Mock Draft Simulators

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Mock Draft Simulators

Post by fiestavike »

My first effort for the year. Big run on WR and OL early, but it left Kinlaw available. Not happy with lack of better OL prospects, and went with Spielman like effort of throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks at WR, emphasizing route running and well coached guys.

22, Javon Kinlaw, IDL
South Carolina

25, Xavier McKinney, S
Alabama

58, Jaylon Johnson, CB
Utah

89, Ben Bartch, OT
St. John

105, Van Jefferson, WR
Florida

132 Ben Bredeson, IOL
Michigan

155 Darrynton Evans, RB
Appalachian State

201 Binjimen Victor, WR
Ohio State

205 Austin Mack, WR
Ohio State

219 Shyheim Carter, S
Alabama

249 Reggie Corbin, RB
Illinois

253 Daniel Bituli, LB
Tennessee
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Mock Draft Simulators

Post by fiestavike »

22 Josh Jones, OT
Houston

25 Jeff Gladney, CB
TCU

58 Tee Higgins, WR
Clemson

89 Ben Bartch, OT
St. John

105 Khalid Kareem, EDGE
Notre Dame

132 Solomon Kindley, IOL
Georgia

155 Nevelle Clarke, CB
UCF

201 Lynn Bowden, WR
Kentucky

205 Reggie Corbin, RB
Illinois

219 David Dowell, S
Michigan State

249 Mike Panasiuk, IDL
Michigan State

253 Christian Rector, EDGE
USC
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

This kind of thing is great, but results here should show the name of the simulator used and any pre-simulation conditions as well.

My 7 round Vikings mock was done at https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine. I used the "Predictive Board" rankings for players.

22 - Justin Herbert, QB Oregon

Comments: Shocked to see Herbert still on the board here. Not sure why he fell to #22, but I shoot first and ask questions later in this mock.

25 - Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE Penn State

Comments: I like Matos a lot. I think he has a high ceiling and can develop into a star DE fairly quickly. Great value to improve the edge of the DL and get younger at the same time.

58 - Marlon Davidson, IDL Auburn

Comments: Davidson gives the Vikings some size and great upside potential. Can contribute right away as a rotational player, but has the potential to step into a starting role and make an impact sooner rather than later. Improves the run defense in both the shorter and longer terms.

89 - Ben Bartch, OT St. John

Comments: Another guy I can't believe is still on the board. Bartch has to develop his game as a pro, but his upside is great. This is a player who can become an impact starter at OT if he's given that developmental time.

105 - K.J. Hill, WR Ohio State

Comments: Hill is a smart and instinctive WR. He's not a guy who is going to out-physical defenders, but if he's used correctly he can become a very effective and productive WR.

132 - Harrison Hand, CB Temple

Comments: What? My first CB this late in the draft? Yes. Suffice it to say, I think this is a very deep, relatively flat CB class. The more desperate teams will gorge themselves earlier in the draft on a lot of hype, but the players left behind after that early feeding frenzy can become very good players. Hand is one of those guys. Smart, instinctive player who can make plays on the ball while also not afraid to come up and lay some wood in run support. Like his potential.

155 - McTelvin Agim, IDL Arkansas

Comments: Agim is a disruptive presence along the DL who can make an impact in pass rushing situations and if allowed to mainly attack the LOS. He could develop into a more balanced player in time, but as a situational player he could be very valuable.

201 - Jauan Jennings, WR Tennessee

Comments: Just like his attitude and confidence and leadership. Has some skills and can make plays, but he's a rare bird at the WR position. Might be the steal of this draft for the Vikings.

205 - Scott Frantz, OT Kansas State

Comments: Experienced, reliable 3 year starter who can become a competent backup and has some potential as a starter.

219 - Binjimen Victor, WR Ohio State

Comments: Needs pro level coaching but Victor is a smart player with a ton of upside. To be honest, shocked he's still on the board here. If Jennings doesn't pan out as the steal of the draft for the Vikings, Victor is next most likely to be.

249 - Jaron Bryant, CB Fresno State

Comments: Quality guy with good potential if he works hard. Won't get the accolades at this point but can becomes something special if the Vikings show some patience.

253 - Chris Williamson, CB Minnesota

Comments: Had to make the last pick a Minnesota player.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingLord wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:57 pm This kind of thing is great, but results here should show the name of the simulator used and any pre-simulation conditions as well.

Good point. I also used the same site/settings.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Sandpounder27
Rookie

Post by Sandpounder27 »

I used pro football network mock simulator.

#22- Javon Kinlaw DL
#25- Denzel Mims WR
#58- A.J. Terrell CB
Trade #89,201,219 to move up to #84
#84- Neville Gallimore DL
#105- Chase Claypool WR
Traded #132,249 for 148, 184
#148- Damien Lewis G
#155- Anfernee Jennings DE
#184- Jonah Jackson G
#205- Josiah Scott CB
#253- Bryce Huff OLB

Would have liked to get better OL but they didn’t fall right for me. Tried to use extra 7th picks to move in the middle to get target guys.
Also tried to move up to #50 to get Jalen Hurts but Raiders wouldn’t deal, because they ended up taking him with the pick,lol.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Sandpounder27 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:20 pm I used pro football network mock simulator.

#22- Javon Kinlaw DL
#25- Denzel Mims WR
#58- A.J. Terrell CB
Trade #89,201,219 to move up to #84
#84- Neville Gallimore DL
#105- Chase Claypool WR
Traded #132,249 for 148, 184
#148- Damien Lewis G
#155- Anfernee Jennings DE
#184- Jonah Jackson G
#205- Josiah Scott CB
#253- Bryce Huff OLB

Would have liked to get better OL but they didn’t fall right for me. Tried to use extra 7th picks to move in the middle to get target guys.
Also tried to move up to #50 to get Jalen Hurts but Raiders wouldn’t deal, because they ended up taking him with the pick,lol.
pro football network mock simulator

Javon Kinlaw
DT South Carolina

Grant Delpit
S LSU

Tee Higgins
WR Clemson

Troy Pride Jr.
CB Notre Dame

Chase Claypool
WR Notre Dame

Solomon Kindley
G Georgia

Netane Muti
G Fresno State

Harrison Hand
CB Temple

Sewo Olonilua
RB TCU

Michael Divinity
OLB LSU

Myles Bryant
CB Washington

Christian Rector
DE USC
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

The Draft Network - Mock Draft Simulator

22 K'Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU

Too good to pass up. Offers scheme flexibility as 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB. Seeing him opposite Anthony Barr in a 3-4, or across from Danielle Hunter in a 4-3 is really exciting.

25 Josh Jones, OT, Houston

He's got tons of athleticism and upside. Projects best to a zone scheme. He might need a year to tune up. A counter argument, the vikings retained Rashad Hill and If they really like Udoh, I could see them going after another position, but I'm determined to use this draft to get competition along the OL in the hopes to FINALLY building and excellent unit up front.

58 Jonah Jackson, IOL, Ohio State

An athletic Guard from an OL factory, stout with an anchor is pass pro. I'd love to be able to plug him in at one of the G spots, or at least see him competing right out of the gate.

89 Van Jefferson, WR, Florida

Jefferson is seen as one of the best route runners in the draft. He'll have a partial redshirt as he recovers from surgery for a foot injury discovered at the combine. He's not the only WR I'm drafting this year, as I want to take advantage of the deep draft and throw a lot of bodies at the wall to see who sticks.

105 Solomon Kindley, IOL, Georgia

I keep drafting this guy, because I really like what he brings to the table, including athleticism combined with a stout build and a good anchor is pass pro. Gotta keep pressure from coming up the middle. I'm not sure I don't like him better than Jackson who I picked at 58. So, again, I'd love to be able to plug him in at one of the G spots, or at least see him competing right out of the gate.

132 Lynn Bowden, WR, Kentucky

He's a gadget player, potentially an immediate impact on PR and KR. He also can be schemed open on counters, play action, crossing routes and wr screens. I like Kirk's ability to hit the open man with accuracy, and I like Bowden's ability to maximize those opportunities when the ball is in his hands.

155 Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty

So far, one of my favorite WRs in this draft. I'm thrilled to get him at 155. He might be the best of the WRs selected so far, despite the small school pedigree.

201 A.J. Green, CB, Oklahoma State

Green has some good traits, but he's also a body to throw into the competition at CB. I predict the Vikings will hit the bargain bin for a couple veteran CBs before the draft, and it won't be as desperate an immediate need. Still, some developmental guys are going to be needed going forward. Green is a lottery ticket.

205 Kamal Martin, LB, Minnesota

Along with Chaisson, Martin is a guy who could fit well if the Vikings transition to a 3-4 (even situationally). He's a downhill thumper. Limitied, but does what he does pretty well. At 205 its a good value, and a kid from the local school.

219 Lavert Hill, CB, Michigan

See A.J. Green pick above.

249, Reggie Corbin, RB, Illinois

Immediate impact as a PR or KR a possibility. Also a dynamic runner. I like his upside and see a route for immediate contribution, which is a good haul for pick 249

253, Mike Panasiuk, IDL, Michigan State

I'd like to see what Patterson can do with this guy. At minimum he's a stout 2 down lineman. Can Patterson get more out of him? Probably not an immediate contributor, but I like the longshot for the upside with very minimal risk at pick 253.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Sandpounder27
Rookie

Post by Sandpounder27 »

fiestavike wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:17 am The Draft Network - Mock Draft Simulator

22 K'Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU

Too good to pass up. Offers scheme flexibility as 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB. Seeing him opposite Anthony Barr in a 3-4, or across from Danielle Hunter in a 4-3 is really exciting.

25 Josh Jones, OT, Houston

He's got tons of athleticism and upside. Projects best to a zone scheme. He might need a year to tune up. A counter argument, the vikings retained Rashad Hill and If they really like Udoh, I could see them going after another position, but I'm determined to use this draft to get competition along the OL in the hopes to FINALLY building and excellent unit up front.

58 Jonah Jackson, IOL, Ohio State

An athletic Guard from an OL factory, stout with an anchor is pass pro. I'd love to be able to plug him in at one of the G spots, or at least see him competing right out of the gate.

89 Van Jefferson, WR, Florida

Jefferson is seen as one of the best route runners in the draft. He'll have a partial redshirt as he recovers from surgery for a foot injury discovered at the combine. He's not the only WR I'm drafting this year, as I want to take advantage of the deep draft and throw a lot of bodies at the wall to see who sticks.

105 Solomon Kindley, IOL, Georgia

I keep drafting this guy, because I really like what he brings to the table, including athleticism combined with a stout build and a good anchor is pass pro. Gotta keep pressure from coming up the middle. I'm not sure I don't like him better than Jackson who I picked at 58. So, again, I'd love to be able to plug him in at one of the G spots, or at least see him competing right out of the gate.

132 Lynn Bowden, WR, Kentucky

He's a gadget player, potentially an immediate impact on PR and KR. He also can be schemed open on counters, play action, crossing routes and wr screens. I like Kirk's ability to hit the open man with accuracy, and I like Bowden's ability to maximize those opportunities when the ball is in his hands.

155 Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty

So far, one of my favorite WRs in this draft. I'm thrilled to get him at 155. He might be the best of the WRs selected so far, despite the small school pedigree.

201 A.J. Green, CB, Oklahoma State

Green has some good traits, but he's also a body to throw into the competition at CB. I predict the Vikings will hit the bargain bin for a couple veteran CBs before the draft, and it won't be as desperate an immediate need. Still, some developmental guys are going to be needed going forward. Green is a lottery ticket.

205 Kamal Martin, LB, Minnesota

Along with Chaisson, Martin is a guy who could fit well if the Vikings transition to a 3-4 (even situationally). He's a downhill thumper. Limitied, but does what he does pretty well. At 205 its a good value, and a kid from the local school.

219 Lavert Hill, CB, Michigan

See A.J. Green pick above.

249, Reggie Corbin, RB, Illinois

Immediate impact as a PR or KR a possibility. Also a dynamic runner. I like his upside and see a route for immediate contribution, which is a good haul for pick 249

253, Mike Panasiuk, IDL, Michigan State

I'd like to see what Patterson can do with this guy. At minimum he's a stout 2 down lineman. Can Patterson get more out of him? Probably not an immediate contributor, but I like the longshot for the upside with very minimal risk at pick 253.
I appreciate the scouting reports you include. I admittedly don’t follow college football a lot. I do read a ton of analysts, mock drafters etc. when I do mock drafts, I generally follow the list for the positions I think we are looking for, but I don’t know enough to know if that guy fits our system better than the next 3 guys might. So thanks for adding that kind of info.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PFN Mock Draft Simulator
I traded up to get Herbert. Got two really good WR prospects for him to grow with. Got two promising G prospects to shore up the interior of the line. Got two Scrappy CBs, one outside, and one nickel, and got two ILB prospects to aid in a possible transition to a 3-4, as well as a couple late round RBs, one of whom can contribute on special teams immediately.

Justin Herbert
QB Oregon

Tee Higgins
WR Clemson

Van Jefferson
WR Florida

Solomon Kindley
G Georgia

Amik Robertson
CB Louisiana Tech

Jonah Jackson
G Ohio State

Shaquille Quarterman
ILB Miami

Trajan Bandy
CB Miami

Sewo Olonilua
RB TCU

David Woodward
ILB Utah State

Reggie Corbin
RB Illinois
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

Most successful draft I had with this was picking all OL/DL until round 4, where I picked Tyler Johnson. Seemed to get really good value. Maybe this is the way to go? Beef up both lines?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Ran a second mock at The Draft Network simulator using the Player Rankings and got this:

If Herbert keeps falling to me in these simulators I'm going to keep taking him. Too good to pass up at #22, Cousins or no Cousins.

25 - Neville Gallimore, IDL Oklahoma

Great value for the interior DL here in Gallimore. He has a great chance of making an early impact, as well as developing into a very good DT who can anchor the line for a long time.

58 - Ben Bartch, OT St. John

I'm taking Bartch earlier than I'd like, but it seems in keeping with his rapidly rising stock. This is a tough pick for me because while I think Bartch will become an impact OG in the pros, he might not do it immediately. Tough to take a guy who could use a year's worth of development in the 2nd round, but it worked out with Brian O'Neill so I gamble here and take Bartch.

89 - Amik Robertson, CB Louisiana Tech

I like Robertson as a slot CB. He should thrive there fairly quickly.

105 - Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC

Vikings could use a big physical receiver and Pittman fills that bill nicely. He has decent speed for the pro level, but Pittman can thrive in the short and intermediate levels where he can use his size and body control to snag contested balls. He's not a flashy player, but I like his NFL pedigree and believe he can become a true #1 WR at the pro level.

132 - Solomon Kindley, IOL Georgia

Stoked to find Kindley still on the board this late. Ironically, Kindley is probably more pro-ready than Bartch heading into the season, but the Vikings need immediate help at both OG positions and Kindley is ready to go Day One, plus has a pretty high ceiling. If Bartch and Kindley both pan out and Bradbury develops as expected, the Vikings have an awesome interior OL before the end of next season.

More help for the interior of the DL. Agim has some potential to move outside as well. With Agim and Gallimore on the interior of the DL and Bartch and Kindley on the interior of the OL the Vikings are much stronger on both lines heading into the next few seasons.

201 - Lynn Bowden, WR Kentucky

Another player I can't believe is still on the board. Bowden can do it all. He can catch it, run it and throw it. Tough player who will do what is asked of him and do it well.

205 - Jaylinn Hawkins, S California

At this point in the draft I'm looking for depth and potential and Hawkins fits that bill. Has shown some ball hawk ability in college. Hone it and get him familiar with the scheme and let's see.

219 - Jaron Bryant, CB Fresno State

Like his toughness and discipline. Has real potential to become an impact player if given proper coaching and development time before being thrust into the fire.

249 - Joe Reed, WR Virginia

Versatile player who can at a minimum return kicks right away, but who also has a lot of potential to develop into a special player if given time to develop as a receiver.

253 - Levonta Taylor, CB Florida State

Came back from pretty severe back injury to compete and did a good job. I like his competitiveness and toughness and while I don't think he makes the team, I give him that chance.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

As a Sooners fan, I love Gallimore pick :thumbsup:
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingLord wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:46 pm Ran a second mock at The Draft Network simulator using the Player Rankings and got this:

If Herbert keeps falling to me in these simulators I'm going to keep taking him. Too good to pass up at #22, Cousins or no Cousins.

25 - Neville Gallimore, IDL Oklahoma

Great value for the interior DL here in Gallimore. He has a great chance of making an early impact, as well as developing into a very good DT who can anchor the line for a long time.

58 - Ben Bartch, OT St. John

I'm taking Bartch earlier than I'd like, but it seems in keeping with his rapidly rising stock. This is a tough pick for me because while I think Bartch will become an impact OG in the pros, he might not do it immediately. Tough to take a guy who could use a year's worth of development in the 2nd round, but it worked out with Brian O'Neill so I gamble here and take Bartch.

89 - Amik Robertson, CB Louisiana Tech

I like Robertson as a slot CB. He should thrive there fairly quickly.

105 - Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC

Vikings could use a big physical receiver and Pittman fills that bill nicely. He has decent speed for the pro level, but Pittman can thrive in the short and intermediate levels where he can use his size and body control to snag contested balls. He's not a flashy player, but I like his NFL pedigree and believe he can become a true #1 WR at the pro level.

132 - Solomon Kindley, IOL Georgia

Stoked to find Kindley still on the board this late. Ironically, Kindley is probably more pro-ready than Bartch heading into the season, but the Vikings need immediate help at both OG positions and Kindley is ready to go Day One, plus has a pretty high ceiling. If Bartch and Kindley both pan out and Bradbury develops as expected, the Vikings have an awesome interior OL before the end of next season.

More help for the interior of the DL. Agim has some potential to move outside as well. With Agim and Gallimore on the interior of the DL and Bartch and Kindley on the interior of the OL the Vikings are much stronger on both lines heading into the next few seasons.

201 - Lynn Bowden, WR Kentucky

Another player I can't believe is still on the board. Bowden can do it all. He can catch it, run it and throw it. Tough player who will do what is asked of him and do it well.

205 - Jaylinn Hawkins, S California

At this point in the draft I'm looking for depth and potential and Hawkins fits that bill. Has shown some ball hawk ability in college. Hone it and get him familiar with the scheme and let's see.

219 - Jaron Bryant, CB Fresno State

Like his toughness and discipline. Has real potential to become an impact player if given proper coaching and development time before being thrust into the fire.

249 - Joe Reed, WR Virginia

Versatile player who can at a minimum return kicks right away, but who also has a lot of potential to develop into a special player if given time to develop as a receiver.

253 - Levonta Taylor, CB Florida State

Came back from pretty severe back injury to compete and did a good job. I like his competitiveness and toughness and while I don't think he makes the team, I give him that chance.
I love this version. I think guys like Bowden that are perhaps a bit gadgety and under developed as WRs are guys Kirk can make look good with his accuracy, and that can make Kirk look good with with their ability to make plays after the catch.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

In this version, I'm going all in on Scheme Versatility. I want to be able to seamlessly transition from 4-3 to 3-4 without even having to change personnel.

22 K'Lavon Chaisson, EDGE LSU

A potential fit as either 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE. Chaisson is too good to pass up.

25 A.J. Epenesa, EDGE Iowa

Epenesa can 5 Tech as 3-4 DE or play 4-3 DE.

58 Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah

A solid DB prospect to help rebuild the back end of this D.

89 Jordan Elliott, IDL Missouri

Elliot is an important piece at 89. A 3 Tech or a 5 Tech, he allow the front 7 combo of Chaisson, Barr, Kendricks, Hunter, Epenesa, Pierce and Elliot to align either as a 4-3 or 3-4 at will, and to better disguise coverages.

105 Ben Bartch, OT St. John

Time to shore up the interior of the OL

132 Solomon Kindley, IOL Georgia

Time to shore up the interior of the OL even more.

155 Shaquille Quarterman, LB Miami

Here is 3-4 inside LB to allow the vikings to better run that scheme.

201 Joe Reed, WR Virginia

A WR who can be effective in this system, along with Thielen and Bisi.

205 A.J. Green, CB Oklahoma State

Another CB toy for Zimmer

219 Reggie Robinson II, CB Tulsa

Ditto

249 Reggie Corbin, RB Illinois

Late round RB with great shiftiness and special teams potential.

253 Michael Warren II, RB Cincinnati

Late round RB with thump.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

The Rick Spielman Special -- PFN Mock Draft Simulator

22. -Trade w/ Bengals- (33, 65, 147, 215)

At this point, there are a lot of attractive prospects, and trading back isn't going to cause me to miss out on all of them. At WR, Ruggs, Mims, Jefferson, and Reagor are all still on the board. At S, Delpit, McKinney and Winfield Jr are still on the board. At CB, Gladney, Terrell and Johnson are still available. At Tackle, Wills, Josh Jones, Ezra Cleveland and Lucas Niang are all still on the board. Ceasar Ruiz is also still on the board. At pick 33, I'll still be able to land a very good player, and since I like the depth in this draft, We're TRADING BACK to collect more picks.

25 - Trade - (34, 75, 160, 197)

The last 3 players off the board were Wills, McKinnie and Mims. I wasn't in love with Wills in this offense, and while I hate to see McKinnie go, Winfield and Delpit are still on the board. Worst case, even if I miss out at S, we're still going to be in good shape when our new pick comes around.

33 - Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU

After making the trade, the next two names off the board are Jordan Love and D'Andre Swift, and I'm happy to see a couple players I don't value highly go straight away. After that, Ezra Cleveland, Josh Jones, Jalen Reagor and Henry Ruggs come off the board. Only two more picks until we're back on the board. Those last two picks? Grant Delpit and Justin Jefferson. I had my eyes on both those guys, and I might have traded up in a real draft, but I wanted to see what's left if I utilize the patented Spielman trade down to collect more picks. Antoine Winfield Jr. Jeff Gladney, and Ceasar Ruiz are all still there. I've added six additional picks, including two early third round selections, and I still get to choose from some excellent players.

34 - Antoine Winfield Jr, S, Minnesota

I'm tempted to go with Ruiz, but with Harris likely on the move, I'm going to go with solidifying the back end of the defense with our first two picks.

58 - Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU

After Blacklock and Gallimore, there isn't a ton of depth at 3Tech. I'm going to grab Blacklock now.

65. Tyler Biadasz
C Wis

Lynn Bowden
WR Kentucky

Gabriel Davis
WR UCF

Amik Robertson
CB Louisiana Tech

Antonio Gandy-Golden
WR Liberty

Kevin Dotson
G Louisiana