Wilfs take early steps in what become new coach gm searches

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Wilfs take early steps in what become new coach gm searches

Post by RandyMoss84 »

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/wilf ... grA90TWm6I

I am not convinced but I will believe it when I see it
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Wilfs take early steps in what become new coach gm searches

Post by CharVike »

If they miss the playoffs trader down Rick might get the boot and then the rest will follow. On the other hand if the stadium stays over capacity it might be hard for the Wilf's to give him the boot. You really need to see how this season plays out. I think the Wilf's want to win. They are into the game and they allow the team to spend. They also may like Rick which plays into their decisions. If we didn't draw fans Rick would be gone in a heart beat. Rick's act is getting old for me. This trading down during the draft is BS. Focusing on one position only in round 1 is also BS. If Trevor Lawrence fell to us this year he would have passed. The pick was going to be LT and nothing else. And last year that CB pick should have made the Wilf's say WTF. I like Adam Peters the assistant GM for the 49ers. I like that 49er squad. Yes their record sucks but they played a tough schedule so far and lost their QB for a game +. Plus the year isn't over. This year the draft was deep in QBs with high level talent and they moved up even though they have a starter in place. That's showing vision. This year the QB class sucks compared with last year. That's looking beyond your nose. Even Jimmy G who some feels blows lead that team to a Super Bowl and that's not easy. They can deal him or even the guy they drafted and make a killing. QBs are worth a fortune. Getting Peters will never happen. It will be a Giant or Jet guy. Just keep Speilman and let the trade down for nothing happen again.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

CharVike wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:32 pm If they miss the playoffs trader down Rick might get the boot and then the rest will follow. On the other hand if the stadium stays over capacity it might be hard for the Wilf's to give him the boot. You really need to see how this season plays out. I think the Wilf's want to win. They are into the game and they allow the team to spend. They also may like Rick which plays into their decisions. If we didn't draw fans Rick would be gone in a heart beat. Rick's act is getting old for me. This trading down during the draft is BS. Focusing on one position only in round 1 is also BS. If Trevor Lawrence fell to us this year he would have passed. The pick was going to be LT and nothing else. And last year that CB pick should have made the Wilf's say WTF. I like Adam Peters the assistant GM for the 49ers. I like that 49er squad. Yes their record sucks but they played a tough schedule so far and lost their QB for a game +. Plus the year isn't over. This year the draft was deep in QBs with high level talent and they moved up even though they have a starter in place. That's showing vision. This year the QB class sucks compared with last year. That's looking beyond your nose. Even Jimmy G who some feels blows lead that team to a Super Bowl and that's not easy. They can deal him or even the guy they drafted and make a killing. QBs are worth a fortune. Getting Peters will never happen. It will be a Giant or Jet guy. Just keep Speilman and let the trade down for nothing happen again.
Rick Spielman has nothing to do with the stadium being full. The Vikings have one of the most loyal fan bases in the NFL. Doesn’t matter who the GM is, or even who the coach is. Vikings fans are gonna show up. We love our team.

The Wilfs won’t fire Spielman because he’s got the wool pulled over their eyes. Year after year, he gets them to believe the Vikings are THIS close. Someone else they trust needs to set them straight, or we’re going to be stuck with Rick for a long time.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Well I bet it gets put into fast forward now.
Losing to the winless Lions is embarrassing.
They will not react hastily as the are successful businessmen, but the sooner you eliminate Zimmer, the more the Vikings become a prime position for the future coaches to be interested in.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:32 am
CharVike wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:32 pm If they miss the playoffs trader down Rick might get the boot and then the rest will follow. On the other hand if the stadium stays over capacity it might be hard for the Wilf's to give him the boot. You really need to see how this season plays out. I think the Wilf's want to win. They are into the game and they allow the team to spend. They also may like Rick which plays into their decisions. If we didn't draw fans Rick would be gone in a heart beat. Rick's act is getting old for me. This trading down during the draft is BS. Focusing on one position only in round 1 is also BS. If Trevor Lawrence fell to us this year he would have passed. The pick was going to be LT and nothing else. And last year that CB pick should have made the Wilf's say WTF. I like Adam Peters the assistant GM for the 49ers. I like that 49er squad. Yes their record sucks but they played a tough schedule so far and lost their QB for a game +. Plus the year isn't over. This year the draft was deep in QBs with high level talent and they moved up even though they have a starter in place. That's showing vision. This year the QB class sucks compared with last year. That's looking beyond your nose. Even Jimmy G who some feels blows lead that team to a Super Bowl and that's not easy. They can deal him or even the guy they drafted and make a killing. QBs are worth a fortune. Getting Peters will never happen. It will be a Giant or Jet guy. Just keep Speilman and let the trade down for nothing happen again.
Rick Spielman has nothing to do with the stadium being full. The Vikings have one of the most loyal fan bases in the NFL. Doesn’t matter who the GM is, or even who the coach is. Vikings fans are gonna show up. We love our team.

The Wilfs won’t fire Spielman because he’s got the wool pulled over their eyes. Year after year, he gets them to believe the Vikings are THIS close. Someone else they trust needs to set them straight, or we’re going to be stuck with Rick for a long time.
My gut tells me they are going to clean house. I have family that knows the Wilfs, so I'll inquire. I do know that they are tired of Cousins and his stance on the vaccine.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Cousins isn't going anywhere.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:10 pm

My gut tells me they are going to clean house. I have family that knows the Wilfs, so I'll inquire. I do know that they are tired of Cousins and his stance on the vaccine.
If they are tired of Cousins he would gone by now. No different than McCombs dumping Moss when he was tired of him. Eating his contract don't mean anything. It's not coming from their pocket. It's part of the revenue that must be spent. Promote one of the 3 stiffs on the roster/practice squad and let him take the snaps. Carry one less player if needed. We have guys now that never step on the field.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

CharVike wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:50 pm

If they are tired of Cousins he would gone by now. No different than McCombs dumping Moss when he was tired of him. Eating his contract don't mean anything. It's not coming from their pocket. It's part of the revenue that must be spent. Promote one of the 3 stiffs on the roster/practice squad and let him take the snaps. Carry one less player if needed. We have guys now that never step on the field.
Do you think they are capricious or whimsical? They are tired of him and will look to move on from him when that move makes business sense. Their level of frustration isn't such that they would just dump him now.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I am not convinced that your family knows the Wilfs, if the Wilfs are tired of Cousins and his stance on the vaccine then why did you not say anything about Wilfs being tired of Harrison and Theilen not getting the vaccine just like Cousins?
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:58 pm

I am not convinced that your family knows the Wilfs, if the Wilfs are tired of Cousins and his stance on the vaccine then why did you not say anything about Wilfs being tired of Harrison and Theilen not getting the vaccine just like Cousins?
Isn't Cook unvaccinated as well?
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:19 pm

Isn't Cook unvaccinated as well?
I just checked, you are right, I never knew that Cook is unvaccinated also
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Time out, for the well-being of this community / board. This is reprehensible. I've been posting on this board for about a decade. There used to be a sense of brotherhood here and the level of discourse was high compared to other boards. This kind of rude disrespect is what has caused a deterioration of the fraternal spirit that used to exist here. Whether RandyMoss84 believes me or not ultimately matters nothing to me, but it certainly serves as a reminder that I'm wasting my time here.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Texas Vike wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:41 am

Time out, for the well-being of this community / board. This is reprehensible. I've been posting on this board for about a decade. There used to be a sense of brotherhood here and the level of discourse was high compared to other boards. This kind of rude disrespect is what has caused a deterioration of the fraternal spirit that used to exist here. Whether RandyMoss84 believes me or not ultimately matters nothing to me, but it certainly serves as a reminder that I'm wasting my time here.
Then you can leave, we will not miss you here
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:00 am
Texas Vike wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:41 am

Then you can leave, we will not miss you here
Yes, we would.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

A change is needed at the top to generate some hope and excitement from this fanbase and hopefully the Wilfs see that and move on from a guy who has failed for 10 years to put a team on the field capable of winning the SB.