Season schedule

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Season schedule

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I saw that Vikings will be on the road against Bengals in the season opener, full schedule will be released tonight, I hope Vikings will get a late bye
Spot & Stalk Vike
Backup

Re: Season schedule

Post by Spot & Stalk Vike »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:51 am I saw that Vikings will be on the road against Bengals in the season opener, full schedule will be released tonight, I hope Vikings will get a late bye
FYI...we have the 5th hardest strength of schedule this year for the entire league. Hope we play better than last year!
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Spot & Stalk Vike wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:23 am
RandyMoss84 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:51 am I saw that Vikings will be on the road against Bengals in the season opener, full schedule will be released tonight, I hope Vikings will get a late bye
FYI...we have the 5th hardest strength of schedule this year for the entire league. Hope we play better than last year!
If not , Zimmer and Speilman needs to be fired
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

Being a lifelong Viking fan living near Indianapolis it is tempting to go to Cincy opening week. I could go down Saturday and stay at a nice hotel across the river in Covington and walk 20 minutes to Paul Brown Stadium on Sunday. Or get up early, save the money on a hotel, and drive 2 hours to the game. Or go down Saturday, spend the night with My daughter and her husband and 4 kids....
Also, although I dropped the Sunday Ticket last year, they usually show week 1 for free.
Decisions, Decisions.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Vikings are playing Bears at home in last game of season, I am sick of that crap
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.c ... atform=amp

Vikings playing 3 games at home before week 7 bye is pretty nice
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I’m optimistic about most things, but there is not much room to breathe on this schedule. The “easiest” game might be the opener. NFC West/AFC North is a tough combo of divisions.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:00 am I’m optimistic about most things, but there is not much room to breathe on this schedule. The “easiest” game might be the opener. NFC West/AFC North is a tough combo of divisions.
I really like the schedule before the bye. However from weeks 14-18, it's going to be extremely tough
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:29 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:00 am I’m optimistic about most things, but there is not much room to breathe on this schedule. The “easiest” game might be the opener. NFC West/AFC North is a tough combo of divisions.
I really like the schedule before the bye. However from weeks 14-18, it's going to be extremely tough
Those first six are super, super important. Winnable games against the Bengals and Cardinals (although on the road), then home for two very tough opponents in the Seahawks and Browns. Get through those at 3-1, and the schedule looks a lot better with the Lions and Panthers before the bye. 5-1 is not out of the question.

But man, after the bye, things tighten up a lot. The Cowboys come to town, and if Dak is healthy, they'll be really tough. Then it's east coast to Baltimore, followed by west coast to LA to face a talented Chargers squad. Playing on opposite coasts in consecutive weeks is no picnic for any team. Then we get Green Bay at home ... if Rodgers is playing, that'll be a dogfight as usual. Then back to the west coast to face what I believe will be a much improved 49ers team. Atlantic and Pacific coast games in 3 of 4 weeks. The schedule makers didn't do us any favors there.

We HAVE to get off to a good start before the bye. I'd say 4-2 is the worst we can be if we want to have a shot at the division.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

My predictions for this season that totally won't be real.

If Rodgers Doesn't Play: 14-3

If Rodgers Does Play: 12-5

Our Losses: Browns, Bears, and Ravens
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

ERIK the PURPLE wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:39 pm Being a lifelong Viking fan living near Indianapolis it is tempting to go to Cincy opening week. I could go down Saturday and stay at a nice hotel across the river in Covington and walk 20 minutes to Paul Brown Stadium on Sunday. Or get up early, save the money on a hotel, and drive 2 hours to the game. Or go down Saturday, spend the night with My daughter and her husband and 4 kids....
Also, although I dropped the Sunday Ticket last year, they usually show week 1 for free.
Decisions, Decisions.
Erik the Purple you are about a half hour closer to Cincy than I am. I'm live up in the Van Wert Ohio area so we r a straight shot North of you. We actually go to Indy quite a bit. My daughter and son in law are in Dublin ( Columbus) and we have already talked about the 4 of us going to this game. Son in law is a big Browns fan and hes already talking smack about what they r gonna do to us lol.
I almost went to the Vikes / Bengals game the last time they played in Cincy. I was gonna go with a few Bengals fans. It was a blessing I didn't cuz that day the absolutely destroyed us!! It would have been a real long day.
If both of us do end up going maybe we can meet up before the game and chat up a little bit and represent our colors amidst the sea of orange and black.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Those of you that think this is the year the Vikings can win it all, they're +4000 in Vegas right now.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Pretty tough schedule. Zimmer is going to have a tough time keeping his odd year success rate going.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Our schedule is a tough one. Then we have this for the bears.
Bear down. The Bears don't have to play consecutive road games at any point this season. This marks just the fourth time since 2010 that's happened.
https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEO ... id=US%3Aen
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:59 am Pretty tough schedule. Zimmer is going to have a tough time keeping his odd year success rate going.
This is going to be a great year for us! 11-6 at the worst.