Packers-Vikings post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:26 am
RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:52 am

Haha, nice and I know what he means! I used to wear my Randy Moss jersey to school everytime Vikings win
Well..... I'm 57 yrs old... and I was ECSTATIC swiping myself in the door at work today with my card attached to my Viking lanyard, wearing one of my Viking hats ( and I rarely wear a hat but today I did), my Vikings windbreaker, belt buckle, carrying my Viking coffee mug and my soft case with Viking emblems sewn on.
Still that Viking kid at heart!!
P.S. HAPPY THANKSGIVING #### Erin #12 and the Pukers!!!
I call her Sharon since it is close to Aaron :lol:
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

I call him Aaron because both men and women can be weak.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Here's something a little interesting to consider.

Vikings players like Alexander Mattison and others have been openly praising Greg Joseph all season and just having fun with him, something that rarely happened since Longwell. I don't remember Dan Bailey or Blair Walsh being outwardly praised too much.

So it might just be a big deal that the Vikings have their kicker of the future since it appears the team as a whole has confidence in them to bounce back.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:58 pm Here's something a little interesting to consider.

Vikings players like Alexander Mattison and others have been openly praising Greg Joseph all season and just having fun with him, something that rarely happened since Longwell. I don't remember Dan Bailey or Blair Walsh being outwardly praised too much.

So it might just be a big deal that the Vikings have their kicker of the future since it appears the team as a whole has confidence in them to bounce back.
If Joseph keeps missing extra points then they will not have a kicker of the future, remember Forbath who keeps missing extra points and he got released?
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:06 pm
Rhodes Closed wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:58 pm Here's something a little interesting to consider.

If Joseph keeps missing extra points then they will not have a kicker of the future, remember Forbath who keeps missing extra points and he got released?
No time for positivity, eh? Just focus on the negatives all the time.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Even Zimmer gave Joseph a game ball yesterday.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:39 am
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:26 am

Well..... I'm 57 yrs old... and I was ECSTATIC swiping myself in the door at work today with my card attached to my Viking lanyard, wearing one of my Viking hats ( and I rarely wear a hat but today I did), my Vikings windbreaker, belt buckle, carrying my Viking coffee mug and my soft case with Viking emblems sewn on.
Still that Viking kid at heart!!
P.S. HAPPY THANKSGIVING #### Erin #12 and the Pukers!!!
I call her Sharon since it is close to Aaron :lol:
Lol!! I have a few other names besides Erin that I frequently call him... but u wouldn't be able to read them cuz they would all be symbols. Example.. c%#&>÷@*er.
U get the idea.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

OK, lotta positives out of the win over the Packers.

Here’s a nitpick.
Sundays are not fun. You know, they say, Sunday is fun day? It is not. It is not at all.

— Mike Zimmer
Hear me out. I have been openly critical of Mike Zimmer. I think he’s been out of touch. Until the last two games, I believe he was a large part of the reason the offense underachieved for so long.

But this is not based on an overarching criticism of the man. This is very specific. Here’s my letter to Zimmer.

Dear Coach Zimmer,

Congratulations on your victory yesterday. We Vikings fans are ecstatic. You stayed aggressive and even creative on offense. You let your offense go out and win the game. You deserve to be commended.

But coach, your body language and comments after the game make me worry.

You should understand by now, this is who the Vikings are. They play close games. They just do. They have led by at least 7 points in every game this year. They’re good enough to compete, but not to blow teams out. Again, it’s who they are.

So instead of complaining about it, why not lean into it? Embrace it. Use it to defy the naysayers and the rest of the league. Use it to build your guys up, not tear them down. Tell the media that your team is seasoned. They know how to play close games. They know how to win close games. Tell the rest of the league, “Bring it on! We’re ready for a scrum. Are you?”

Try building up your guys in press conferences instead of tearing them down. Turn the conversation toward what your team did right instead of every little thing they did wrong. Do that, and they’ll run through fire for you.

Best of luck the rest of the way,

J. Kapp 11
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

I have to admit, I did have a little more spring in my steps today. Just goes to show how sad we Vikings fan base are. Just that little nugget is good enough for emotional high. Most fan base would settle for no less that finally getting a Superbowl win, but we Vikings fan have learn to settle for less 60 years going.
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:16 pm OK, lotta positives out of the win over the Packers.

Here’s a nitpick.
Sundays are not fun. You know, they say, Sunday is fun day? It is not. It is not at all.

— Mike Zimmer
Hear me out. I have been openly critical of Mike Zimmer. I think he’s been out of touch. Until the last two games, I believe he was a large part of the reason the offense underachieved for so long.

But this is not based on an overarching criticism of the man. This is very specific. Here’s my letter to Zimmer.

Dear Coach Zimmer,

Congratulations on your victory yesterday. We Vikings fans are ecstatic. You stayed aggressive and even creative on offense. You let your offense go out and win the game. You deserve to be commended.

You should understand by now, this is who the Vikings are. They play close games. They just do. They have led by at least 7 points in every game this year. They’re good enough to compete, but not to blow teams out. Again, it’s who they are.

So instead of complaining about it, why not lean into it? Embrace it. Use it to defy the naysayers and the rest of the league. Use it to build your guys up, not tear them down. Tell the media that your team is seasoned. They know how to play close games. They know how to win close games. Tell the rest of the league, “Bring it on! We’re ready for a scrum. Are you?”

Try building up your guys in press conferences instead of tearing them down. Turn the conversation toward what your team did right instead of every little thing they did wrong. Do that, and they’ll run through fire for you.

J. Kapp 11
During his press conference, he said this of Kirk Cousins:

https://twitter.com/christomasson/statu ... 3739199495

Dunno about you, but that sounds like a guy who is shifting in attitude.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:16 pm OK, lotta positives out of the win over the Packers.

Here’s a nitpick.

— Mike Zimmer

Dear Coach Zimmer,

J. Kapp 11
Even more than that... Zimmer coaches to make the game close regardless of if we're winning or not. Hopefully he's realizing that our defense isn't good enough to win most close games but it is good enough to make up for whatever mistakes our offense makes as long as the offense is in super aggressive mode.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:06 pm

We never should have released Forbath. He missed a few XPs, but was amazing with FG% and clutch makes. If we had just kept him we never would have gone through all this kicker crap.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

I just wish we hadn't wasted draft capital on multiple kickers who we cut either after a few games, or before they played a regular season game. Poor asset management.

Glad they like Joseph. Second time this season kicker has been carried off. Yay I guess? I also cringe..that's our highlight? Haha
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:45 pm During his press conference, he said this of Kirk Cousins:

Very refreshing. Hope not just media speak.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:45 pm

Here’s a nitpick.

Dear Coach Zimmer,

J. Kapp 11
During his press conference, he said this of Kirk Cousins:

I guess. Not terribly complimentary, but it’s a step in the right direction regarding Cousins.

The point I’m making is that he shouldn’t go to the podium looking like a defeated man, especially when he just won a game. Instead of complaining how hard the close games are on him, talk with enthusiasm about them. Talk about how playing in all those close games is teaching the team how to win them. Talk about Dalvin Cook, who instead of scoring a touchdown, had the presence of mind to allow himself to be tackled in bounds, ensuring that Rodgers wouldn’t get the ball back.

I’m not looking for a slightly positive comment once in awhile that’s a thinly veiled compliment to himself. I’m talking about a change in attitude. One that sends a big f-you to all the naysayers. One that talks up his team after a win, while still allowing for the fact that they always need to improve.

In other words, USE press conferences to your advantage as a way to motivate your team and energize your fan base, rather than treating them as a useless waste of time.

Or maybe that’s just way too sophisticated for Mike Zimmer.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.