Waynes to Bengals

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Waynes to Bengals

Post by StumpHunter »

IIsweet wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:46 am Hughes is a 1st rder, so he needs to take that step. Hill has starter potential and now can keep playing and smoking his weed.
I think we wait and get at least 1 veteran CB probably 2. Get them on downside of career type contracts. Prove it deals.
I see this roster getting younger with lots of draft picks, mixed with veterans to bridge the youth to starting positions. Then..... We eventually DRAFT a QB ! To
I thought Hill was busted for performance enhancing drugs, not weed. Is that correct?
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

IIsweet wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:46 am Hughes is a 1st rder, so he needs to take that step. Hill has starter potential and now can keep playing and smoking his weed.
I think we wait and get at least 1 veteran CB probably 2. Get them on downside of career type contracts. Prove it deals.
I see this roster getting younger with lots of draft picks, mixed with veterans to bridge the youth to starting positions. Then..... We eventually DRAFT a QB ! To
Boyd might be in play at CB2 as well. He's under contract through 2022 for under a million per. I'm sure he's an in house favorite.

Part of the challenge with signing Kirk Cousins and committing to build an OL around him to protect that investment is perhaps, having to roll into the season with Boyd, Hill, and Hughes, and Sendejo as four of your five primary DBs. At this point, I'd rather that than roll in with Reiff getting beat around the edge and Elflein getting pushed 7 yards into the backfield, turning our 30 million dollar QB into a pumpkin.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:56 am
Cliff wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:19 am Well, I guess we know what positions will be drafted in the first round now. CB and CB.

Zimmer is good at coaching up DBs so perhaps it's not a huge deal. Gonna miss Waynes though. I wonder if Rhodes being gone impacted Wayne's decision.
Vikings are not going to draft 2 cornerbacks in the first round, it would be WR and CB or OL and CB or OL and WR
I was mostly kidding but would you be super shocked if he drafted two CBs? lol
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

I'm mostly holding out hope we draft Antoine Winfield Jr. He'd be a big get in my opinion, very high on the young man.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:49 am
I thought Hill was busted for performance enhancing drugs, not weed. Is that correct?
It was listed as performance enhancing. Do they count weed as performance enhancing?

If they have experience using it, that's generally not the case. :)
Damian
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

fiestavike wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:25 am
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:53 am It is interesting to watch the psychology of fans of teams and how they react to players leaving. Guys who some fans rooted for and who they were excited about having on the team suddenly become divas or not that good to begin with once they leave.

My opinion on Waynes? He was a solid CB who got way too much money to play in Cincy. He wasn't necessarily a bust, but the Vikings did not get the value they should have out of an 11th overall pick.
He was, on the whole, a disappointment given where he was picked. The deal he got in Cincy makes not trading him last year a bit more palatable, as it seems we'll be getting a nice compensatory pick.
at $14 Million a year that has to be a 3rd round pick right?
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Rhodes Closed wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:20 am I'm mostly holding out hope we draft Antoine Winfield Jr. He'd be a big get in my opinion, very high on the young man.
2nd or third round and I'm happy. Not with a first round pick. I want OT and WR.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:00 am
Rhodes Closed wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:20 am I'm mostly holding out hope we draft Antoine Winfield Jr. He'd be a big get in my opinion, very high on the young man.
2nd or third round and I'm happy. Not with a first round pick. I want OT and WR.
Prepare to be sorely disappointed.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I do not think Winfield will fall to the 2nd round, he is a stud and I would love to have him
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

RandyMoss84 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:07 pm

I do not think Winfield will fall to the 2nd round, he is a stud and I would love to have him
I've seen mocks that have him going in the third. A lot with him going in the second. Maybe one or two with him going in the first. Those were pre combine. If he lit it up there maybe he's considered a 1st round pick now.