Cook assault

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Cook assault

Post by psjordan »

4mnvikes1982
Practice Squad

Re: Cook assault

Post by 4mnvikes1982 »

psjordan wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:34 pm More distractions/issues:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/325 ... 0-incident
Damn what else can go wrong
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

If Cook did what she is saying, then he deserves whatever he gets. However.....

There is a screenshot from the accuser that allegedly shows Dalvin apologizing for what he did. It looks a bit fishy though and the reporter that reported it said it was texts, but it is clearly something like instagram. It also looks crooked and instagram DM's have a bar across the top under the users name which isn't present here(although it is supposedly from a year ago so maybe the UI is different).

The statement from Cooks attorney is completely opposite of what she is saying happened and involves witnesses.

https://twitter.com/rochelleolson/statu ... 3320579077
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

Messed up.

I struggle with any man that hits a woman. Maybe they don’t deserve the word man,

But understand there are circumstances where hard to refrain.

The apology from cook if from cook, sounds he’s admitted.

Then the story of her breaking and entering. assaulting him with mace as well as her assaulting another lady in the house.

Did cook assault her or did he just try pushing her away after being maced.

There is his side, her side and the one in between.

The lady guest in the house will probably tell a lot. Carry the most weight in court

I was thinking. How hard it has to be for guys like cook, or any high paid or famous sports star.. are they going with me or are they going with me for being that financially wealthy, popular sports star
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

He will be fine. It's not like he sent offensive emails or anything.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Welcome to the Me Too Movement.

OK sorry. That was probably over the top. But it was meant to get your attention.

Look, I have no idea what's going on here. Maybe they argued. Maybe they got violent. If he hit the woman, that's bad, and he should be punished commensurate with whatever he did. I've never raised a hand to a woman in my life, and I believe no man ever should unless she's about to kill him. Understand something. My wife is an executive, and she has had to battle the good-old-boy system for decades. It's been hard to watch men fail to take this brilliant woman seriously simply because she doesn't have a penis. I say this so that you understand ... no one is more in favor of women's rights than I am.

But at the same time, I wonder if the woman in Cook's case would have raised a stink, filed suit and gone to the press if Dalvin were a $15-an-hour McDonald's employee instead of a guy making $13 million a year.

The Me Too Movement started with good intentions. It was necessary. In the old days, for example, if a woman cried rape, the cops shrugged and said, "Meh, she must've wanted it." Thank God we're not in that place anymore. But bogus charges hurt the cause. They threaten to send everyone back to the stone ages. And when these allegations consistently come from women involved with very rich men, it starts to cast doubt. Did this woman get involved with a rich man in Cook, then claim "me too" when the relationship ended? I know, that sounds like the rantings of a misogynist. Believe me when I tell you, I'm not that. But Cook's reputation is pretty solid. Doesn't that count for something?

Here's another thing. With Deshaun Watson, you barely heard anything from his camp. They've been mostly hush-hush. Typically if you have something to hide, you say nothing. Cook and his entire team are denying the allegations vociferously.

I choose to go with "innocent until proven guilty." I know that's not in vogue these days, but that's where I stand.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:52 am I choose to go with "innocent until proven guilty." I know that's not in vogue these days, but that's where I stand.
I agree with you, but the stuff on Twitter certainly doesn't look good for him. Her face is pretty messed up, and if he wrote what is there it certainly seems like he's admitting he was responsible.

WTF is wrong with this team? It seems to be full of guys who lack character on the field and off.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson 1m
From NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy on lawsuit re: #Vikings RB Dalvin Cook: "The matter will be reviewed under the personal conduct policy. We will continue to monitor developments but there’s no change to his status as this is a civil complaint." So I'd expect Cook to play Sunday.
I guess since this is all civil right now, the NFL is just keeping an eye on it and aren't doing anything at this time.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Some more bad news Dakota Dozier Hospitalized for COVID-19. I wish him the best. He was vaccinated. He is stable.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

It seems like the VIkes are a magnet for bad character.
The Love Boat Fiasco
AP turning out to be a child abuser
Favre is embezzling public aid
countless minor players who were dealing drugs etc, major DUI crimes.
now this....
I think it goes back to management being piss poor at scouting, then they are desperate for talent so they take players that more intelligent GMs steer clear of.
I guess that s better than the Ravens or Steelers who just seem to take pride in enabling wannabe rapists and murderers.
As usual, I need to struggle and find a silver lining with the Vikes and set the bar low on my expectations. Even with Character.

I LOVE Robert Smith.....devoted athelete who went on to be an MD, Alan Page...a Viking God who went on to be a High Court Judge, and many other old school VIkes who were good people and proud citizens.....lately though...not as many good guys in MN.
Last edited by chicagopurple on Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

If he is guilty, cut him
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:40 pm If he is guilty, cut him
They may not even what for that. They cut a 1st round pick fast. The NFL won't mess around at this point.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I have a couple takes here....

I did a lot of digging on this last night and into today. Granted I'm not saying Dalvin is innocent but....

Has anyone seen the video? I watched it about 20 times last night. After watching it, does it really sound like that was a man that was about to "beat a girl with a broomstick"? She was clearly the aggressor in this video. Granted anything could've happened before or after. But the male that was recording the video proceeded to say "nobody wants to call the cops just let him go". Dalvin also said in the video, "you can go ahead because I'm not going to touch you". Then she follows it up by threatening to punch him and pull her gun on him. Dalvin also supposedly has two witnesses. One I'm guessing is the guy recording the video and they backed his story.

Here's the other thing....given how we as people operate on a daily basis, if you're dating a girl for an extended period of time, why would you message her via Instagram to have a conversation? You would send a text, not an Instagram DM. Which makes this even more fishy because there's a lot of stir around these messages being fake. Given how much they are pixelated and slanted. Also Instagram has a bar under the senders name where this shot did not. So I'm really starting to wonder if she created these herself so she could "confirm" it was Dalvin by the name and "blue check" up at the top of the screen. Where if these were actual text messages, she could've easily had someone send her these texts and she could've changed the sender name to Dalvin. Point is, texts are tougher to prove compared to Instagram messages due to that "blue check" so that's why she probably went that route. Too bad it's just poorly photoshopped.

Not just because I'm a Vikings fan but I'm starting to wonder if Dalvin really is innocent and indeed a victim.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:33 pm Which makes this even more fishy because there's a lot of stir around these messages being fake. Given how much they are pixelated and slanted. Also Instagram has a bar under the senders name where this shot did not. So I'm really starting to wonder if she created these herself so she could "confirm" it was Dalvin by the name and "blue check" up at the top of the screen. Where if these were actual text messages, she could've easily had someone send her these texts and she could've changed the sender name to Dalvin. Point is, texts are tougher to prove compared to Instagram messages due to that "blue check" so that's why she probably went that route. Too bad it's just poorly photoshopped.

Not just because I'm a Vikings fan but I'm starting to wonder if Dalvin really is innocent and indeed a victim.
I also think they look a bit off and mentioned that above. I do wonder if that one I posted earlier is actually cropped to remove the top message which then cut off the bar, but...they are coming from evidence submitted to court. It's a civil case, but both texts and instagram DM's can be subpoenaed by lawyers. If those are fake, she has a terrible lawyer that submitted those to the court.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Its really not right to even banter on about this. Let the detectives do their work and the court rule....THEN we can converse based on fact. Of course, when your teams season becomes pointless, what else do we have to talk about......