Cousins out Sunday night against GB

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Cousins out Sunday night against GB

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

CharVike wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:54 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:04 pm What an absolute joke. Another offensive blunder by the guy that doesn’t have a clue what he has for talent on the offensive side of the ball because he pays zero attention to the offense.

I’ve been saying it all along he flat out refuses to play rookies on offense unless it’s an absolute necessity. Took weeks to start O’Neill, took forever to start Cleveland, took 3 games to get Jefferson in a full game. Refuses to play Wyatt Davis over Udoh or Dozier. Plays Sean mannion over mond. ZIMMER F###ING BLOWS. Until ownership realizes this, we will forever be stuck in the mud with mediocre Mike
Did you forget Bradbury was the stater the minute he signed his contract. Total stiff and once his contract is up he won't be on the team and more than likely out of the NFL. Davis looks like Dru Samia part 2. He's only on the roster because he was a draft pick. People need to get over this Mond stuff. He's many years away. He is a guy who tries to stare his primary WR open. It never works that way at the pro level. This years pick Darrisaw was the starter. Not exactly a dominating player. Shouldn't be starting and Zim is putting other players health at risk with him out there. Mannion is a horrible QB. They had no choice. There was nothing on the roster.
No I’m well aware Bradbury started. Same goes for darrisaw. And darrisaw is actually playing pretty well. He has a 70+ grade in each of the last 4 games. Maybe not dominating but that’s damn good rookie play. But Zim putting darrisaw out there is putting players health at risk?! Lol just another take of yours that I truly don’t understand. Darrisaw should 1000% be starting.

Wyatt Davis is the former big 10 offensive lineman of the year. The only reason he’s on the roster is because he’s a draft pick? Like dude what are you even saying? The fact that you trust zimmer making any offensive roster adjustment after the examples I’ve used, I’m not sure what to tell you.

Clearly you’re a lot like Zim though. Thinking guys like Samia, hill, Dozier, mannion, etc should start over our rookies. Weird this always seems to happen on offense and very little on defense. I’m guessing that’s because our coach is always staring in the same direction
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

Cousins must have had a meeting where he wasn’t behind plexiglass or outside! 🙄

I bet NBC executives are pissed it is too late to flex out of this turd game now.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:05 pm
CharVike wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:54 pm
Did you forget Bradbury was the stater the minute he signed his contract. Total stiff and once his contract is up he won't be on the team and more than likely out of the NFL. Davis looks like Dru Samia part 2. He's only on the roster because he was a draft pick. People need to get over this Mond stuff. He's many years away. He is a guy who tries to stare his primary WR open. It never works that way at the pro level. This years pick Darrisaw was the starter. Not exactly a dominating player. Shouldn't be starting and Zim is putting other players health at risk with him out there. Mannion is a horrible QB. They had no choice. There was nothing on the roster.
Dude, literally nobody knows anything about how Mond is progressing. Not even guys in the media, who occasionally have access to practice. Nobody has seen him or talked to him. There’s not a single article from a credible source that I can find about him. Yet here you are giving us a scouting report on how Mond uses his eyes!

I know you wanted Mac Jones, but man, you gotta over it. Jones is a Patriot. Mond is a Viking. Allegedly.
Mond is your typical young athletic QB. I've seen it many many times. Gannon was like that and he was one of the few that developed but it took many years. The Pats wanted to make him a RB and he declined so we traded for him. He actually took some team to a Super Bowl but he was in his mid to late 30s. Johnson was an athletic guy who was a basketball player also in college and that's not easy to do. You need to be able to play the game good to make the team. He was lucky that he played a season in Europe which increased the speed of his development. He was one of my favorite players and was traded. Time will tell with Mond. Hopefully we finally have the 15 year future HOF guy. Speilman is the one that made the selection so I'm not too confident just based on that fact. But I could be wrong. Maybe he starts once we are officially eliminated and will lead us to the promise land soon.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

My opinion with Manion at QB. We are toast.

I would like to see Mond. Maybe he makes mistakes. Maybe we lose.

If I was a betting man, my money would be on Manion not being a factor.

If it gets Zimmer out the door, maybe worth it. I know if you get in the playoffs. Is this team going anywhere, I do not recall if we had 2 game winning streak, let alone 3.

I had no interest in seeing mansion on the field at anytime
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Wow the plexiglass failed him? Who ever could have seen this happening?

They should rip the “C” off his jersey. Selfish idiot. Can’t wait to be rid of him and the people responsible for signing him.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

S197 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:30 pm Wow the plexiglass failed him? Who ever could have seen this happening?

They should rip the “C” off his jersey. Selfish idiot. Can’t wait to be rid of him and the people responsible for signing him.
Me too. I feel like this is a fitting ending to this season and, hopefully, to the Spielman-Zimmer-Cousins era; time for a hard reboot.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Sad to see the discussion is not more about the idiot Cousins.

The fan base deserves better than the individualistic attitudes from the star players on this team.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

@murphmedia_
Stubbornly unvaccinated Kirk Cousins tests positive, can’t play biggest game of #Vikings season. Fitting coda to his expensive and unfulfilling career in Minnesota. He did everything but win or lead when it mattered, failing to grasp that being an NFL QB is bigger than oneself.
Chad Graff
@ChadGraff
Mike Zimmer made multiple pleas to his team’s star players to get vaccinated. Unvaccinated players have been around seven times more likely to land on the COVID/Reserve list.

So Zimmer feared losing his most important players when it mattered most. Now that fear is realized
Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
·
Kirk Cousins may have gotten COVID if he was vaccinated, true. But it is also true that he did not do everything possible to avoid something like this happening. So criticism is warranted. THAT SAID ... I think this is just more indicative of this team as a whole

This is, and has been, a selfish Vikings team. Dalvin Cook, as important in my mind as Cousins, not getting vaccinated and missing a HUGE home game last week. Harrison Smith. Adam Thielen. Many of the team's leaders didn't do everything possible to help this team.

Mike Zimmer can be included as well. His coaching has been largely uncompromising. He wants it HIS way. And that sets a tone with players as well. Up and down the roster, this team just did not play for each other. They looked too much at themselves. And they are where they are

So yeah, you can be mad at Cousins for missing this game. But this team, time and time again, has shown that it is NOT a team. It is a collection of individuals, w/a ceiling on its potential far lower than the talent assembled. That's how these Vikings should be remembered
Jim Souhan
@SouhanStrib
There is nothing more predictable than Kirk Cousins testing positive before having one last chance to save the jobs of the people dumb enough to have signed him.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

S197 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:30 pm Wow the plexiglass failed him? Who ever could have seen this happening?

yup send dalvin and Thielen packing too. And Harrison smith. What a bunch of selfish idiots :roll:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

808vikingsfan wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:31 pm
@murphmedia_
Stubbornly unvaccinated Kirk Cousins tests positive, can’t play biggest game of #Vikings season. Fitting coda to his expensive and unfulfilling career in Minnesota. He did everything but win or lead when it mattered, failing to grasp that being an NFL QB is bigger than oneself.
Chad Graff
@ChadGraff
Mike Zimmer made multiple pleas to his team’s star players to get vaccinated. Unvaccinated players have been around seven times more likely to land on the COVID/Reserve list.

So Zimmer feared losing his most important players when it mattered most. Now that fear is realized
Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
·
Kirk Cousins may have gotten COVID if he was vaccinated, true. But it is also true that he did not do everything possible to avoid something like this happening. So criticism is warranted. THAT SAID ... I think this is just more indicative of this team as a whole

This is, and has been, a selfish Vikings team. Dalvin Cook, as important in my mind as Cousins, not getting vaccinated and missing a HUGE home game last week. Harrison Smith. Adam Thielen. Many of the team's leaders didn't do everything possible to help this team.

Mike Zimmer can be included as well. His coaching has been largely uncompromising. He wants it HIS way. And that sets a tone with players as well. Up and down the roster, this team just did not play for each other. They looked too much at themselves. And they are where they are

So yeah, you can be mad at Cousins for missing this game. But this team, time and time again, has shown that it is NOT a team. It is a collection of individuals, w/a ceiling on its potential far lower than the talent assembled. That's how these Vikings should be remembered
Jim Souhan
@SouhanStrib
There is nothing more predictable than Kirk Cousins testing positive before having one last chance to save the jobs of the people dumb enough to have signed him.
Lol look at these whiny writers on Twitter. They seem to forget that your well being and family come first before football. None of these morons as well as you, have any clue WHY they didn’t get the vaccine. Could’ve been a multitude of VALID reasons. Just like I initially had. So again, quit your whining and complaining when you have zero idea of the reasoning behind it. Football isn’t their #1 priority in life. As it shouldn’t be. They are human beings too, just like us
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:35 pm

Me too. I feel like this is a fitting ending to this season and, hopefully, to the Spielman-Zimmer-Cousins era; time for a hard reboot.
Let's hope that reboot is coming in a few weeks and if so, that the Wilfs get it right. This team could use a fresh approach and a reason for some hope.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

808vikingsfan wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:31 pm
Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
·

Krawczynski nailed it, from the idiotic selfishness of star players to the stubborn inflexibility of the head coach and the tone that sets.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:00 amLol look at these whiny writers on Twitter. They seem to forget that your well being and family come first before football. None of these morons as well as you, have any clue WHY they didn’t get the vaccine. Could’ve been a multitude of VALID reasons.
Unlikely, especially in Cousins case. One look at his father suggests the tree from which his decision likely branches. The odds that these professional athletes have contraindications that would make it inadvisable for them to receive a covid vaccine are slim indeed and, of course, if that were their reason for refusal, they'd have little reason to hide it.
Just like I initially had. So again, quit your whining and complaining when you have zero idea of the reasoning behind it. Football isn’t their #1 priority in life. As it shouldn’t be. They are human beings too, just like us
Football doesn't need to be their #1 priority in life to get vaccinated. However, protecting their health and the health of their co-workers and loved ones should be a priority and when a team is paying a QB $31 million to play, he has a responsibility to do everything he can to make sure he's available to play.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Mothman wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:20 am
Unlikely, especially in Cousins case. One look at his father suggests the tree from which his decision likely branches. The odds that these professional athletes have contraindications that would make it inadvisable for them to receive a covid vaccine are slim indeed and, of course, if that were their reason for refusal, they'd have little reason to hide it.
Again, you can take shots at guessing why he didn’t get it but you’re going to be shooting blanks. This was his personal decision and something he didn’t speak about to anyone other than his family. Cousins has always been a pretty private person so whether it was a valid reason or not, why does he need to tell anyone at all? He doesn’t and he didn’t. Would you have been able to guess my reasoning behind it? No. We don’t know dalvins, we don’t know Harrison’s, we don’t know Thielens. So I’m not sure why you think you’d know cousins. Nobody comes out and says why because it’s not the media’s nor our business.
Football doesn't need to be their #1 priority in life to get vaccinated. However, protecting their health and the health of their co-workers and loved ones should be a priority and when a team is paying a QB $31 million to play, he has a responsibility to do everything he can to make sure he's available to play.
It clearly doesn’t “protect” anyone given millions of people that are vaccinated are getting it regardless. Supposedly it makes it “less likely” but either way, it’s doesnt “protect” anything.

I’m not sure of your priority list when it comes to covid but I can tell you my coworkers do not come first. My priority was my family and having another child first and foremost. You saying football doesn’t have to be their number one priority in life but then go on to say things like the health of their coworkers and how much he’s being paid, yeah you are saying it needs to be their priority. My job was on the back burner. I don’t care what they were paying me. That wasn’t a concern. So I 1000% understand where Kirk and others were coming from.

Saying they are selfish for doing what they did, I take offense to because that’s the same thing as saying I was selfish for doing it when I was trying to have another child. I’m sorry but that’s wrong
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:55 amAgain, you can take shots at guessing why he didn’t get it but you’re going to be shooting blanks. This was his personal decision and something he didn’t speak about to anyone other than his family. Cousins has always been a pretty private person so whether it was a valid reason or not, why does he need to tell anyone at all?
Because if it's a valid reason there's no reason to hide it and he's a public figure, a supposed team leader, the QB of a football team followed by millions of fans, with a responsibility to his teammates and the Vikings organization, not just himself and his family.
It clearly doesn’t “protect” anyone given millions of people that are vaccinated are getting it regardless. Supposedly it makes it “less likely” but either way, it’s doesnt “protect” anything.

Moderator hat on: stow that misinformation. There's no room for it here. If I see it again it will be deleted.

The scientific evidence is clear: covid vaccines reduce both the risk of infection and the risk of severe infection that could require hospitalization.