even sure that’s true.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

These are the same clowns that drafted Mond they must have thought something of him by the end of the season here ud think he would be capable to be a backup to a guy who never takes a play off
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

More Vikings news of the day. I see Madden passing away so getting to see hi lights of the raiders whipping the Vikings. Also this day in history the Vikings help create the phrase Hail Mary stupid cowboys.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Fat Stupid Loser wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:23 pm Seems they are not real confident about Mond.
Who is? Just another Speilman QB reach.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Fat Stupid Loser wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:23 pm Seems they are not real confident about Mond.
It has nothing to do with Mond. Mannion has Covid and being unvaccinated was likely maskless in the QB room around Cousins. They Vikings are making sure they have a backup if Cousins goes down to Covid and Mond needs to start. I expect Sloter to be in street clothes on the sidelines against the Packers if Cousins continues to test negative.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:10 am
It has nothing to do with Mond. Mannion has Covid and being unvaccinated was likely maskless in the QB room around Cousins. They Vikings are making sure they have a backup if Cousins goes down to Covid and Mond needs to start. I expect Sloter to be in street clothes on the sidelines against the Packers if Cousins continues to test negative.
I had a dream last night that Cousins came down with COVID and misses the Packers game.

Crazy. Now I'm going to wait to see if that was a premonition. It would be a fitting end to this season if that comes to pass.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingLord wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:37 am
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:10 am

I had a dream last night that Cousins came down with COVID and misses the Packers game.

Crazy. Now I'm going to wait to see if that was a premonition. It would be a fitting end to this season if that comes to pass.
I will be watching that game in person and would prefer to watch Mond versus Cousins. Not because I think Mond gives us a better chance to win, but because it would make the game more interesting to watch.

It would be a good thing for the long term future of this franchise to start Mond Sunday, for multiple reasons.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

What rookie is Zim ever confident in? Most of them only get playing time when he’s absolutely forced to start them.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

CharVike wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:14 am
Mond wasn’t a reach at all. The 3rd round was exactly where he was projected to go. If the Vikings didn’t draft him Houston was going to 2 picks later
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

CharVike wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:14 am
I don't think he was a reach per se. I saw mocks that had Mond going in the early part of the 2nd, so it's hard to argue he was a reach based on where he went.

Also, I saw some of his post-draft interviews. He's still a kid, just like Fields and many of the other young QBs that come out every year. Thank goodness he doesn't have to put the future of the team on his shoulders right away. I doubt many of these rookie QBs can possibly be ready for something like that, much less the harsh critiques that inevitably come when mistakes are made. Be thankful that Cousins is here so Mond has some time to learn the position a bit. His chances of becoming a good pro QB are substantially better because of the situation he was drafted into than almost any other factor.

Not sure I agree with Stump that he should start against the Packers, though. I can't see Zimmer doing that as long as the Vikings have a chance to make the playoffs. Should the game get out of reach, maybe he might trot him out there for a series or two.

I suspect the game won't get out of reach, though. The Vikings have this maddening ability to play the opposite to the way we expect them to play. They're coming off two substandard performances now. They are basically out of the playoff picture. The Packers are playing relatively well and are going for HFA throughout the playoffs.

Yep - this is setting up as a game the Vikings will play well and win.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

And … once again, the dream is over.

The Vikings released Sloter on Monday.

Yet another reason to fire Zimmer. :lol:
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.