Wilfs take early steps in what become new coach gm searches

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Wilfs take early steps in what become new coach gm searches

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Great video. Recommend watching.

https://youtu.be/23kAFiNWtEo
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:46 pm Great video. Recommend watching.

Zim should be gone. But I think it needs to start with Rick. It's not even fun with the draft anymore. Last year beyond the fact that he had the Pats and Jets by the balls and walked away with some BS picks based on some BS value chart that was made up a long time ago and has no meaning at all. The Jets where desperate for our pick. The Pats where desperate for our pick and we could have told them give us the farm or Jones is ours. I'm sure the Pats got a wiff of trader down talking with the Jets and said we are good Rick's talking to the Jets. That's having zero clue how to run a draft.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

CharVike wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:06 am

Zim should be gone. But I think it needs to start with Rick. It's not even fun with the draft anymore. Last year beyond the fact that he had the Pats and Jets by the balls and walked away with some BS picks based on some BS value chart that was made up a long time ago and has no meaning at all. The Jets where desperate for our pick. The Pats where desperate for our pick and we could have told them give us the farm or Jones is ours. I'm sure the Pats got a wiff of trader down talking with the Jets and said we are good Rick's talking to the Jets. That's having zero clue how to run a draft.
Agree. I blame both of them.
mael·strom

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

I hadn't heard that about the Pats. Who would they have been competing for Mac Jones with that they would have needed to trade up one spot? NO maybe?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:10 am
I hadn't heard that about the Pats. Who would they have been competing for Mac Jones with that they would have needed to trade up one spot? NO maybe?
It wasn't written anywhere it was my take. The whole point I was trying to make is this point system or whatever they call it means nothing when a team wants a player. Look no further than one of our guys Lynn who basically gave Dallas more than enough ammo to build a SB team with one trade. Bill B was desperate. He's a smart football guy but desperation leads to mistakes. He needed a QB to have any chance at the Super Bowl or even playoffs. Of course the chance of a rookie playing at a high enough level is about as close to impossible as it gets. But no risk it no biscuit. He should have told Bill just to get the ball rolling I want your 1st three picks and then you get the QB. Future picks will be determined based on his play. Plus I want the pick of 2 backup players you have because our roster has nothing in the hole. The point is movement to the point had nothing to do with it. The player was worth far more than that point of the draft and the player is at the most important position on the field. That throws value of pick out the window. This was't a T or G or WR but a QB. They are extremely hard to find. This wasn't a developmental guy either who was started from square one as we have now. Bill was F'ed if Newton was still there and the fans would have started to turn. Nobody will lay down money or waste their time to watch that. If Bill said no make the pick. Now since there is zero in the draft you have him or Cousins to deal. He would have shown enough in pre season unlike the guy we have who showed he shouldn't be on the active roster. This is just general chat and only my thought. If Rick is here the upcoming draft will be another trade down for a 6th or 7th round pick which is a waste of time. Just bring in a FA rookie same difference. You make deals to make a move to improve.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

CharVike wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:23 am
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:10 am

It wasn't written anywhere it was my take. The whole point I was trying to make is this point system or whatever they call it means nothing when a team wants a player. Look no further than one of our guys Lynn who basically gave Dallas more than enough ammo to build a SB team with one trade. Bill B was desperate. He's a smart football guy but desperation leads to mistakes. He needed a QB to have any chance at the Super Bowl or even playoffs. Of course the chance of a rookie playing at a high enough level is about as close to impossible as it gets. But no risk it no biscuit. He should have told Bill just to get the ball rolling I want your 1st three picks and then you get the QB. Future picks will be determined based on his play. Plus I want the pick of 2 backup players you have because our roster has nothing in the hole. The point is movement to the point had nothing to do with it. The player was worth far more than that point of the draft and the player is at the most important position on the field. That throws value of pick out the window. This was't a T or G or WR but a QB. They are extremely hard to find. This wasn't a developmental guy either who was started from square one as we have now. Bill was F'ed if Newton was still there and the fans would have started to turn. Nobody will lay down money or waste their time to watch that. If Bill said no make the pick. Now since there is zero in the draft you have him or Cousins to deal. He would have shown enough in pre season unlike the guy we have who showed he shouldn't be on the active roster. This is just general chat and only my thought. If Rick is here the upcoming draft will be another trade down for a 6th or 7th round pick which is a waste of time. Just bring in a FA rookie same difference. You make deals to make a move to improve.
You cannot be serious.

Bill Belichick desperate? That's rich.

First of all, any desperation Belichick might have had was over when he signed seven quality starters in free agency ... long before he drafted Mac Jones.

And yes, you have said all along that you wanted Mac Jones. Kudos to you. But the Vikings didn't want him. Why would they? I said it over and over during the draft, you don't draft a QB in the first round when you just extended your so-called franchise quarterback. Look at how it backfired in Green Bay.

You wanted Mac Jones because you DIDN'T want Kirk Cousins. That's a fan's point of view on Cousins, and many fans share that view. But Rick Spielman didn't. Cousins was his guy. Again, look at Green Bay. Selecting Jordan Love was a waste of draft capital. He's played one game in two years, and it was a train wreck. Spielman saw his situation with Cousins as the same as the Packers' with Rodgers. He was not going to waste valuable first-round draft capital on a guy who was never going to play. Mac Jones with the Vikings would have been the same as Jordan Love with the Packers. You may hate that idea, but it's the truth.

But hey, let's say the Vikings drafted Jones, and Cousins went down with an injury. Do you honestly believe Mac Jones would be lighting it up with the VIKINGS' coaching staff? Come on, man. New England just won a game where Mac Jones attempted THREE passes, a week following a game where Jones threw for 310. That tells me their coaches know what they're doing. Meanwhile, our coaches can't figure out that throwing the ball to Justin Jefferson is a good thing. Truth is, there is every chance that Mac Jones would have been a bust with this team.

You need to let it go, man. Jones is not a Viking. He never will be.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleTeam
Waterboy

Post by PurpleTeam »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:44 am
You cannot be serious.

First of all, any desperation Belichick might have had was over when he signed seven quality starters in free agency ... long before he drafted Mac Jones.

And yes, you have said all along that you wanted Mac Jones. Kudos to you. But the Vikings didn't want him. Why would they? I said it over and over during the draft, you don't draft a QB in the first round when you just extended your so-called franchise quarterback. Look at how it backfired in Green Bay.

You wanted Mac Jones because you DIDN'T want Kirk Cousins. That's a fan's point of view on Cousins, and many fans share that view. But Rick Spielman didn't. Cousins was his guy. Again, look at Green Bay. Selecting Jordan Love was a waste of draft capital. He's played one game in two years, and it was a train wreck. Spielman saw his situation with Cousins as the same as the Packers' with Rodgers. He was not going to waste valuable first-round draft capital on a guy who was never going to play. Mac Jones with the Vikings would have been the same as Jordan Love with the Packers. You may hate that idea, but it's the truth.

But hey, let's say the Vikings drafted Jones, and Cousins went down with an injury. Do you honestly believe Mac Jones would be lighting it up with the VIKINGS' coaching staff? Come on, man. New England just won a game where Mac Jones attempted THREE passes, a week following a game where Jones threw for 310. That tells me their coaches know what they're doing. Meanwhile, our coaches can't figure out that throwing the ball to Justin Jefferson is a good thing. Truth is, there is every chance that Mac Jones would have been a bust with this team.

You can tell the future huh? Jones could be a Viking if he goes in free agency or Vikings trade for Jones
TheCoolerOne
Transition Player

Post by TheCoolerOne »

PurpleTeam wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:44 pm
You cannot be serious.

You can tell the future huh? Jones could be a Viking if he goes in free agency or Vikings trade for Jones

Hey Purpleteam, welcome to the board. You are gonna love RandyMoss84. Have a feeling you two can have some scintillating back and forth.

Look forward to it.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

You cannot be serious.

Y’know, you ought to read a post or two before you make enemies.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:56 am

You were completely wrong to post that the way you just did Kapp. You should know better than that!!
You should have said " You should have YOUR MOM read you a few posts before you make enemies "
Just helping you out brother.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

You cannot be serious.

You wanted Mac Jones because you DIDN'T want Kirk Cousins...... That's dead wrong. I have witnessed the QB stew pot we have all lived since Fran retired. That was generations ago. Cousins is our best since Fran. You don't pass on QBs when they fall to you. This wasn't a stiff prospect. That's my big point. We did that with Rodgers and we are still paying the price. If Lawrence fell to us he would have been my pick also. There isn't a QB who ever played the game that could thrive on our team. I know that. The NFL needs QBs badly. Look around. I'm not talking some never will be that Speilman threw a draft pick away on this year. If your lucky the guy might be able to play in 3-5 years. I've seen that act many times. Bill B was desperate. He was desperate last year and signed that me guy Cam I'm back Newton because he had nothing to put under center. You can't challenge like that. The Packers traded up for there guy with a future HOFer still playing lights out. They were breaking Rodgers balls. That's a totally different story than what we faced.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I'm happy they didn't draft Fields though.
mael·strom

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:16 am I'm happy they didn't draft Fields though.
I am also. But he did have some decent games along with pitiful games. That's a rookie QB. They're fortunate that he was able to be a backup and get some time. But they can have him.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:01 am
You cannot be serious.

You wanted Mac Jones because you DIDN'T want Kirk Cousins...... That's dead wrong..
Dude, you literally posted you wanted to trade 3 1sts AND Kirk for the chance to draft Jones.

YOU didn't want Kirk.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:56 am

Someone who sounds very much like him was recently banned. I'll have to cross-reference their IP addresses and make sure it's not he same person.