Championship Roster

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Championship Roster

Post by VikingLord »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:15 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:54 am It's really starting to look like injuries will once again derail a Vikings season. Rashod Hill and Blake Brandel are not going to cut it at LT.
I think we are finding out why Darrisaw fell past a couple of LT needy teams(including arguably the most competent Oline drafting team in Indy) and why Rick didn't want to spend the 14th on him.
More than likely Darrisaw is dealing with a hernia of some sort, and hernias are not particularly linear in terms of recovery. As Zimmer noted, it can be one step foward and two steps back with a core issue like that (assuming that is what it is).
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:54 am It's really starting to look like injuries will once again derail a Vikings season. Rashod Hill and Blake Brandel are not going to cut it at LT.
I think we are finding out why Darrisaw fell past a couple of LT needy teams(including arguably the most competent Oline drafting team in Indy) and why Rick didn't want to spend the 14th on him.

Cutting Reiff was the right move for a team on a rebuild, but it is a move that was always going to hurt us this year as a rookie or Hill struggled to play competent LT.
Reiff signed for $6 million. We should have worked out a way to keep him.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:19 am

Cutting Reiff was the right move for a team on a rebuild, but it is a move that was always going to hurt us this year as a rookie or Hill struggled to play competent LT.
I think we burned that bridge last year when we forced him to restructure or get cut pretty much right before the season began and when he would have no shot at getting on with a team as a starter.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Apparently Weatherly isn't the guaranteed starter, he's battling Wonnum for the position, which is why he dressed for the Broncos game.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:42 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:19 am
I think we burned that bridge last year when we forced him to restructure or get cut pretty much right before the season began and when he would have no shot at getting on with a team as a starter.
oh well the guy wasn't worth 15 million and he should of knew it. He got 10 million less in F/A seen that coming miles away.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Pep2Moss
Starter

Post by Pep2Moss »

Just going to put this here, but any interest in the recently cut Josh Rosen? I know the Niners playbook seemed to confuse him apparently, but he would be better than Browning or Stanley, no?
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Pep2Moss wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:31 pm Just going to put this here, but any interest in the recently cut Josh Rosen? I know the Niners playbook seemed to confuse him apparently, but he would be better than Browning or Stanley, no?
Browning wasn't impressive against the Broncos. He threw a lot of short safe stuff which is fine if you can road-grade it out on the ground with the running game. I was hoping for a bit more, especially given it was a preseason game and the Vikings were well down for most of it.

Of course, the OL wasn't impressive either in that game so it's hard to say if Browning had better protection what he'd look like.

As for Rosen, I'm not sold he'd be any better than the guys already on the team. He was a high 1st round pick who hasn't stuck with any team for more than a season. Whatever is wrong with him, it seems to be beyond help at this point.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Championship roster?? :rofl:
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Vikings just lost to the Bengals, Vikings do not have a championship roster
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

Wow, we lose to the Bungles. Who will we beat this year? 0-17 here we come with our Championship roster . :wallbang:
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

This didn't age well
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

I thought the Vikings would finish 9 and 8 this season and barely miss the playoffs, but depending on how the Bears do, the whole NFC North will be 0 and 4 starting the season. Maybe 9 and 8 wins the division this year, so the user who first posted this thread may be right after all.

Thank God for a terrible NFC North Division this year.
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

StpViking wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:19 pm I thought the Vikings would finish 9 and 8 this season and barely miss the playoffs, but depending on how the Bears do, the whole NFC North will be 0 and 4 starting the season. Maybe 9 and 8 wins the division this year, so the user who first posted this thread may be right after all.

You are super optimistic
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

YikesVikes wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:22 pm
StpViking wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:19 pm I thought the Vikings would finish 9 and 8 this season and barely miss the playoffs, but depending on how the Bears do, the whole NFC North will be 0 and 4 starting the season. Maybe 9 and 8 wins the division this year, so the user who first posted this thread may be right after all.

You are super optimistic
Yeah, the Packers won’t stink all year, much as I hate to give them any credit.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:35 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:22 pm

You are super optimistic
Yeah, the Packers won’t stink all year, much as I hate to give them any credit.
and once the Bears decide to start Fields, they're going to be good too. The loss to the Rams isn't very telling. I think the Rams are going to be hard to stop with Stafford. I feel like they can score on every possession. My superbowl pick for the NFC.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014