Breeland Cut

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Breeland Cut

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Didn’t see this one coming even though he’s been trash this year and is lazy as dirt.

Maybe Zim finally realized Dantzler should’ve been starting all along
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Bye bye Breeland

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

The Vikings have waived CB Bashaud Breeland.
Pioneer Press wrote:The Vikings on Saturday waived cornerback Bashaud Breeland.

Breeland earlier in the day was listed as questionable for Monday’s game at Chicago, and head coach Mike Zimmer said it was for non-injury reasons.

Shortly before the Vikings announced they had waived Breeland, he tweeted, “Wow.”

Breeland has had plenty of ups and downs this season as a player. He likely will be replaced in the starting lineup against the Bears by Cameron Dantzler.
I don't know why, but this surprises me. Waiving a starter in the middle of the season is unusual, at least in my experience.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Breeland Cut

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:30 pm Didn’t see this one coming even though he’s been trash this year and is lazy as dirt.

You beat me to it by a minute!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:30 pm Didn’t see this one coming even though he’s been trash this year and is lazy as dirt.

Not sure Dantzler has been all that much better overall, but Breeland seemed to be playing a little more consistently lately.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Bye bye Breeland

Post by FullWood »

its about time
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

13 games too late
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

Apparently it was from an altercation in practice: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.c ... form%3Damp
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

40for60 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:44 pm Apparently it was from an altercation in practice: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.c ... form%3Damp
Holy heck.

It was Spielman who waived him, and from the article, it doesn’t appear as though he got Zimmer’s input on the deal.

As I’ve said before, the Vikings are already thin at corner. And if Rick did this independent of Zimmer … I have a bad feeling about this. We all know how much Zimmer loves his corners. I could see this blowing up, especially if the Vikings lose to Chicago.

Hopefully I’m wrong and it galvanizes the team. Then again, maybe it would just be best for Spielman and Zimmer to get into a knock-down drag-out brawl so that the Wilfs are forced to fire them both.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingLord wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:21 pm

Not sure Dantzler has been all that much better overall, but Breeland seemed to be playing a little more consistently lately.
Dantzlers PFF grade is a 69.1 compared to Breelands 47.2. Dantzler actually has the best pff grade of any CB on our team including Peterson. I think he’s been significantly better than Breeland. Breeland got a little better after the early struggles but went back to struggling these last two games. Some fans like to fault dantzler for the Detroit win and seem to forget about his crunch time pick. Regardless, it was Mike Zimmers play call that had his corners playing 15 yards off Detroit WRs and sent 0 pressure at Jared Goff of all people. If you look at Breeland in the other side of that play, he was just as far off as Dantzler was. Outside of that bad “play” (call) by dantzler, I honestly can’t say I remember a single time where he got flat out burned. That’s been a regular thing for Breeland.

Zimmer has been playing this stupid little game with dantzler all year and to this day I don’t understand why. He was the best corner on our roster last year and looked very promising heading into year two and Zim sat him over Breeland and even at times boyd. Yet every time dantzler has been playing, he’s been quite reliable. More reliable than Breeland that’s for sure. Breeland has given up the 2nd most yards of any CB in the Nfl this year.

Breeland is a lazy thug and that’s been showing more and more. I’m glad he’s gone because I think we’re much better off with dantzler anyways. Unless Mediocre Mike decides to play his little games with him and Kris Boyd now.

Regardless, it just makes zimmer look like even more of a buffoon sticking with a lazy thug over a 2nd year corner with a ton of promise. Again, if Breeland was playing even decent, there could be some argument there but I’d be content. The fact that Breeland was horrendous all year and he continued to stick with him just goes to show what I’ve been talking about for years with Zim. Not recognizing superior talent whether it’s in practice or games. Hardly ever adjusting his starting lineup unless it’s due to injury. Sticking with the same old bums that should be backups. Hill, Samia, Udoh, Bisi, Breeland and the list goes on. Being completely oblivious to who your GM drafted for you to fill those spots. Spielman supplies and Zimmer overlooks. He adjusts his roster just like he coaches. Risk-adverse
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:24 pm
40for60 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:44 pm Apparently it was from an altercation in practice: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.c ... form%3Damp
Holy heck.

It was Spielman who waived him, and from the article, it doesn’t appear as though he got Zimmer’s input on the deal.

As I’ve said before, the Vikings are already thin at corner. And if Rick did this independent of Zimmer … I have a bad feeling about this. We all know how much Zimmer loves his corners. I could see this blowing up, especially if the Vikings lose to Chicago.

Hopefully I’m wrong and it galvanizes the team. Then again, maybe it would just be best for Spielman and Zimmer to get into a knock-down drag-out brawl so that the Wilfs are forced to fire them both.
If Spielman did it independent of zimmer, good for Rick. He made a statement that breelands attitude, whining, laziness and diva like persona isn’t going to fly here. It also could show that Rick has clearly seen the garbage Breeland has been producing all season and his lazy attitude. No less he went after our star player in dalvin. I read an article earlier that said many have said Breeland gets heated easily. Basically when he doesn’t get his way. I’m guessing this isn’t the first run-in with Breeland and coaches and or players. But clearly Spielman thought our coach didn’t have the balls to cut him if there really was no communication between him and Zimmer.

Dantzler was spielmans draft pick and I don’t care what anyone says, dantzler 1000% deserves to play over him. He has all year. He’s simply a better corner.

You know me Kapp, I don’t want Spielman to go but I want Zim to go kick rocks. Sure this could blow up but if Zim is pis#ed then boo hoo. He shouldn’t have been on the damn field to begin with and that is zims job to pull him off which he failed to do. Just like he does with some of these other bums he’s starting
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:39 pm
VikingLord wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:21 pm

Dantzlers PFF grade is a 69.1 compared to Breelands 47.2. Dantzler actually has the best pff grade of any CB on our team including Peterson. I think he’s been significantly better than Breeland. Breeland got a little better after the early struggles but went back to struggling these last two games. Some fans like to fault dantzler for the Detroit win and seem to forget about his crunch time pick. Regardless, it was Mike Zimmers play call that had his corners playing 15 yards off Detroit WRs and sent 0 pressure at Jared Goff of all people. If you look at Breeland in the other side of that play, he was just as far off as Dantzler was. Outside of that bad “play” (call) by dantzler, I honestly can’t say I remember a single time where he got flat out burned. That’s been a regular thing for Breeland.

Zimmer has been playing this stupid little game with dantzler all year and to this day I don’t understand why. He was the best corner on our roster last year and looked very promising heading into year two and Zim sat him over Breeland and even at times boyd. Yet every time dantzler has been playing, he’s been quite reliable. More reliable than Breeland that’s for sure. Breeland has given up the 2nd most yards of any CB in the Nfl this year.

Breeland is a lazy thug and that’s been showing more and more. I’m glad he’s gone because I think we’re much better off with dantzler anyways. Unless Mediocre Mike decides to play his little games with him and Kris Boyd now.

Regardless, it just makes zimmer look like even more of a buffoon sticking with a lazy thug over a 2nd year corner with a ton of promise. Again, if Breeland was playing even decent, there could be some argument there but I’d be content. The fact that Breeland was horrendous all year and he continued to stick with him just goes to show what I’ve been talking about for years with Zim. Not recognizing superior talent whether it’s in practice or games. Hardly ever adjusting his starting lineup unless it’s due to injury. Sticking with the same old bums that should be backups. Hill, Samia, Udoh, Bisi, Breeland and the list goes on. Being completely oblivious to who your GM drafted for you to fill those spots. Spielman supplies and Zimmer overlooks. He adjusts his roster just like he coaches. Risk-adverse
Dantzler doesn't get much credit and I include myself in that. He makes plays and then looks lost. But he's a young guy who should improve. CB is a hard position. Breeland was a joke. I'm glad he's gone.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Regardless of his off field antics, his on field play deserved to be waived. Fine with it personally.

Also another FA signing that didn't work out. He was this type of player prior to being signed by Rick.
cogitator
Veteran

Post by cogitator »

Sounds like both a bad player and poor character guy -

Breeland is also the subject of a civil suit filed in Hennepin County on Oct. 6 for $15,070 by two residents of a downtown Minneapolis apartment building who alleged Breeland and "his several guests" continually violated the building's no-smoking addendum by smoking cannabis "immediately upon taking occupancy" of his unit from July 2021 through the time the suit was filed.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

He was a bad player with a rotten personality, one of the worst graded corners in football, Dantzler should have been starting over him the whole time. Very bad free agency acquisition, at least it didn't cost too much.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:46 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:24 pm
Holy heck.

If Spielman did it independent of zimmer, good for Rick. He made a statement that breelands attitude, whining, laziness and diva like persona isn’t going to fly here. It also could show that Rick has clearly seen the garbage Breeland has been producing all season and his lazy attitude. No less he went after our star player in dalvin. I read an article earlier that said many have said Breeland gets heated easily. Basically when he doesn’t get his way. I’m guessing this isn’t the first run-in with Breeland and coaches and or players. But clearly Spielman thought our coach didn’t have the balls to cut him if there really was no communication between him and Zimmer.

Dantzler was spielmans draft pick and I don’t care what anyone says, dantzler 1000% deserves to play over him. He has all year. He’s simply a better corner.

You know me Kapp, I don’t want Spielman to go but I want Zim to go kick rocks. Sure this could blow up but if Zim is pis#ed then boo hoo. He shouldn’t have been on the damn field to begin with and that is zims job to pull him off which he failed to do. Just like he does with some of these other bums he’s starting
As I think about it more, this could be a situation where the players say the same thing most fans are saying: “Good riddance, it’s about time.” I hope so.

A lot of Vikings fans want them to lose out in order to improve draft position and ensure the firing of Mike Zimmer. I don’t share that sentiment. I never want the Vikings to lose. I’d rather see the Vikings make the playoffs and then fire Zimmer. Call me crazy, but I like watching my team play. If the Breeland situation actually helps the team, then great. But if it means the Vikings become Jacksonville 2.0 as far as free agents are concerned, then I see it as a bad thing.

Here’s hoping Cameron Dantzler stops playing scared.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.