Championship Roster

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Championship Roster

Post by StumpHunter »

808vikingsfan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:26 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:35 pm
Yeah, the Packers won’t stink all year, much as I hate to give them any credit.
and once the Bears decide to start Fields, they're going to be good too. The loss to the Rams isn't very telling. I think the Rams are going to be hard to stop with Stafford. I feel like they can score on every possession. My superbowl pick for the NFC.
Offensively they might improve with Fields, but they don't have the playmakers or Oline to be an above average offense, and their D looks below average as well. They look like a 7-8 win team at most this year.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:21 am

and once the Bears decide to start Fields, they're going to be good too. The loss to the Rams isn't very telling. I think the Rams are going to be hard to stop with Stafford. I feel like they can score on every possession. My superbowl pick for the NFC.
Offensively they might improve with Fields, but they don't have the playmakers or Oline to be an above average offense, and their D looks below average as well. They look like a 7-8 win team at most this year.
But 7-8 wins will be more than us !!! Agree with the Rams being SB Contenders this year. They have playmakers all over on that field at every level. I see us with 4 wins. Initially I thought we could push to be a 9-10 win team, but hey, I am an optimist and a fan at heart. After seeing us play, against the Bengals, I am not so optimistic.
The optimist in me then sees us moving on from Zimmer. The optimist sees a new and exciting coaching staff, in particular on offense. The optimist sees a top 5 draft pick. The optimist sees us only having to deal with Cousins 1 more season after this one.
The optimist sees a vision to become a SB contender implemented.
Unfortunately, all of that happens after this season !
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:35 pm
Yeah, the Packers won’t stink all year, much as I hate to give them any credit.
The Rams have had a very good team for some time now. That was a good pick. I've seen Stafford for many years. Give it time before crowning him the champ. Every game won't be like this one. Playing with a big lead helps. Let's see what he does when facing a team with a QB that makes a game of it. That will show his true colors. Yes the Packers looked bad and 0-17 seems to be in the cards. They will win many games before it's over. Jamesis was hot as hell. That's been his history. Looks like the best then a bum sometimes in the same game. People are saying Rodgers dumped the game. Players have bad games. The entire team packed it in.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

IIsweet wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:51 am
StumpHunter wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:21 am

But 7-8 wins will be more than us !!! Agree with the Rams being SB Contenders this year. They have playmakers all over on that field at every level. I see us with 4 wins. Initially I thought we could push to be a 9-10 win team, but hey, I am an optimist and a fan at heart. After seeing us play, against the Bengals, I am not so optimistic.
The optimist in me then sees us moving on from Zimmer. The optimist sees a new and exciting coaching staff, in particular on offense. The optimist sees a top 5 draft pick. The optimist sees us only having to deal with Cousins 1 more season after this one.
I do not see it, Wilfs love Zimmer too much to fire him, Zimmer will probably will be a Viking for life unless he steps down
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:30 am
IIsweet wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:51 am

I do not see it, Wilfs love Zimmer too much to fire him, Zimmer will probably will be a Viking for life unless he steps down
No way.

Zimmer is gone if this team doesn't make the playoffs and win once there.

The Wilfs may love him but they love winning more.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

VikingLord wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:11 pm

No way.

If they like him so much, buy some land next to his Cabin and build yourselves one ! They can hang out with him all they want. The fans deserve and expect so much better than what we are getting. The players deserve better than what the schemes are. The lack of player development and the ideologies are foregone. This ship needs a shot in the arm. Some new blood and some energy.
Why are so many fans already so upset after 1 game ???? Because every year we hope for a change in the right direction. Every year we hope that this will be the year. Every year though.... we remain disappointed with mediocrity and underachievement.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

IIsweet wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:24 pm

No way.

If they like him so much, buy some land next to his Cabin and build yourselves one ! They can hang out with him all they want. The fans deserve and expect so much better than what we are getting. The players deserve better than what the schemes are. The lack of player development and the ideologies are foregone. This ship needs a shot in the arm. Some new blood and some energy.
Why are so many fans already so upset after 1 game ???? Because every year we hope for a change in the right direction. Every year we hope that this will be the year. Every year though.... we remain disappointed with mediocrity and underachievement.
My anger is due to the loss in easy games. We always piss these easy games away and end up having to win tough ones at the end of the year to sniff the playoffs. If we ran a tighter shift and won the easy ones early on, that doesn't happen.
A win last year to either the Titans or Atlanta and we make the playoffs. Sickening.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

No way.

I think they love making money off the team most of all. Staying relevant if not winning a SB helps them do that and Zimmer helps them do that. Same with Rick.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:38 pm

No way.

I think they love making money off the team most of all. Staying relevant if not winning a SB helps them do that and Zimmer helps them do that. Same with Rick.
I have my doubts that Zimmer will be gone even if they miss the playoffs. It could certainly happen, but I think Stump is dead on. Rick and Zim make this team relevant every year. Even in the "bad" years, we still always have a chance up to the last couple games. That keeps the fans interested and the money rolling in.

I'm as frustrated as anyone about not getting over the hump and winning it all, but Zim has a .574 winning record. It took Dennis Green a 5-10 season to find the door, and even that was mildly surprising at the time (at least for me) Maybe it would take that bad of season to make a move, but even then I don't know. The FO likes Zim an awful lot.

I very much have my doubts that he will coach us to a SB win, but it's really hard to argue with the success rate compared to many organizations.
Damian
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Dames wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:25 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:38 pm

I have my doubts that Zimmer will be gone even if they miss the playoffs. It could certainly happen, but I think Stump is dead on. Rick and Zim make this team relevant every year. Even in the "bad" years, we still always have a chance up to the last couple games. That keeps the fans interested and the money rolling in.

I'm as frustrated as anyone about not getting over the hump and winning it all, but Zim has a .574 winning record. It took Dennis Green a 5-10 season to find the door, and even that was mildly surprising at the time (at least for me) Maybe it would take that bad of season to make a move, but even then I don't know. The FO likes Zim an awful lot.

I very much have my doubts that he will coach us to a SB win, but it's really hard to argue with the success rate compared to many organizations.
I don't think making the playoffs is a good gauge. Almost half the league will make the playoffs this year. If the Vikings don't make it, I'd wipe the slate clean and start from scratch.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

808vikingsfan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:48 pm
Dames wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:25 pm

I don't think making the playoffs is a good gauge. Almost half the league will make the playoffs this year. If the Vikings don't make it, I'd wipe the slate clean and start from scratch.
That means half the league don't make the playoffs. I agree with the money part. The Wilf family didn't get in this to make a fortune they already accomplished that. But they won't throw it away either. A benefit to us fans is that he let's Speilman spend money so I know he wants to win. He's a fan of the sport. His brother appears to be the guy running the show. He works with Speilman daily. His input is what Zygi listens to. If we start having empty seats they will wipe it clean. Until then I think they are safe. Speilman could nudge Zimmer out because some of Zims comments about blaming personnel points to Speilman. I also could be way off base. Week 1 makes it look bleak but I wouldn't be shocked if we win this game. We have a vet team they all have been through this stuff.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

CharVike wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:23 am

The Rams have had a very good team for some time now. That was a good pick. I've seen Stafford for many years. Give it time before crowning him the champ. Every game won't be like this one. Playing with a big lead helps. Let's see what he does when facing a team with a QB that makes a game of it. That will show his true colors. Yes the Packers looked bad and 0-17 seems to be in the cards. They will win many games before it's over. Jamesis was hot as hell. That's been his history. Looks like the best then a bum sometimes in the same game. People are saying Rodgers dumped the game. Players have bad games. The entire team packed it in.
Jamesis laid a turd today. 11/22/111/0/2. How can a team go in with a vet who throws like that. Speilman can get a #### load for Cousins from them and then install the next star he picked.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Zim is 25-24 his last 49 games !!!
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

IIsweet wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:09 pm Zim is 25-24 his last 49 games !!!
That is what Zimmer is always is, a mediocre head coach
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

IIsweet wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:09 pm Zim is 25-24 his last 49 games !!!
Exactly. Like I said, if he cant put out a top 10 defense in the NFL, why is he even here? So he can continue to ignore his offense and his QB week after week? So he can put all this time into his defense so they can lay an egg? He literally has no use here anymore. Zero. At this point he's going to do nothing but continue to hold this team back.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri