How on earth … are the Vikings gonna stop the Cowboys?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: How on earth … are the Vikings gonna stop the Cowboys?

Post by S197 »

Foreman44 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:23 pm The Answer. Score more points than Dallas
I see John Madden is a secret Vikings fan.
cogitator
Veteran

Post by cogitator »

oops. I blame the software, not me.
Last edited by cogitator on Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cogitator
Veteran

Post by cogitator »

Today Dak Prescott said he might not play. So after that the line went from Dallas -1.5 to Minnesota -2.5. Seems like a big swing on just a little uncertainty. Vegas may value the Vikings more highly than Viking fans do.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

cogitator wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:07 pm Today Dak Prescott said he might not play. So after that the line went from Dallas -1.5 to Minnesota -2.5. Seems like a big swing on just a little uncertainty. Vegas may value the Vikings more highly than Viking fans do.
I'll be shocked if Prescott doesn't play. Dallas is 5-1 and they do play in what is likely the weakest overall division in football, but at the same time, they already have one conference loss against an NFC opponent, and if Prescott doesn't play against the Vikings it seems more likely than not that will become 2 losses. Its far from a must-win game for Dallas, but if Dallas is looking ahead to playoff seeding, that conference won-loss record could be important given how the other divisional leaders are doing.

I want Prescott to play. The Vikings need to find out how good they are and whether they can beat teams with winning records this year, especially at home.

If this is more of the same-old, same-old, they'll lose outright or find a way to lose in a game like this, and that will say a lot about whether the team has reason to be more optimistic this season than in prior seasons when they beat the losing teams and lose to the winning teams more often than not.

And a victory over a hobbled Dallas team without its star QB isn't going to be reason for optimism. It will be reason for more doubt.

So find a way to win against a rested, full-strength Cowboy team at home, hopefully convincingly, and that will launch them into the real contenders category of teams in the NFC.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

cogitator wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:07 pm Today Dak Prescott said he might not play. So after that the line went from Dallas -1.5 to Minnesota -2.5. Seems like a big swing on just a little uncertainty. Vegas may value the Vikings more highly than Viking fans do.
According to Prescott, the decision isn’t his, and he understands there’s a bigger picture. He said he doesn’t want the injury to linger past this week. It’ll likely be a game time decision.

Frankly I don’t care if he doesn’t play. I want wins. If there are no moral victory in losses, then the same applies to wins.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:12 pm
According to Prescott, the decision isn’t his, and he understands there’s a bigger picture. He said he doesn’t want the injury to linger past this week. It’ll likely be a game time decision.

Frankly I don’t care if he doesn’t play. I want wins. If there are no moral victory in losses, then the same applies to wins.
You're right the most important thing is a win. This is the Boys looking for some press.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

It looks that Dak will be sitting out, he tried to play today but he still have ankle soreness but I am worried that Dalton is going to torch the Vikings, you know how Vikings' tradition is letting back up quarterbacks look like Hall of Famers?
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:53 am It looks that Dak will be sitting out, he tried to play today but he still have ankle soreness but I am worried that Dalton is going to torch the Vikings, you know how Vikings' tradition is letting back up quarterbacks look like Hall of Famers?
Dalton is long gone, Cooper Rush gets the start if Dak does not play. But yes I know the show you are referring to.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

psjordan wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:00 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:53 am It looks that Dak will be sitting out, he tried to play today but he still have ankle soreness but I am worried that Dalton is going to torch the Vikings, you know how Vikings' tradition is letting back up quarterbacks look like Hall of Famers?
Dalton is long gone, Cooper Rush gets the start if Dak does not play. But yes I know the show you are referring to.
I did not realize Dalton is not on the team anymore but yeah, I hope the defense will show up
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:36 pm
psjordan wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:00 pm
I did not realize Dalton is not on the team anymore but yeah, I hope the defense will show up
I thought Dak had a shoulder problem. Zim looked happy in his press conference so I'm sure he feels Dak will sit and Dallas will pound the ball. Might be the battle of FGs unless Cook breaks a long one. If it's a FG battle we have less of a chance to win than I thought. The Dallas kicker appears to have long range with a 59 yarder. He'll probably bang in a 62 yarder for the win right after our guy blocks a 32 yarder wide right.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

If Dak is out and they still lose Zimmer should be fired that night lol. Even if he plays he will be hobbled and they should win. Of course should win games frequently get recorded in the L column with this team but I'm still excited to watch. :govikes: :ripple:
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:44 pm If Dak is out and they still lose Zimmer should be fired that night lol. Even if he plays he will be hobbled and they should win. Of course should win games frequently get recorded in the L column with this team but I'm still excited to watch. :govikes: :ripple:
Zimmer should have been fired after losing to a terrible Cowboys team at home last year
cogitator
Veteran

Post by cogitator »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:36 pm
Dalton went to the Bears and was starting until he got hurt in about the second game. That's why Fields is in there even though he appears not to be ready.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:34 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:44 pm If Dak is out and they still lose Zimmer should be fired that night lol. Even if he plays he will be hobbled and they should win. Of course should win games frequently get recorded in the L column with this team but I'm still excited to watch. :govikes: :ripple:
Zimmer should have been fired after losing to a terrible Cowboys team at home last year
Zim isn't getting fired. If last year didn't get him canned what will? He's golden. He has one more year on his contract. This game won't change that. Even if we beat them badly it will be "there QB was out/hurt so what." He'll coach like always and the talk on this game reflects what that will be. Just enjoy the game and hopefully we beat this half a$$ team.
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

I see this game as a Vikings win for some reason we always seem to hit a peak in October /November and then fade in December .
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock: