Packers-Vikings post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Packers-Vikings post game

Post by Rhodes Closed »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:02 pm
Rhodes Closed wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:53 pm

No kidding. Mike Zimmer rn is 7-7-1 against The Packers. That's the best record of any other coach in the NFC North by a wide margin tbh.
And … Kirk Cousins is 4-3-1 against the Packers, with 282 passing yards per game, 18 TDs and 5 picks.
#KirkBetterThanRodgers
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Aaron was 23/33 for 385 yards 4 TDs and O Ints. Their top rusher ran for 4.8 yards per carry. Pretty sure Zimmer wasn't the reason we won today.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:14 pm Aaron was 23/33 for 385 yards 4 TDs and O Ints. Their top rusher ran for 4.8 yards per carry. Pretty sure Zimmer wasn't the reason we won today.
Defense helped get us the lead in the first half.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:14 pm Aaron was 23/33 for 385 yards 4 TDs and O Ints. Their top rusher ran for 4.8 yards per carry. Pretty sure Zimmer wasn't the reason we won today.
Including 2 TDs where the receiver was completely undefended. The 2nd TD to Adams and the 75 yarder to Scantling. Is it Zimmer's fault or the fault of the DB.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:18 pm
Including 2 TDs where the receiver was completely undefended. The 2nd TD to Adams and the 75 yarder to Scantling. Is it Zimmer's fault or the fault of the DB.
Considering Zimmer hand picked all these defensive players and coaches them it's partly his fault. Alexander should also never have been matched up on Adams one on one. No corner on this team should for that matter. Zimmer's blitzes were routinely picked up today and they'd just hit a slant nonchalant in the vacated area.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

S197 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:09 pm Cousins threw 3 picks today and got bailed out on each one. His stats will look great but that's why stats can be misleading.
I can't plop a big enough EYEROLL here for this comment. So Cousins has 340 yds and 3 td's against a D playing about the best in the league and we chide him for plays that not only didn't officially happen, but plays you imagined would or should have been interceptions?

Penalties count in this game. They nullify good plays by one side or the other ALL THE TIME IN EVERY GAME.

Drops count in this game. They nullify good plays by one side or the other ALL THE TIME IN EVERY GAME.

Didn't WE drop a "sure" interception today?

Heck we won the coin toss too, why don't you throw that into the "pile of luck".

Cousins played a helluva game all in all. He beat the Packers with a game-winning drive. So when he does that he's had a lucky game, but if he doesn't do it he sucks?

Maybe I'm reading your post all wrong but this stuff always irks me. It was like the old common analysis of Barry Sanders and his "144 yards rushing - yeah but if you eliminate that lucky 99-yard run he only had 45 yards rushing today!". Sheesh.

I'm no Cousins fan but I can fully admit, appreciate and admire a great performance. And he had one today.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:46 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:44 pm

Why? That would mean Zimmer stays
If we end up making a deep run in the playoffs, I'm not gonna complain about Zimmer being here, and he's probably gone after the season anyways.

If we end up winning the Super Bowl though, I'll be happy. We have the talent for it, and I will not hear that we don't.
No, Zimmer is not probably gone after the season, Wilfs have no balls to fire him
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Enjoy the win today! :thumbsup: :rock: :v):
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

psjordan wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:29 pm
S197 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:09 pm Cousins threw 3 picks today and got bailed out on each one. His stats will look great but that's why stats can be misleading.
I can't plop a big enough EYEROLL here for this comment. So Cousins has 340 yds and 3 td's against a D playing about the best in the league and we chide him for plays that not only didn't officially happen, but plays you imagined would or should have been interceptions?

Penalties count in this game. They nullify good plays by one side or the other ALL THE TIME IN EVERY GAME.

Drops count in this game. They nullify good plays by one side or the other ALL THE TIME IN EVERY GAME.

Heck we won the coin toss too, why don't you throw that into the "pile of luck".

Cousins played a helluva game all in all. He beat the Packers with a game-winning drive. So when he does that he's had a lucky game, but if he doesn't do it he sucks?

Maybe I'm reading your post all wrong but this stuff always irks me. It was like the old common analysis of Barry Sanders and his "144 yards rushing - yeah but if you eliminate that lucky 99-yard run he only had 45 yards rushing today!". Sheesh.

I'm no Cousins fan but I can fully admit, appreciate and admire a great performance. And he had one today.
This was in response to who gets the game ball. Cousins played fine but you have to admit it very easily could have gone the other way. I think Jefferson was the game changer today and deserves the game ball.
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

S197 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:18 pm
psjordan wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:29 pm

This was in response to who gets the game ball. Cousins played fine but you have to admit it very easily could have gone the other way. I think Jefferson was the game changer today and deserves the game ball.
Well then [Rosanne Rosanadana voice] "Never mind!" [/Rosanne Rosanadana voice]

And yes it could have gone another way, but maybe it also would have gone another way had (was it Breeland?) caught the interception and given our offense another possession. I just think it all balances out and is a disservice to call today's QB results lucky.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Yup Breeland. I had actually forgotten about that one.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:10 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:57 pm
I'm not totally serious about the b..ch thing, but Rodgers mystique has no sway with Zimmer or the Vikings.
I was agreeing with you lol.

Mike Zimmer out of any other head coach in NFL history has had Aaron Rodgers' number.

Since 2014, Aaron Rodgers has, in 13 games:

Thrown Interceptions: 4 Times (31% of his games he's thrown an interception)

Fumbled: 15 Times (115%)

Been Sacked: 35 Times (269%)

Like it or not, Mike Zimmer knows how to get at Aaron Rodgers.
Mike Zimmer does get after Rodgers. The key is getting pressure on him. All QBs struggle under pressure. Rodgers has respect for Zim also.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Boon wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:57 pm https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikin ... urce=share get em pa! Lol
That was awesome! PA wasted them.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:54 pm
Boon wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:57 pm https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikin ... urce=share get em pa! Lol
That was awesome! PA wasted them.
That was amazing! Hadn’t seen that.
i'm ready for a beer.