Vikings fans...Why should we be surprised?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purplepain2018
Backup

Vikings fans...Why should we be surprised?

Post by Purplepain2018 »

The Vikings organization has a storied history of blowing games just like the one we witnessed on Sunday night. It is a complete chaos and not knowing what to do and when to do it. The smart money would have been to not only take the extra point earlier when they tried a two point conversion and failed, but also at the end of the fourth quarter the smart money would have been to kick the field goal and make it a eight point game and if they had converted the earlier failed two point conversion they would have had a nine point lead.

I get the Vikings are young in the secondary and missing a lot of experience on the defense and plus it is huge that Danielle Hunter is out. It has to go back to coaching. The Vikings fans are not getting the kind of coaching that other teams are getting across the league and that is a huge reason their record is 1-4. I have always said that Zimmer is a good defensive coach, but overall not a good head coach. I would like to see Zimmer turn in his whistle and just walk away. We need new thinking if this team is ever going to reach it's full potential.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings fans...Why should we be surprised?

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I'm a broken record, but I'll say it again for about the 12th time.

The problem wasn't going for it on 4th down.

The problem was that Zimmer's entire mindset was to run out the clock.

Go back 1, 2, 3 plays from the critical 4th-down non-conversion. Go play-action against a defense that was gassed and committing 8 in the box to stop the run. Score a touchdown to go up by 12. Game over.

Instead, Zimmer played to run out the clock. He played not to lose. He lost.

The issue is overall philosophy, and it's been this way for Zimmer's entire tenure.

One other person talked about whether we should really trust Kirk Cousins, with his track record, to throw the ball in a late-game situation when the run is working so well.

I will counter with this question. Should we have trusted that defense, with two rookie corners and a bunch of depth players on the D-line, to stop Russell Wilson and D.K. Metcalf late in a game where a touchdown beats us?

Win the damn game when you have the chance, and it's all moot.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Re: Vikings fans...Why should we be surprised?

Post by Foreman44 »

Another loss to the powerhouse Atlanta Falcons.who just fired there

Fire Zim for the win.

Never been a fan of tanking a season. But what’s the use this year to win, we are not going no where.

Time to rebuild. Coach, GM, Cousins. Go youth. Be picky with who we keep