Vikings/Broncos

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings/Broncos

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Mond just flicks his wrist and has zip. Nice to see pocket awareness for a change. Looks good so far.

thought Browning looked ok. Made good reads, just unlucky and a few dropped passes. Some poor decisions too(the safety, Pick 6)

Just nice to watch football again.

Missing Teddy in purple
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

808vikingsfan wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:53 pm Mond just flicks his wrist and has zip. Nice to see pocket awareness for a change. Looks good so far.

thought Browning looked ok. Made good reads, just unlucky and a few dropped passes. Some poor decisions too(the safety, Pick 6)

Just nice to watch football again.

Missing Teddy in purple
Mond looks great for what little practice he has, Rose Jr running very well to!
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

AJ Rose is having a heck of a game.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I figured the game would be ugly, with no starters playing.

But here’s what got me. I don’t get Vikings radio here in Iowa, so I don’t normally get to hear Paul Allen. The game was on NFL Network Radio (Sirius XM), and I was driving, so I listened.

The guy was TERRIBLE.

He never once gave down, distance or yard line. Not once. Often the play was over before he said anything about the play. He seemed more interested in talking about what college some obscure player attended, or what Mike Zimmer said about Terrance Newman 12 years ago — right in the middle of the play!

Somebody please tell me that he was doing simulcast, and forgot he was also on radio, and that he’s not normally that bad. I ended up turning it off.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Yeah I felt bad for Broncos fans, they must have been pissed. The whole game felt like a protest, like no one wanted to play and no one cared. The Vikings were down 33-6 and handing the ball off to a UDFA RB while the announcers are interviewing Patrick Peterson about bass fishing. Just bizarre and such a bad product even for a preseason game.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I feel bad for fans that wasted their money to see an embarrassing display
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Thaumaturgist wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:04 pm AJ Rose is having a heck of a game.
If Rose keeps it up, he will make the team
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:22 pm
Thaumaturgist wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:04 pm AJ Rose is having a heck of a game.
If Rose keeps it up, he will make the team
More upside than Abdullah, who is redundant with our new rookie kick returner whos name escapes me.

He looked really good on offense.

Mond was better than I thought he would be with just 3 practices. If I didn't know any better I would think Browning was the guy who missed most of camp and not him.

On defense, Boyd was the only positive I saw, which is probably why Zimmer was so pissed after the game.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

To think I stayed home to watch this damn game? The yolk's on me.

When I think about the fact that they have QB1a and 1b fighting to be the starter, this result makes sense. Lock and Teddy both felt the need to impress. They were working with their 1s, we mostly were not.

Even so, we had some of the same exact issues as last season: poor play in the trenches (both DL and OL) and some major breakdowns in the secondary.

The only glimmer of hope, IMO, was from Mond, who looked the part, despite having such limited time to practice. Now, if we can just get his uninformed #### to vaccinate.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:42 am To think I stayed home to watch this damn game? The yolk's on me.

When I think about the fact that they have QB1a and 1b fighting to be the starter, this result makes sense. Lock and Teddy both felt the need to impress. They were working with their 1s, we mostly were not.

Even so, we had some of the same exact issues as last season: poor play in the trenches (both DL and OL) and some major breakdowns in the secondary.

The only glimmer of hope, IMO, was from Mond, who looked the part, despite having such limited time to practice. Now, if we can just get his uninformed #### to vaccinate.
It is not going to happen since it is his body and his choice just like Cousins, Theilen, and Harrison so you need to accept it and move on
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:12 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:42 am To think I stayed home to watch this damn game? The yolk's on me.

It is not going to happen since it is his body and his choice just like Cousins, Theilen, and Harrison so you need to accept it and move on
I am not sure how you managed to misunderstand, I guess it's par for the course these days, but what I'm referring to is that I hope that he will, of his own volition, make the choice to get vaccinated. Am I allowed to harbor such hope? Do I need to check in with you first?
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:57 pm

I am not sure how you managed to misunderstand, I guess it's par for the course these days, but what I'm referring to is that I hope that he will, of his own volition, make the choice to get vaccinated. Am I allowed to harbor such hope? Do I need to check in with you first?
Do not hold your breath on it
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

With all due respect TV, no that is not what you did. You called him “uninformed ” and then used some word that was blocked to describe someone making a personal medical decision. I thought this type of commentary was supposed to be banned, but apparently the moderators agree with your opinion so I guess that makes it ok
VikingTom
Starter

Post by VikingTom »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:21 pm

With all due respect TV, no that is not what you did. You called him “uninformed ” and then used some word that was blocked to describe someone making a personal medical decision. I thought this type of commentary was supposed to be banned, but apparently the moderators agree with your opinion so I guess that makes it ok
TV referred to the QBs not vaccinated as uninformed. I agree with that, they are. Guessing Cousins didn't play because the NFL would not approve his plexiglass shield to keep everyone 6 feet or more from him on the sidelines and field.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:21 pmI thought this type of commentary was supposed to be banned, but apparently the moderators agree with your opinion so I guess that makes it ok
Please quote me the board rule you feel was violated in such a heinous way. I can assure you we’ve had multiple posts on both sides that went FAR beyond this one with no one getting banned.