Packers-Vikings post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 342

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by CharVike » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:36 am

Zim is cut from the Parcells cloth. Play D first, run the ball and don't turn it over. That will work when you have a D like he had with LT basically making any QB look like crap. Zim was pissed because his D was destroyed. Cousins was checkdown like crazy and that goes back to Zim. He wanted long time consuming drives. No sense in looking downfield. Over the previous 2 seasons Cousins averaged over 8 yards an attempt. That's not a dump off guy. He's a one dimensional coach. Most coaches are the same. They know one way of doing things. Bill Walsh used the same O over his career. If we won 6-3 he would have been happy as hell.
0 x

Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:03 pm
x 41

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by Dmizzle0 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:10 am

Did you see the blocking when Cousins threw the costly turnover? It looked like he had alot more time to let the play develop more.
0 x

CharVike
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 342

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by CharVike » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:18 am

Dmizzle0 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:10 am
Did you see the blocking when Cousins threw the costly turnover? It looked like he had alot more time to let the play develop more.
What turnover was that? He had zero interceptions. Yes he did fumble do you think he had all day on that one also. Darrisaw was blown up he let the guy run right through him. Didn't even slow him up. He was beaten like a drum. You don't see an OL guy get beat like that too often.
0 x

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8493
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 863

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:34 am

Another big win against a good team and another week of silence from the haters. It's a beautiful thing!
0 x
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri

CharVike
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 342

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by CharVike » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:42 am

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:34 am
Another big win against a good team and another week of silence from the haters. It's a beautiful thing!
That won't happen. The only silence will be from the ones posting about how great Zim's pass D is. You won't even see Zim at a press conference with a stat sheet this week. It's great to beat Rodgers everyone knows that. But you also have to look at things that need to be tighten if you want to make a run. There's nothing wrong with that.
0 x

Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:03 pm
x 41

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by Dmizzle0 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:09 am

double post
Last edited by Dmizzle0 on Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:03 pm
x 41

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by Dmizzle0 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:09 am

Dmizzle0 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:09 am
CharVike wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:18 am

What turnover was that? He had zero interceptions. Yes he did fumble do you think he had all day on that one also. Darrisaw was blown up he let the guy run right through him. Didn't even slow him up. He was beaten like a drum. You don't see an OL guy get beat like that too often.
Shoot I meant to say almost threw but I guess I omitted it when I was editing
0 x

Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:03 pm
x 41

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by Dmizzle0 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:12 am

Dmizzle0 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:09 am
Dmizzle0 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:09 am


Shoot I meant to say almost threw but I guess I omitted it when I was editing
i was talking about the last drive
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1773
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 534

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by RandyMoss84 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:37 am

Even with the win, I still want Zimmer fired
2 x

CharVike
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 342

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by CharVike » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:37 am

Dmizzle0 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:12 am
Dmizzle0 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:09 am
i was talking about the last drive
I know what you meant. The guy for Dallas dropped the interception. That contributed to the loss. Bottom line if you want to win you need to make that play.
0 x

Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:03 pm
x 41

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by Dmizzle0 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:39 am

CharVike wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:37 am
Dmizzle0 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:12 am

i was talking about the last drive
I know what you meant. The guy for Dallas dropped the interception. That contributed to the loss. Bottom line if you want to win you need to make that play.
Yea I wanted to point out that the blocking was good on that play.
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1773
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 534

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by RandyMoss84 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:24 am

There are rumors that Nagy is getting fired tomorrow after the game, too bad Vikings can not do the same with Zimmer
0 x

CharVike
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 342

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by CharVike » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:32 am

RandyMoss84 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:37 am
Even with the win, I still want Zimmer fired
The win and yes it's great to beat Rodgers only puts us at 500 which is pathetic. It's the worst spot to be in. Like many posted the year we started 1-5 we would be better off losing the rest and that was true. There is zero benefit with a 500 record. Lose them all and you get the pick of the best QB. The suck for Luck deal. Once you have that HOFer, like Rodgers, you can compete at a very high level and the rest of the team means nothing. Just make sure you can pass block well. That makes the ride much easier. The rules are setup to make passing easier. But you still need a guy who can throw it and that's not easy. The thrower will also need time to get back and do his thing which means you better pass block well. But if Zim gets fired it's no great loss. We have zero chance to win the division unless Rodgers gets hurt. He flushed that down the toilet long before this game. He don't attack teams with his offensive strength. He uses the offense to protect his defense. That's stupid football. But if he has another year on his contract he ain't gone anywhere. Unless of course the stadium is empty. Most feel the stadium will be sold out + regardless of the product put on the field. People like being at the stadium. I guess it's a tourist attraction. No more no less. That will help save Zim also.
0 x

User avatar
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:21 am
Location: Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
x 179

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by Rhodes Closed » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:57 am

CharVike wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:32 am
RandyMoss84 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:37 am
Even with the win, I still want Zimmer fired
The win and yes it's great to beat Rodgers only puts us at 500 which is pathetic. It's the worst spot to be in. Like many posted the year we started 1-5 we would be better off losing the rest and that was true. There is zero benefit with a 500 record. Lose them all and you get the pick of the best QB. The suck for Luck deal. Once you have that HOFer, like Rodgers, you can compete at a very high level and the rest of the team means nothing. Just make sure you can pass block well. That makes the ride much easier. The rules are setup to make passing easier. But you still need a guy who can throw it and that's not easy. The thrower will also need time to get back and do his thing which means you better pass block well. But if Zim gets fired it's no great loss. We have zero chance to win the division unless Rodgers gets hurt. He flushed that down the toilet long before this game. He don't attack teams with his offensive strength. He uses the offense to protect his defense. That's stupid football. But if he has another year on his contract he ain't gone anywhere. Unless of course the stadium is empty. Most feel the stadium will be sold out + regardless of the product put on the field. People like being at the stadium. I guess it's a tourist attraction. No more no less. That will help save Zim also.
Bull. We have a pretty clear chance to win the division easily. Keep winning and let the Packers die themselves.
1 x

User avatar
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8849
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
x 1301

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:28 am

New stat.

All of us on this board have been saying the same thing. Get the ball into the hands of your best playmakers, and you have a great chance to win. In the case of the Vikings, those guys are easily identifiable. They are Dalvin Cook, Justin Jefferson, and Adam Thielen.

On Sunday against the Packers, those three guys were featured (either by handoffs on running plays or targets in the passing game) on 74% of the Vikings’ plays. That’s easily the highest rate of the season. We beat the No. 1 seed in the NFC.

The other three games in which those players were featured the most:
— Chargers (win)
— Panthers (win)
— Cardinals (would have been a win if not for a blown chip-shot FG)

In those four contests, we averaged 32 ppg. The highest-scoring team in the league, Tampa Bay, averages 30.9.

The three games where we featured our best players the least:
— Cleveland (embarrassing loss)
— Dallas (embarrassing loss)
— Baltimore (loss where we started by featuring those three and building a lead, only to squander it)

In those three games, we averaged 16 ppg … exactly half what we average when we feature Cook, JJ and AT.

This isn’t hard.
0 x
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.