WR DeDe Westbrook Working Out With Vikings

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

WR DeDe Westbrook Working Out With Vikings

Post by Rhodes Closed »

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1418641384412696584
The #Vikings are working out former #Jaguars speedy WR DeDe Westbrook tomorrow, source said, as Westbrook indicated on Instagram. He has three teams interested, but will likely sign in Minnesota if all goes well. The familiarity with former Jax WRs coach Keenan McCardell helps.
Guuuuys, we're getting our #3! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
VikingTom
Starter

Re: WR DeDe Westbrook Working Out With Vikings

Post by VikingTom »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:09 pm https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1418641384412696584
The #Vikings are working out former #Jaguars speedy WR DeDe Westbrook tomorrow, source said, as Westbrook indicated on Instagram. He has three teams interested, but will likely sign in Minnesota if all goes well. The familiarity with former Jax WRs coach Keenan McCardell helps.
Guuuuys, we're getting our #3! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Interesting news indeed. Need better WR depth. Not a lot of experience if Jefferson or Thielen have to miss a few games.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

If this guy is as good as some are hyping him up to be he wouldn't be on the market anymore.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingTom
Starter

Post by VikingTom »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:10 pm If this guy is as good as some are hyping him up to be he wouldn't be on the market anymore.
He tore an ACL, not much action last year. Previous two years had over 60 catches. Drafted in 2017, still relatively young. Vikings need someone at the #3 with some experience. May hear a decision tomorrow. For myself I would like to see more depth at WR. Nobody is looking at him as a starter. He should be an upgrade over B Johnson, and Beebe.
Last edited by VikingTom on Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

VikingTom wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:23 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:10 pm If this guy is as good as some are hyping him up to be he wouldn't be on the market anymore.
He tore an ACL, not much action last year. Previous two years had over 60 catches. Drafted in 2017, still relatively young. Vikings need someone at the #3 with some experience. May here a decision tomorrow. For myself I would like to see more depth at WR. Nobody is looking at him as a starter. He should be an upgrade over B Johnson, and Beebe.
Yeah I mean most would be an upgrade over those two. I wish they had drafted a wide receiver myself.
mael·strom

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I am a Sooners fan so I am very excited if he signs with Vikings! :thumbsup:
VikingTom
Starter

Post by VikingTom »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:13 pm I am a Sooners fan so I am very excited if he signs with Vikings! :thumbsup:
Speaking of the Sooners, what do you think about the story making the rounds of the Sooners and Texas joining the SEC?

I have read the Saints may also be hoping to sign Westbrook. Their receiving corp has taken a couple hits and they find themselves in need at that position. As for the Vikings, what I read keeps sounding like the visit is a formality and people feel he will sign with them. Kinda makes ya wonder if the contract parameters have already been taken care of with his agent. We shall see.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:26 pm
VikingTom wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:23 pm

He tore an ACL, not much action last year. Previous two years had over 60 catches. Drafted in 2017, still relatively young. Vikings need someone at the #3 with some experience. May here a decision tomorrow. For myself I would like to see more depth at WR. Nobody is looking at him as a starter. He should be an upgrade over B Johnson, and Beebe.
Yeah I mean most would be an upgrade over those two. I wish they had drafted a wide receiver myself.
We did draft a WR and according to all reports he's pretty good.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:48 am

This is what I was wondering, VV.
My first thought was, I wonder if they are not impressed by Mars Smith so far? Or is that reading too much into this?
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingTom wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:41 am
RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:13 pm I am a Sooners fan so I am very excited if he signs with Vikings! :thumbsup:
Speaking of the Sooners, what do you think about the story making the rounds of the Sooners and Texas joining the SEC?

I have read the Saints may also be hoping to sign Westbrook. Their receiving corp has taken a couple hits and they find themselves in need at that position. As for the Vikings, what I read keeps sounding like the visit is a formality and people feel he will sign with them. Kinda makes ya wonder if the contract parameters have already been taken care of with his agent. We shall see.
I have mixed feelings about it, I will be sad that Sooners will not winning Big 12 titles anymore and defeating Cowboys every year but on the other hand, at least Sooners will not get upset by Iowa State almost every year and Roll Tide-Sooners games every year would be fun so I just really hope it will work out for the best if Sooners move to the SEC
VikingTom
Starter

Post by VikingTom »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:05 am

My first thought was, I wonder if they are not impressed by Mars Smith so far? Or is that reading too much into this?
Mars Smith from what I have read has had a few more drops than you might wish to see, good speed, but needs improved route running. Then of course he is a rookie WR. Not many rookies shine their first season in the NFL.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Totally forgot about him. Hopefully he turns out to be good. My expectations aren't too high. I would have liked to see them draft one earlier.
mael·strom

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:05 am

Early in his career Westbrook was a rising star. He fell off the map recently. I'm simply very unsure of what we are getting assuming we sign him. I don't believe signing Westbrook would be any indication that we are unhappy with ISM.
VikingTom
Starter

Post by VikingTom »

Westbrook signs one year deal with Vikings.

https://www.twincities.com/2021/07/24/w ... h-vikings/
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

VikingTom wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:48 pm Westbrook signs one year deal with Vikings.

https://www.twincities.com/2021/07/24/w ... h-vikings/

At best, we have a WR3 that could possibly contribute to the team far outside this year, and at worst we have an excellent special teams player that can help teach the younger players the name of the game. Anybody who doesn't like this move I don't think really understands how much of a win-win it is. It really is as simple as getting either the Jake Reed to our Moss & Carter, or we get our new Cordarelle Patterson. :rock: