Fire them all

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Fire them all

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:02 am
Norv Zimmer wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:17 am The problem isn't Cousins. It is the play calling. I am not sure if that is Kubiaks fault or Zimmer not allowing Kubiak to be risky or call chunk plays. Like a previous poster said quality quarterbacks are not just sitting at the local diner waiting to be signed, they are actually really hard to come by.

If they were to move on from Cousins who would they sign that would be better? Someone who says get rid of Cousins answer me that. Come on name someone.
Nobody has an answer for that.
Really? Jackson in 2018 wasn't a better option for the low cost of a rookie salary and Mike Hughes? Tannehill in 2019 for a 5th and a few million wasn't a better option? Brady for whatever he wanted in 2020 wasn't a better option?

The corpse of Carson Wentz is putting up numbers as good as Cousins throwing to lesser receivers in Indy while losing more games than he wins, just like Cousins. It isn't hard to replace Cousins with a cheaper option that contributes to wins just as much as he does.

Finding a QB who elevates his team with his play isn't easy, but finding one that can win 10 games max in 4 seasons is easy.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:17 am
Really? Jackson in 2018 wasn't a better option for the low cost of a rookie salary and Mike Hughes? Tannehill in 2019 for a 5th and a few million wasn't a better option? Brady for whatever he wanted in 2020 wasn't a better option?

The corpse of Carson Wentz is putting up numbers as good as Cousins throwing to lesser receivers in Indy while losing more games than he wins, just like Cousins. It isn't hard to replace Cousins with a cheaper option that contributes to wins just as much as he does.

Finding a QB who elevates his team with his play isn't easy, but finding one that can win 10 games max in 4 seasons is easy.
First off Brady wasn't coming here. He said his wife wanted a warm place to live. That's not Minny. She wanted FL or CA. Speilman missed Tannehill. He has the highest passer rating of any quarterback in the league over the last two seasons combined and is also league-best in yards per attempt. He's the best passer in the NFL. He did elevate the Titians and has a 25-11 record. Didn't elevate the Phins couldn't get to .500 42-46. Jackson has mixed reviews. Some say he's the best others say he's inconsistent. He completed 48% of his passes the last game he played. The Bengals applied the heat with 5 sacks. That's not to good in my book. . Selecting QBs isn't a strength of Speilman. He's failed in every attempt he has made. He's used every avenue also so I give him credit for that. Draft, FA,Trade so far no cigar. That won't change. He is what he is. A terrible evaluator of QBs. He so weak he couldn't even dump Captain checkdown on some team. Work out the CAP stuff and let us get charged with half of his hit. That's how you deal make something happen. No luck. He'll sit tight the next couple of seasons if he's still here. And then hope a guy is there in the draft or one of his bench guys turns into a stud. That's not even a remote possibility based on his history.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:16 am That's not to good in my book. .
Being the league MVP in his second season, likely not missing the playoffs 4 straight seasons and in the seasons where he was Baltimore's QB their offense has averaged being the 7th best scoring offense.

That isn't good?

I get that when he has made the playoffs he has only won 1 game, but getting there every season and leading a top 10 offense every year is at least good and is a clear upgrade over our current QB.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Who knows? Any one of those QBs could come in and the playcalling would still be trash.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Norv Zimmer wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:52 am

Who knows? Any one of those QBs could come in and the playcalling would still be trash.
Bridgewater, Bradford, Case and yes, even Cousins all had their best seasons as Vikings. If the Vikings could get the most out of scrubs like Bradford and Case, what makes you think they couldn't have success with Tom Brady?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:41 am
CharVike wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:16 am That's not to good in my book. .
Being the league MVP in his second season, likely not missing the playoffs 4 straight seasons and in the seasons where he was Baltimore's QB their offense has averaged being the 7th best scoring offense.

That isn't good?

I get that when he has made the playoffs he has only won 1 game, but getting there every season and leading a top 10 offense every year is at least good and is a clear upgrade over our current QB.
As I posted some experts think he's the best in the game. He was an MVP that's a tremendous individual accomplishment. IMO he has some terrible games and some great games. It's out there and is shocking. Yes he gets that squad to the playoffs every year. He's got that locked up already. Not something I would want and eventually he will get knocked out running. That's not an if but a when. Our current QB blows I agree with you. He gives us very little hope. He is worthless and it would be nice if he would quite and give us next years CAP back. That won't happen. Captain checkdown will continue as is. We have another season of this BS because as you have posted no other teams want him at his current CAP hit. Another Speilman swing and a miss on a QB. He has proven over many years that he can't determine a QBs value. That's beyond his skill level. The only way for it to happen is luck. Not the best approach.