The Bucs Stop Here

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: The Bucs Stop Here

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I'm not super optimistic about this game. I think they'll shut down the run and then we will see if they can block JPP and Barrett. I do believe the WRs could do damage if protection holds.

Defensively they need to shut down the run with the front 7 and keep safeties deep. Donovan Smith is average and can be exploited. Our young corners will be tested and will need safety help. Losing Kendricks hurts.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

If Vikings can finally defeat Brady tomorrow, it would be a huge lift off our shoulders
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

More on the Bucs' blitzing.

In weeks 9-13 when the Bucs have blitzed, they've allowed a 79.2% completion percentage for a passer rating of 148.2, with 8 TDs and no INTs. Of course, two of those games were against the Rams and Chiefs, but Teddy torched them, as well.

Interesting.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

How good is the Bucs pass blocking? I was thinking we should pressure brady to get rid of the ball quicker since he's not a mobile QB.
kidfozzy.
Starter

Post by kidfozzy. »

Bucs defense has been exposed the past 3 games, but offensively with the healthiest Mike Evans has ever been this season; it would be an absolute miracle to pull off the W here.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:07 pm How good is the Bucs pass blocking? I was thinking we should pressure brady to get rid of the ball quicker since he's not a mobile QB.
He's never been mobile but he's one of the best at extending plays inside the pocket.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Passepartout
Backup

Post by Passepartout »

He may not be a double threat but when it comes down to it, Brady is indeed the best. As he has a quick release!
Ready for Halloween
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Huge test today for Zimmer. Without Kendricks, Rudy, possibly Irv, possibly Gladney... and our whole OL is dinged up... Zimmer is going to have to scheme around the huge hole in the middle of the D with Kendricks out, and that is precisely where Brady likes to work. Regarding match up, I'm nervous about two things beyond our injuries: 1) you can beat Brady by pressuring him, but we have a weak DL that has not generated much pressure at all. 2) TB's DL and LBs are good at getting pressure and stuffing the run and our OL has been inconsistent, and all of them are dealing with injuries. I'm also not convinced that Dalvin is 100%, and he doesn't run with the same ferocity when he's dinged up. Oh, I forgot that we're also without Mattison.

I hope we can stay in this game. :v):
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Congratulations to Brady on being undefeated against the Vikings, I wish Vikings would finally defeat Brady but I guess it is not meant to be, the offensive line sucked today, I miss a great offensive line and it is time to cut Bailey, 5 missed field goals and 2 extra points is ridiculous, it is time to move on and find another kicker, why do we always have kicker woes?
Poophead
Waterboy

Post by Poophead »

He is the GOAT though.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Sorry but the GOAT got his fair share of help from the Zebras, seems like a reoccurring theme for us.
And our dead legged kicker just sapped the momentum out of us. Please cut him and move on.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:09 pm Sorry but the GOAT got his fair share of help from the Zebras, seems like a reoccurring theme for us.
And our dead legged kicker just sapped the momentum out of us. Please cut him and move on.
Bailey will be cut after the season since there is no available kickers on the market right now to replace Bailey
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:13 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:09 pm Sorry but the GOAT got his fair share of help from the Zebras, seems like a reoccurring theme for us.
Bailey will be cut after the season since there is no available kickers on the market right now to replace Bailey
Unfortunately you are probably spot on. His confidence has to be completely shot and will in now way be able to be trusted the rest of the season.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

He won’t make the day tomorrow before he has to clean out his locker
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Raz wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:18 pm

He won’t make the day tomorrow before he has to clean out his locker
Then who is going to replace him then?