I knew Ruggs was fast.

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Foreman44
Transition Player

I knew Ruggs was fast.

Post by Foreman44 »

But didn’t know how fast. Now I do.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex ... l-n1283123

Loved him at Bama. Hard to feel sorry for him. I feel for the 23 year old lady that died in the other car. :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:

What part of don’t drink and drive doesn’t he understand.

Faces up to 56 years.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Re: I knew Ruggs was fast.

Post by YikesVikes »

Foreman44 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:14 pm But didn’t know how fast. Now I do.

Loved him at Bama. Hard to feel sorry for him. I feel for the 23 year old lady that died in the other car. :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:

Faces up to 56 years.
I do feel sorry for him. I also feel sorry for his family and the family of the young lady that died. I can't say that I have never in my life had a drink and then driven home. I know better now but as a 22-year-old, I didn't always make the best decisions. I know he would take it all back if her could right now and tragic is the only word I can use to describe this situation.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

YikesVikes wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:29 pm
Foreman44 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:14 pm But didn’t know how fast. Now I do.

Faces up to 56 years.
I do feel sorry for him. I also feel sorry for his family and the family of the young lady that died. I can't say that I have never in my life had a drink and then driven home. I know better now but as a 22-year-old, I didn't always make the best decisions. I know he would take it all back if her could right now and tragic is the only word I can use to describe this situation.
I do feel bad it all happened, so much pain. Everyone loses.

Wish he had more sense. You are ight. He s young. But still accountable.

I understand. I had one DUI at age 18. I drank my share of beer by 21. But
One night I drank a fifth of Canadian Windsor in a hour.started at 10 finished at 11. Midnight arrested. Woke up in jail not even remember leaving the party. Scary, expensive. But i was lucky... I was stopped before something bad could happen.."Ruggs is young.

But don’t drink and drive is stressed more today than1971
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Foreman44 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:40 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:29 pm

One night I drank a fifth of Canadian Windsor in a hour.started at 10 finished at 11. Midnight arrested. Woke up in jail not even remember leaving the party. Scary, expensive. But i was lucky... I was stopped before something bad could happen.."Ruggs is young.

Yeah but ego is just as prevalent. Everyone thinks "I got this". I think people are extra tough on him because anyone in that pay bracket, people hate to see waste the opportunities but reality is he made a life-altering (for the both of them) decision. I don't understand being drunk and then speeding down the street ( in what looks like a urban environment). I confess I have driven with more drinks than I should have but I never thought in that circumstance to speed.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

My wife and I recall (these days without any source of pride) the night we were both plastered and I drove us home. I was weaving in and out of traffic, announcing my moves like I was some guy announcing a NASCAR event. We were almost as impaired by our laughing as we were by the alcohol. Totally out of control.

We were in our early 20s at the time. In the past, we've had a good laugh as we remembered it.

Now that we're in our 60s, we don't laugh about it anymore. We realize how incredibly stupid it was ... and how very lucky we were to make it home without getting arrested or, worse yet, hurting someone. Perhaps scarier, we can't recall if there were other instances of such irresponsible behavior ... which probably means there were.

I'm praying for both Henry Ruggs and the family of the woman who lost her life.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

YikesVikes wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:25 pm
Foreman44 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:40 pm

Yeah but ego is just as prevalent. Everyone thinks "I got this". I think people are extra tough on him because anyone in that pay bracket, people hate to see waste the opportunities but reality is he made a life-altering (for the both of them) decision. I don't understand being drunk and then speeding down the street ( in what looks like a urban environment). I confess I have driven with more drinks than I should have but I never thought in that circumstance to speed.
If I did it. Just a handful hears it. If Ruggs does it.The whole country knows
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:42 pm My wife and I recall (these days without any source of pride) the night we were both plastered and I drove us home. I was weaving in and out of traffic, announcing my moves like I was some guy announcing a NASCAR event. We were almost as impaired by our laughing as we were by the alcohol. Totally out of control.

We were in our early 20s at the time. In the past, we've had a good laugh as we remembered it.

Now that we're in our 60s, we don't laugh about it anymore. We realize how incredibly stupid it was ... and how very lucky we were to make it home without getting arrested or, worse yet, hurting someone. Perhaps scarier, we can't recall if there were other instances of such irresponsible behavior ... which probably means there were.

I'm praying for both Henry Ruggs and the family of the woman who lost her life.
Kapp,
I will tell you that your story is closer to the norm than most would like to admit. Its scare how both our lives could be remarkably different because we made a light, turned left, or left 5 mins earlier or later.