Pathetic

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Pathetic

Post by Mothman »

I doubt this team will climb out of last place this season, although the Lions might enable them to do that.

We'll see what happens but a team can only stagnate under this kind of leadership for so long before it catches up with them and it looks like this might be the season it catches up with the Vikes. Last offseason was a good time to blow things up, change leadership, prepare to move on from Cousins by drafting a young QB, etc. Instead, the Vikings foolishly remain committed to Spielman, Zimmer, Cousins and disappointment.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Mothman wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:27 pm I doubt this team will climb out of last place this season, although the Lions might enable them to do that.

We'll see what happens but a team can only stagnate under this kind of leadership for so long before it catches up with them and it looks like this might be the season it catches up with the Vikes. Last offseason was a good time to blow things up, change leadership, prepare to move on from Cousins by drafting a young QB, etc. Instead, the Vikings foolishly remain committed to Spielman, Zimmer, Cousins and disappointment.
I agree. You know, i can usually tell if its just a game or theres a serious issue. They're more than likely getting a top 3 pick this year. There is no denying that, preseason or no preseason, when your defense cant get off the field for two games in a row its a pretty good sign of how things are going to be for a while. Especially against a not very good colts team. On paper and in reality they should have won this game easily and laid another egg. They look lost . Not prepared and it appears for two games in a row they have given up before halftime. The nail in the coffin was extending cousins.

They wont admit to tanking. And i dont think they are to be honest, but i dont see them snapping out of this, i hope im wrong but i see a top 3 pick in the draft coming up
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I’m not going to lie, thinking we have a shot at Lawrence is hilarious
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Boon wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:43 pm
Mothman wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:27 pm I doubt this team will climb out of last place this season, although the Lions might enable them to do that.

I agree. You know, i can usually tell if its just a game or theres a serious issue. They're more than likely getting a top 3 pick this year. There is no denying that, preseason or no preseason, when your defense cant get off the field for two games in a row its a pretty good sign of how things are going to be for a while. Especially against a not very good colts team. On paper and in reality they should have won this game easily and laid another egg. They look lost . Not prepared and it appears for two games in a row they have given up before halftime. The nail in the coffin was extending cousins.

They wont admit to tanking. And i dont think they are to be honest, but i dont see them snapping out of this, i hope im wrong but i see a top 3 pick in the draft coming up
Ok...They're looking pretty bad right now and it sucks, but let's be real...they still have enough talent to win enough games that #1 isn't happening.

The Jets are easily the worst team in football and may not win a game. Dolphins, Bengals, Broncos, Giants...

If any team is losing in purpose, it's the Falcons. :lol:
Last edited by PacificNorseWest on Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:54 pm I’m not going to lie, thinking we have a shot at Lawrence is hilarious
Why wouldnt they? This isnt even about close games. They got literally curb stomped two games in a row and THIS week in particular vs a team they should have beat. And look at the rest of the schedule.......

I think the only issue would be a team jumping them in a trade because they dont pick first. But it will be top 3....book it now
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Boon wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:59 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:54 pm I’m not going to lie, thinking we have a shot at Lawrence is hilarious
Why wouldnt they? This isnt even about close games. They got literally curb stomped two games in a row and THIS week in particular vs a team they should have beat. And look at the rest of the schedule.......

I think the only issue would be a team jumping them in a trade because they dont pick first. But it will be top 3....book it now
There are plenty of teams out there that have less talent and are much worse. Thats quite obvious
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Let's not forget, there are 7 playoff seeds now. No way a vet coach and mostly vet team is giving in this early.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:02 pm
Boon wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:59 pm

There are plenty of teams out there that have less talent and are much worse. Thats quite obvious
Stats say otherwise
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I bet Zygi is really regretting a lot of decisions he’s made recently, the amount the Vikings will be set back by the extensions and lack of cap space is going to be staggering. But honestly this fanbase by in large was content with slightly better than average so the choice of continuity over taking a risk at greatness is understandable. Perhaps it stems from years of poor coaching and a carousel of QBs but I always found it odd that a team with zero championships is content with moral victories and a playoff win here and there.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

But honestly this fanbase by in large was content with slightly better than average
That just isn't true.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Boon wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:08 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:02 pm

Stats say otherwise
Stats mean very little 2 weeks into the season
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PacificNorseWest wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:07 pm Let's not forget, there are 7 playoff seeds now. No way a vet coach and mostly vet team is giving in this early.
No and it’s ridiculous to think they are. Especially Zim of all people. He’d retire before he’d lay down to get a good draft pick. But at the same time, he’s gotta figure his shi# out and get his best players on the field
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:02 pm
Boon wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:08 pm

Stats say otherwise
Stats mean very little 2 weeks into the season
Being 0-2 is a stat that has plenty of meaning.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

This team was never going to compete for a SB with all of the turnover on defense and losing their best play maker on offense.

There was hope for next year, we could have sacrificed wins this year to make 2021 better, and instead we decided to half-#### a rebuild and bank on rookies and 2nd stringers to make us relevant.

The Ngakoue trade, extending Cousins, not cutting Reiff, Elf and Stephen. That is picks and cap spent this year that are doing nothing to help the team win this season, and who will be gone or still not helping next season.

Rick gambled and lost and now this franchise will be set back years because of it.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:39 pm
But honestly this fanbase by in large was content with slightly better than average
That just isn't true.
I mean in aggregate, not specific to this forum. Of the 3, Cousins is the most polarizing. Zimmer has his doubters but is largely viewed as positive based on his winning record. Rick gets the most support as people point out his draft success while minimizing his misses.

The percentage of fans that prior to the season wanted all 3 gone? Very low. It’s easier to see with a larger sample size, like on Reddit where you would have been downvoted to oblivion for even suggesting blowing things up prior to the season.