Vikings @ Panthers post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Vikings @ Panthers post game

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Even though Vikings won, can Zimmer be fired after the game? He almost lost Vikings the game! :wallbang:
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Vikings @ Panthers post game

Post by Texas Vike »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:46 pm Even though Vikings won, can Zimmer be fired after the game? He almost lost Vikings the game! :wallbang:
The record must be scratched, because that's repeating every week. In fact, each week he seems to outdo himself from the previous week in how big of a lead you can give up by playing not to lose.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

+ Cousins had a good game, gave his WR's a lot of chances to win tough catches and for the most part they did
+ Osborne may be the 3rd WR we've been looking for
+ Darrisaw didn't stand out, which means he probably had a solid game
+ Watts looked good in relief of Pierce
+ Dalvin doing Dalvin things

- Someone needs to tell Zimmer that green line is the MINIMUM for a FG kick, not the goal
- 4th down defense was just unacceptable
- Special teams
- O'Neill and especially Udoh had rough games
- Penalties
- We beat a team with a 2nd string QB, a RB who's name I can't remember, and a WR corps that had about 10 drops
- I think they played Everson too much at the end. Seems like those known passing downs would have been a good time for a guy like Pat Jones or maybe Wonnum
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Pretenders lol This franchise doesn't deserve Kirk.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Playing Zimmer ball :lol:
We need to stomp on them.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

I turned it off to cook dinner when CAR had 4th down and 10 at their own like 3 yard line after 3 drops in a row with 2 minutes to go... how did this go to OT!?!?!

Let me guess... MIKE ZIMMER?

Nevermind - just watched the highlights on YouTube. Classic Zimmer defense giving up not only multiple 4th downs (one being a 4th and 10), not only 97 yards for a score, but also a 2 point conversion!

I don't understand how a guy so bad at his job can keep his job. Literally 31 other coaches in the league wouldn't have let the last 2 weeks get this close. What a guy.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

My take has already been expressed here so I'll just say this - does the fact that Anthony Barr is in his 8th year make anybody else feel old(er) or is it just me?
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

For all those who did not catch the game with the Panthers. The 28 points scored by them did not reflect how bad of a team they are. I thought the Panthers were worst then the Lions, who we barely survived.

I should be happy this team strung together 2 wins in a row, but what is it all for just to have the same thing again next year? This franchise is stuck in the mud and has been since its founding in 1961.
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

P.S. While I believe that overall Kirk Cousins was the wrong decision for the Vikings he has been very good this season. I have no complaints about him in 2021.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cliff wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:37 pm My take has already been expressed here so I'll just say this - does the fact that Anthony Barr is in his 8th year make anybody else feel old(er) or is it just me?
Harrison Smith makes me feel older TBH. Also lol your avatar.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

S197 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:04 pm + Cousins had a good game, gave his WR's a lot of chances to win tough catches and for the most part they did

- Someone needs to tell Zimmer that green line is the MINIMUM for a FG kick, not the goal
- Special teams
- Penalties
- We beat a team with a 2nd string QB, a RB who's name I can't remember, and a WR corps that had about 10 drops
- I think they played Everson too much at the end. Seems like those known passing downs would have been a good time for a guy like Pat Jones or maybe Wonnum
It is about time too, Vikings have not had a good 3rd receiver since Jarius left
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:11 pm
S197 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:04 pm + Cousins had a good game, gave his WR's a lot of chances to win tough catches and for the most part they did

- Special teams
- Penalties
It is about time too, Vikings have not had a good 3rd receiver since Jarius left
It seems that Osborn is legit. So nice to have a WR3.
I'm looking for StumpHunters post praising Kirk for his 2 game winning drives today. Those sure were important last year. I don't seem to see that post. Can somebody direct me to where it is?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

The Vikings did their job. It's hard to hit the road and win. I give them credit they played hard. Like every game there were positives and negatives. Hopefully Dantzler keeps his tweets to himself. He's worthless and an embarrassment to his profession and our team. I don't want him active anymore. He needs to watch and learn. Our FG kicker needs to be kicked down the road. Cook is an explosive player. 4.8 a pop is a dam good job. I give Darrisaw a ton of credit. Vets struggle when missing camp. He did a good job last week also in limited time. He'll have some struggles but the arrow is pointing up. It's good to see some OL size for a change. Lynch had a sack and that's always welcomed. Zim won again after leading at half time. But I don't give him any credit for this at all. He allowed that team to drive 90 some yards for the tie. Two 4th down conversions from a QB that 's not NFL starter quality and is a backup at best. I didn't expect a win. On to next week.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

CharVike wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:51 pm The Vikings did their job. It's hard to hit the road and win. I give them credit they played hard. Like every game there were positives and negatives. Hopefully Dantzler keeps his tweets to himself. He's worthless and an embarrassment to his profession and our team. I don't want him active anymore. He needs to watch and learn. Our FG kicker needs to be kicked down the road. Cook is an explosive player. 4.8 a pop is a dam good job. I give Darrisaw a ton of credit. Vets struggle when missing camp. He did a good job last week also in limited time. He'll have some struggles but the arrow is pointing up. It's good to see some OL size for a change. Lynch had a sack and that's always welcomed. Zim won again after leading at half time. But I don't give him any credit for this at all. He allowed that team to drive 90 some yards for the tie. Two 4th down conversions from a QB that 's not NFL starter quality and is a backup at best. I didn't expect a win. On to next week.
Vikings are on a bye next week, Vikings play Cowboys on Halloween night, Vikings better get payback from last year!
kidfozzy.
Starter

Post by kidfozzy. »

Y’all might be living under a rock on this one, but have y’all seen Sam Darnold this season so far? This was the first game all season that he was stymied all leading to the 4th quarter. Dude is averaging a near-300 passing yards a game with minimal TO ratio. To call him a backup QB is a disservice concerning leaving that garbage dumpster known as the Jets.

Back to this game, great to see Cook healthy again and looking forward to the progression of young Darrisaw.