Trade deadline

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Trade deadline

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Does anyone think Vikings will make any trades before the deadline today?
40for60
Starter

Re: Trade deadline

Post by 40for60 »

I hope not. I'm worried with Hunter out for the season they make some deal for a replacement. We all know how that turned out before, and the Herndon trade hasn't exactly been favorable either. With the future of management and coaches in doubt I'd prefer them to not touch anything at this point, unless it is to unload someone with a huge salary cap hit.
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

I hope not. I'm worried with Hunter out for the season they make some deal for a replacement. We all know how that turned out before, and the Herndon trade hasn't exactly been favorable either. With the future of management and coaches in doubt I'd prefer them to not touch anything at this point, unless it is to unload someone with a huge salary cap hit.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

40for60 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:58 am I hope not. I'm worried with Hunter out for the season they make some deal for a replacement. We all know how that turned out before, and the Herndon trade hasn't exactly been favorable either. With the future of management and coaches in doubt I'd prefer them to not touch anything at this point, unless it is to unload someone with a huge salary cap hit.
Exactly what I was thinking. Time for a snap judgement Rick trade to save the season. A first rounder for some average DE rental.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Can we trade Zimmer for Belicheck?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

There's no point right now. They need to go with what was built. I would tend to go the other way and see what we can get for anyone on the roster. No player is off limits. Do we really have a can't touch guy for the right price? Would you trade Theilen or Smith for a top price? Pierce? Barr? just go on. Better than nothing. Interesting thing the DE we just traded had a sack his first game with Denver. Denver needs a QB maybe deal Cousins for whatever they will cough up. This is the best time. Teams will over pay. Conklin has shown some good things. Of course this will be stripping the team but that may have to happen anyway. It will also be waving the white flag and I don't see Rick doing that. Be interesting to see what we could walk away with. We would all be surprised I think.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

I hope they don't. Unless it's moving out someone. No reason to give up assets to add to this dumpster fire this season.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Any chance they could move Bradbury? Is any contending team desperate for a center?

I know that would leave a short-term hole at center and maybe doom this season (like it isn't already doomed...), but Bradbury is a consistent liability at center and maybe they can get something for him at this point in his career. I'm thinking the right team should be willing to part with a 5th for him, which wouldn't be terrible compensation.

Get a 5th for Bradbury, let Mason Cole finish it out, then find a way to draft Luke Matthews out Texas A&M (https://www.walterfootball.com/draft2022C.php). Matthews might not enter the draft but if he does I think he can become your anchor center for the next 10 years, plus he has the size to compete in the interior.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

40for60 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:58 am I hope not. I'm worried with Hunter out for the season they make some deal for a replacement. We all know how that turned out before, and the Herndon trade hasn't exactly been favorable either. With the future of management and coaches in doubt I'd prefer them to not touch anything at this point, unless it is to unload someone with a huge salary cap hit.
I mean, according to Collingsworth they already have Hunter's clone in DJ Wonnum, so no trade to replace Hunter should be necessary...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

TSonn wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:47 am Can we trade Zimmer for Belicheck?
Belicheat only won because of Brady, once Brady left, Patriots did not make the playoffs
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:24 am
TSonn wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:47 am Can we trade Zimmer for Belicheck?
Belicheat only won because of Brady, once Brady left, Patriots did not make the playoffs
Brady was the center piece. But Bill also put players around him. They always had a solid defense. Bills a smart coach you have give him some credit. They are at 4-4 and are in the mix with a rookie QB. That's not easy to do. But Brady does go way beyond. I can't believe he wasn't the MVP last year. Winning a Super Bowl with a new non playoff team the year before. Rodgers got it and Brady beat him. MVP is a strange award and close to meaningless just based on what I pointed out. It's what ever is best for TV ads I think.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Don't think anyone was really expecting much, but the Vikings made no moves
Chris Tomasson @christomasson
2m
The NFL trade deadline has passed at 3 p.m. CDT and the #Vikings have announced no moves today.
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

VikingLord wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:46 am I mean, according to Collingsworth they already have Hunter's clone in DJ Wonnum, so no trade to replace Hunter should be necessary...

Collingsworth is useless as an announcer, but his exact quote was:

Don't underestimate DJ Wonnum on the outside, his play style is very much like Danielle Hunters'

Not many would say the $4M guy is the "clone" of the $72M guy. And for $1M a year, I have zero issues with Wonnum.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

psjordan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:23 pm
VikingLord wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:46 am I mean, according to Collingsworth they already have Hunter's clone in DJ Wonnum, so no trade to replace Hunter should be necessary...

Collingsworth is useless as an announcer, but his exact quote was:

Don't underestimate DJ Wonnum on the outside, his play style is very much like Danielle Hunters'

Not many would say the $4M guy is the "clone" of the $72M guy. And for $1M a year, I have zero issues with Wonnum.
Other than he's just taking up space, I don't have issues with him either I guess.