2nd Half Schedule Predictions.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 2nd Half Schedule Predictions.

Post by fiestavike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:15 am Some pretty crazy predictions here. Good write up. However, one thing I will say, I dont see the Cowboys beating us. At least we still have a fairly talented offense for the most part. The Cowboys are currently starting Ben DiNucci at QB.

I also dont think Zim retires and I dont believe the season will be postponed. Overall, it was a good read!
They could be starting Kirk Cousins if they wanted to. :beerock:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

fiestavike wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:41 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:15 am Some pretty crazy predictions here. Good write up. However, one thing I will say, I dont see the Cowboys beating us. At least we still have a fairly talented offense for the most part. The Cowboys are currently starting Ben DiNucci at QB.

I also dont think Zim retires and I dont believe the season will be postponed. Overall, it was a good read!
:lol: :lol:

We could finally get them back for the Herschel Walker trade!!!

You're only 0.5 out of 1st! Make the move, Jerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:59 am
fiestavike wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:41 am

:lol: :lol:

We could finally get them back for the Herschel Walker trade!!!

You're only 0.5 out of 1st! Make the move, Jerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Foreman44

Dallas isn’t as stupid as Minnesota at trades
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

Good analysis but more liberal in the win column than I would have been. I’m still shell shocked from advancing in the playoff last year to competing for the first draft pick less than a year later. How many teams have fell apart this fast? Can’t be very many.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StanM wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:06 am Good analysis but more liberal in the win column than I would have been. I’m still shell shocked from advancing in the playoff last year to competing for the first draft pick less than a year later. How many teams have fell apart this fast? Can’t be very many.
When you combine losing a lot of veterans in free agency with key players on your team being done for the year, it's a recipe for a team to fall apart.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'm in agreement with most of those predictions although I don't think the scores will be that lopsided. I think we'll beat the Lions because Zimmer seems to have their number every year. I don't think we'll beat the Bears though, he's yet to figure out Nagy no matter how good or bad they are.

I also agree they'll be 1 surprise win, I'm thinking possibly Carolina. In total 3-4 wins is doable especially with the Cowboys imploding.
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:57 am I'm actually pretty excited to see Harrison Hand [in] action this weekend.
At first I thought you were quoting Aaron Rogers there! :D

It's funny I thought about your statement and realized I am always at least a little excited to see individual Vikes players make their debut, first meaningful start, first start back from injury, etc. No matter how bad the team is or how bad the odds are in the game. I'll always watch and pretty much always look forward to watching at least some aspect, no matter what!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I think it all comes down to the Lions game.

We're going to lose to Green Bay. I have no doubt about that.

If we lose to Detroit at home, we're toast. I believe the team will fall apart at the seams.

To my mind, a Detroit loss puts at 2-3 wins max, and that's only if we can manage to beat Jacksonville and Dallas.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

psjordan wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:06 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:57 am I'm actually pretty excited to see Harrison Hand [in] action this weekend.
At first I thought you were quoting Aaron Rogers there! :D

It's funny I thought about your statement and realized I am always at least a little excited to see individual Vikes players make their debut, first meaningful start, first start back from injury, etc. No matter how bad the team is or how bad the odds are in the game. I'll always watch and pretty much always look forward to watching at least some aspect, no matter what!
Foreman44

This is a weird year for me. It’s actually the first time since 1962 as a Viking fan that I am fine tanking for a QB. Even though the odds of Trevor or even Fields very slim at best...

Think it’s a multiple of things. The kneeling.. protests, COVID, etc, like baseball but hard getting into a season where stats are meaningless, records meaningless, playoff teams bogus. In football no tailgating, no roads or minimal at best. The unknown if COVID would strike a team down any given week...

But this year I feel different that way. That I never feel this way again.. I am generally the anti tank unbeliever. Always fighting for a win... be competitive....

I am a believer that you can find talent throughout the draft. Just have to find it. There are the John Randles/Theilens/Werner’s/Brady’s//Diggs/ out there. You just have to find them. I understand. The odds increase with a top 5 pick over a 95 or later pick. Just need to be wise,..

QBs a little harder... I still wish we went Russell Wilson in the second,
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

I was wrong... we drafted Harrison Smith first round that year. Good choice.

We had no second rounder.

But we drafted Josh Robinson in the 3rd before Russell Wilson, who would you rather have.

I know this falls in hind sight is 2020... But it still falls under drafting the best picks the right picks.

Can you wonder the difference in this team with Russell the past 11 years..

In reality IMO. If a team had just seven picks a year. If one drafted the best player that round available, one could end up with the top NFL draft each year, among the best ever.

Unfortunately easier said than done.

Wilson wasn’t tall enough for a NFL QB..

Plus we get two first round picks and use one for Demetrius Underwood, even after his college coach warned us,..,

Wonder how far down he would have dropped if not for Minnesota’s wisdom
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The Vikings beat the Packers in order to leave fans with at least a shred of hope. Which they immediately dash by losing for the next several weeks. They pull out another win somewhere along the line. Maybe one of the Lions game.

Coaching and management remains intact unless any chooses to leave.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cliff wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:20 am The Vikings beat the Packers in order to leave fans with at least a shred of hope. Which they immediately dash by losing for the next several weeks. They pull out another win somewhere along the line. Maybe one of the Lions game.

This is the way.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:15 am
StanM wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:06 am Good analysis but more liberal in the win column than I would have been. I’m still shell shocked from advancing in the playoff last year to competing for the first draft pick less than a year later. How many teams have fell apart this fast? Can’t be very many.
When you combine losing a lot of veterans in free agency with key players on your team being done for the year, it's a recipe for a team to fall apart.
That happens to poorly constructed teams
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Cliff wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:20 am The Vikings beat the Packers in order to leave fans with at least a shred of hope. Which they immediately dash by losing for the next several weeks. They pull out another win somewhere along the line. Maybe one of the Lions game.

Prediction one, complete.
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

Well as long as we are tooting horns:
psjordan wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:06 pm We will win one game that absolutely NO ONE thinks we will win. So that means either GB, healthy CAR or TB... After the one win, a large portion of this board will be excited enough to ask if we've turned the corner?
Please, no one ask if we've turned the corner.