Cowboys @ Vikings post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Cowboys @ Vikings post game

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I want Zimmer fired tomorrow! What a joke!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Cowboys @ Vikings post game

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I’m so mad right now I could kick a puppy.

No coach in the history of the Vikings has been a bigger embarrassment. Not even Les Steckel.

But watch. He’ll be back at his presser tomorrow, talking about how his players crapped the bed, how his coaching was flawless, and how they just need to clean up a few things.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

In a weird way I feel bad for Zimmer. To be completely exposed as a terrible in-game coach with an outdated defensive scheme in a nationally televised game. He's gotta be embarrassed. Though I'm sure he'll blame the kicker or something.

Hopefully the Wilfs are embarrassed enough to finally can him since it's been obvious he lost whatever edge he had back in 2018.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Imagine if dak played
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:37 pm I want Zimmer fired tomorrow! What a joke!
They’ve wasted years on him. I could see long ago that sticking with Zimmer was a ticket to this kind of frustrating stagnation and here we are, exactly as expected.

That’s not intended to be self-congratulatory, just an expression of how frustrating it’s been to watch this mediocre, nepotistic coach spend 7+ years taking the Vikings nowhere. We saw his ceiling in 2017and they were fortunate to get as far as they did that season. It’s long past time for the Vikes to move on.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

What are the chances we wake up to good news tomorrow?
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Did we just witness a man go senile on live TV?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

In the third quarter, CJ Ham had more targets than Thielen and Jefferson. Combined. That more or less sums up the game.

Zimmer is surely gone, I just hope they don’t stop with him. Cousins was absolutely gifted that second to last drive with questionable penalties and couldn’t punch it in. He has zero TDs in the 4th quarter. That last drive was an absolute joke. As was the one right before halftime.

Fire Zimmer. Fire Spielman. And get on the phone with the Saints and see if they want Cousins. Give him away for a 7th. Next year is a full rebuild anyway and his contract is just a boat anchor.
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

Like I said, the one consistent thing about Zimmer and Cousins is losing to above .500 teams.

Not sure where the team goes from here, but Zimm is not the only issue.
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Burn this team down and put spielman atop the pyre. What a travesty. Ziggy should be ashamed of what he has built, if he cares at all.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

TSonn wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:43 pm In a weird way I feel bad for Zimmer. To be completely exposed as a terrible in-game coach with an outdated defensive scheme in a nationally televised game. He's gotta be embarrassed. Though I'm sure he'll blame the kicker or something.

Hopefully the Wilfs are embarrassed enough to finally can him since it's been obvious he lost whatever edge he had back in 2018.
Do not hold your breath on it, Wilfs should have fired Zimmer after Cowboys loss last year and they did not do it
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Boon wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:48 pm What are the chances we wake up to good news tomorrow?
0 chance
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

StpViking wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:53 pm Like I said, the one consistent thing about Zimmer and Cousins is losing to above .500 teams.

Not sure where the team goes from here, but Zimm is not the only issue.
Sure, but we have a better W/L record with basically anyone else as our HC this year. Not sure our W/L record changes with a different QB.

At the end of the day it's not worth getting upset about - we're a bad team with a lame duck coach. Whatever gets him out of here faster is good for the overall franchise. The QB decision can come after we move on from Zimmer.
cogitator
Veteran

Post by cogitator »

Boon wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:48 pm What are the chances we wake up to good news tomorrow?
Doubtful. Coaches rarely fired during the season, that would just mean an interim coach, so sort of in limbo until the end of the season if that is the case. That doesn't mean a decision hasn't been reached about Zimmer however.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

It's beyond time to move in from this regime. Thank the man for his service and wish him a happy retirement.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.