J Jefferson throwing shade at Cousins

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Spot & Stalk Vike
Backup

J Jefferson throwing shade at Cousins

Post by Spot & Stalk Vike »

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... fk3vfoloyo

I guess it's not something we don't already know about Cousins. The guys doesn't exactly exude confidence or swagger.

Not sure this sort of thing helps us at all though.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: J Jefferson throwing shade at Cousins

Post by Rhodes Closed »

This is such a non-story. :roll:

He's complimenting Joe Burrow and people are reading way too much into what he says, and no #### the Vikings are getting ready for a post-Cousins franchise, they drafted his successor to start in three-four years.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Spot & Stalk Vike wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:34 pm https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... fk3vfoloyo

I guess it's not something we don't already know about Cousins. The guys doesn't exactly exude confidence or swagger.

Maybe Burrow isn't afraid to get hit because he's younger and dumber?

Jefferson will soon learn that virtually anything he says in public can (and will, most likely) be twisted to suit some narrative.

Best thing to do is let his play do the talking, at least when it comes to his colleagues.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

VikingLord wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:33 pm
Spot & Stalk Vike wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:34 pm https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... fk3vfoloyo

Jefferson will soon learn that virtually anything he says in public can (and will, most likely) be twisted to suit some narrative.

Best thing to do is let his play do the talking, at least when it comes to his colleagues.
I don't even know if Swagger is a good thing. Johnny Football had lots of swagger. Joe Montana had quiet confidence. I'd prefer quiet confidence.
Spot & Stalk Vike
Backup

Post by Spot & Stalk Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:04 pm
VikingLord wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:33 pm

I don't even know if Swagger is a good thing. Johnny Football had lots of swagger. Joe Montana had quiet confidence. I'd prefer quiet confidence.
Pfffft...Brady has swagger, Rogers has swagger, Hebert and Allen have swagger, Farve had swagger.

Johnny football was a pure idiot thru and thru.

I think you're confusing arrogance for swagger.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

This particular instance may be a non-story, it makes sense for JJ to talk up Burrow. It's different when you play with a guy and a team that you chose, versus the NFL where you don't have a say.

A lot of people say Diggs is a diva but I don't remember him being that way until the end was near. JJ has the famous "throw the #### flag (route), Kirk!" that got caught on TV. Even Thielen and Cousins have gotten into it on the sidelines. That could all just be really competitive guys letting the moment get the best of them, it's tough to say but we've had 3 very good/elite receivers on this team and all have openly expressed frustration with Cousins at one time or another. At some point, you have to start wondering.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

S197 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:13 pm This particular instance may be a non-story, it makes sense for JJ to talk up Burrow. It's different when you play with a guy and a team that you chose, versus the NFL where you don't have a say.

A lot of people say Diggs is a diva but I don't remember him being that way until the end was near. JJ has the famous "throw the #### flag (route), Kirk!" that got caught on TV. Even Thielen and Cousins have gotten into it on the sidelines. That could all just be really competitive guys letting the moment get the best of them, it's tough to say but we've had 3 very good/elite receivers on this team and all have openly expressed frustration with Cousins at one time or another. At some point, you have to start wondering.
Cousins just has to see a route come open. He's not good at anticipating throws or throwing routes open.

I can imagine that is frustrating at times for a receiver who knows he's got his coverage beat, and it's probably true that another QB would let it rip in the same situation, but that's just not Cousins.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Spot & Stalk Vike wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:44 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:04 pm

Pfffft...Brady has swagger, Rogers has swagger, Hebert and Allen have swagger, Farve had swagger.

Johnny football was a pure idiot thru and thru.

I think you're confusing arrogance for swagger.
I've never noticed swagger with Brady. Rodgers and Favre yes. I haven't seen enough of Herbert and Allen to know if they have swagger. I know Montana didn't. Bradshaw did. I do associate swagger with arrogance so I'm not confusing it. Quiet confidence is much preferred by me, but players can be great with swagger or without.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

S197 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:13 pm This particular instance may be a non-story, it makes sense for JJ to talk up Burrow. It's different when you play with a guy and a team that you chose, versus the NFL where you don't have a say.

I think you're trying to make an issue where there isn't one. My best friend and I played ultimate together and we made an amazing tandem, but there were heated exchanges as well.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:50 pm

I think you're trying to make an issue where there isn't one. My best friend and I played ultimate together and we made an amazing tandem, but there were heated exchanges as well.
Sure, like I said it could be nothing. But that's the same thing fans said about Diggs. A lot of fans were saying the media was making stuff up or blowing it out of proportion and there were no issues. Turns out, there was a lot of friction there. So maybe a rookie swearing at his QB to throw the ball is just heat of the moment stuff. But I think it's something that's harder to dismiss because it's not just one guy at this point.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

S197 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:38 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:50 pm
Sure, like I said it could be nothing. But that's the same thing fans said about Diggs. A lot of fans were saying the media was making stuff up or blowing it out of proportion and there were no issues. Turns out, there was a lot of friction there. So maybe a rookie swearing at his QB to throw the ball is just heat of the moment stuff. But I think it's something that's harder to dismiss because it's not just one guy at this point.
All I know is that Cousins extremely accurate passing to those guys has made Thielen and Diggs ridiculously wealthy and Jefferson who is already very wealthy is going to become ridiculously wealthy also.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

People that reacted to that quote have never played football in their lives. Its not being a diva, its not being a cancer. No one is beyond reproach and that reproach in the middle of a game isn't always filled with Please and thank yous. The sideline incident with AT and KC was about how he wanted the route run. Kirk was looking for a quick corner route but had to hold the ball when AT ran a double move. AT ran an inside move back to the corner (not quite a post corner) and kirk was telling him, I don't have time to hold the ball. Again, not a big deal but people blew it up.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

If Justin thinks Burrow has more swagger then Vikings should trade him to the Bengals
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:45 pm If Justin thinks Burrow has more swagger then Vikings should trade him to the Bengals
Randy I think I lost a couple IQ points just by reading this post and I suspect the same thing with others.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I don't see this as a big deal but if I had to choose who to keep around long term between JJ and Kirk I'm going JJ by a mile at this point.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.