2019 Season General Thread (News, Notes, Interviews, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Vikings In-House Free Agents and Cut/Trade Tracker

Post by halfgiz »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:51 pm
PurpleMustReign wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:24 pm

Unless you were using a different username, you were not here when the Vikings drafted peterson, so you would have no clue what Demi said about that unless you went back to read it, which is very odd. And why bring him up? The dude hasn't even logged on in years after being the #2 poster on the board up until a few months ago. People don't just stop coming to the board, so my guess is there is something bad with him... I worry that he passed away and we have no way of knowing. He may have been negative but he was a prominent member of the board, and therefore a viking brother.
The fact that the Vikings have done nothing about the OL and are now over the cap infuriates me. As much as I love the Barr re-signing, it really is a head scratcher. Kubiak may be a coad coach, but I don't think Jesus Christ could make our OL even half competent. They are that bad.
I wasn’t on the board. I called Demi out on it because it was quoted by another member about him questioning AP back then. So that’s how I know. As for him not posting, who knows, it could happen to anyone or people move on with their lives. He stopped posting when the Vikings got good again. So who knows. Either way, it’s about the negativity that PK brings to the board. Very similar to how Demi acted. That’s why he was brought up.

As for our FAs, it’s still not Wednesday and guys are freaking out. It’s the same pattern every year. We hardly ever jump right in and spend like crazy. We have Isidora as our only guard right now. I highly doubt we go into next year with just him. Guys need to pump the breaks
We are heading into tomorrow over our cap. When's the last time we did that?
I'm not happy we broke the bank on resigning a Defensive player.
Walter Football gave us a C- minus on the Barr deal.
His deal could be worth as much as 77 million with incentives.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

halfgiz wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:48 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:51 pm

I wasn’t on the board. I called Demi out on it because it was quoted by another member about him questioning AP back then. So that’s how I know. As for him not posting, who knows, it could happen to anyone or people move on with their lives. He stopped posting when the Vikings got good again. So who knows. Either way, it’s about the negativity that PK brings to the board. Very similar to how Demi acted. That’s why he was brought up.

As for our FAs, it’s still not Wednesday and guys are freaking out. It’s the same pattern every year. We hardly ever jump right in and spend like crazy. We have Isidora as our only guard right now. I highly doubt we go into next year with just him. Guys need to pump the breaks
If he hits his incentives he is worth every penny.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:04 pm Like I said many times, Shurmur is doing it right. Just got a first round pick, 3rd round pick and Jabrill Peppers for OBJ. Another excellent trade for the giants
I disagree on the talent but I agree on the personality. He's too abrasive. He just made Barkley's live a living hell. 9 in the box.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

question on OG:

Just wondering why so many people want to jettison Compton but keep Brett Jones. I get that Compton was awful, but why would anyone want to keep Jones if he couldn't pass Compton on the depth chart. Are people that skeptical of the coaching staff and their ability to evaluate talent, that they'd keep a better player on the bench all year while Compton played so badly?

Honestly not trying to cause an argument just wondering if I'm missing something.....
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:55 pm
VikingPaul73 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:26 pm Are you telling me Jesus Christ couldn’t hit a curve ball?
Lol. Great line.
glad someone got the reference!!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I have a question... When they say "dead money", what exactly does that mean? Does it count against the cap?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:51 am I have a question... When they say "dead money", what exactly does that mean? Does it count against the cap?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndicatio ... y.amp.html
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:13 pm
halfgiz wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:48 pm

If he hits his incentives he is worth every penny.
Lol exactly! Yeah it’s a huge deal, but I also think they will get it figured out. We just have to wait and see. we haven’t went in over the cap in a long time but I know Philly was doing the same thing a few years ago and they got it figured out. I wouldn’t put anything past Bryzinski
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingPaul73 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:37 pm question on OG:

Just wondering why so many people want to jettison Compton but keep Brett Jones. I get that Compton was awful, but why would anyone want to keep Jones if he couldn't pass Compton on the depth chart. Are people that skeptical of the coaching staff and their ability to evaluate talent, that they'd keep a better player on the bench all year while Compton played so badly?

Honestly not trying to cause an argument just wondering if I'm missing something.....
We were playing jones strictly at center which I never understood because I thought he could play guard. It’s a good question.

I can see how this is going to play out. We are going to sign a “bargain” type guard (which I’m fine with) and then guaranteed draft at least one but possibly 2-3 total lineman. Spielman said in his interview with PA that free agency will show where they are going to lean come the draft. They haven’t touched OL yet and we have interviewed A LOT of offensive lineman at the combine.

I think they have it more under control than some think. But here is my main worry. If they are going to draft a true tackle early (which there aren’t many) and plan on moving Reiff to guard and starting that “bargain” FA guard in the other spot, we very well could end up doing nothing to improve our interior. However if Spielman goes with the versatility route and draft a guy like Ford or Risner and maybe a 3rd-4th round guard I think that will do the trick. There are going to be some good guards in that 2nd-4th round range. The true tackles and versatile guys are going to go early. Which would leave guys like Lindstrom, Jordan, Deiter, Mcgovern, Davis and autry sitting there for us a which could be huge.

Quote me on this.... Expect a trade up this year from our 2nd round pick to the early 2nd round. Maybe even a trade down in the first too
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Interesting but then why not move Elf to OG ? Maybe they just thought Elf was too young to start switching his position? I suppose that’s possible

I hope you are right and I really hope Kubiak is spending most of his time right now evaluating FA and draft for OL that will fit his system because it is really unsettling right now that Isidora is the only OG on roster
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:07 am Interesting but then why not move Elf to OG ? Maybe they just thought Elf was too young to start switching his position? I suppose that’s possible

I hope you are right and I really hope Kubiak is spending most of his time right now evaluating FA and draft for OL that will fit his system because it is really unsettling right now that Isidora is the only OG on roster
I'm not sure what they plan on doing with Aviante Collins. He played some guard & tackle last season before he got injured.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Barr's contract details just came out.....

His cap hit this year is only $5.6 million. Maybe we arent in as bad of shape as we thought cap wise. If that's correct, I think we still have like $3-4 million left in cap
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 am Barr's contract details just came out.....

His cap hit this year is only $5.6 million. Maybe we arent in as bad of shape as we thought cap wise. If that's correct, I think we still have like $3-4 million left in cap
Is his contract back loaded?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:58 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 am Barr's contract details just came out.....

Is his contract back loaded?
Gotta be
-Chazz Palminteri
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I hate to do this but...

Dan Bailey is currently unsigned. That means the Vikings currently do not have a kicker. Fun times ahead!
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi