Vikings @ Panthers Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 3

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Vikings @ Panthers Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 3

Post by PurpleMustReign »

w_huisman wrote::deadhorse:
Maybe we should just start a "Teddy vs Sammy" thread and direct all comments regarding that topic to that thread... So it doesn't have to be discussed in every thread.
I think we need to stop the AD vs. Asiata/McKinnon BS quite frankly.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
w_huisman
Transition Player

Post by w_huisman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I think we need to stop the AD vs. Asiata/McKinnon BS quite frankly.
I hear ya, but I don't think the discussion needs to stop. Just contain it in a thread of its own so it isn't discussed in every thread.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

soflavike wrote: And he made the worst playcall in Super Bowl history. :rofl:
ohhh...i don't know if i agree with you there. but that is a widely held opinion.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:Sure. He hasn't won a play-off game yet, so you're literally right that it would be premature to laud him excessively. I don't see that too much.

It feels like I see it here all the time.
I liked the hire from the get go, which is why I chose the picture I did for this forum. 8) I do see lots of optimism, and I feel that too. Like others have stated, it is so nice to be up by 12 with 7 minutes and feel CONFIDENT that our D can get it done.
It's nice but how are we going to feel if/when they're down by 12 with 7 minutes left?
It was so completely the opposite of that just a few years ago--we KNEW that they would manage to lose and it was just a question of how they'd mess it up this time.
I understand the enthusiasm. Maybe I've just seen too much. I've seen Vikings teams with terrific defense but not enough offense. I've seen Buddy Ryan's Eagles and Tony Dungy's Bucs. I guess I'm just a tough sell as a "believer". I don't want my spirit crushed again!
Most importantly: we are 3 and 0!!! Let's celebrate this win! :appl: :v):
I didn't expect to be 3-0 at this point so it's definitely cause for celebration. I was looking at the rest of the schedule today and it's getting harder to spot potential losses. They could potentially go into the bye undefeated (although both the Giants and Texans could be challenging) and after that they have the Eagles, Bears, Lions and Redskins.

How far can they extend this winning streak?
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

Just noticing what the Eagles are doing...that could be a real tough game.

The Cards, Giants and GB are the ones I picked to be tough. If we can score points? wow...they could go on a roll.
Imagine being able to play Treadwell and CP for whole qtrs cause they're up 2 tds.
kurtkeoki
Backup

Post by kurtkeoki »

Mothman wrote:

It feels like I see it here all the time.
It's nice but how are we going to feel if/when they're down by 12 with 7 minutes left?
I understand the enthusiasm. Maybe I've just seen too much. I've seen Vikings teams with terrific defense but not enough offense. I've seen Buddy Ryan's Eagles and Tony Dungy's Bucs. I guess I'm just a tough sell as a "believer". I don't want my spirit crushed again!
I didn't expect to be 3-0 at this point so it's definitely cause for celebration. I was looking at the rest of the schedule today and it's getting harder to spot potential losses. They could potentially go into the bye undefeated (although both the Giants and Texans could be challenging) and after that they have the Eagles, Bears, Lions and Redskins.

How far can they extend this winning streak?
This is the NFL, so every game is tough. Even if we were somehow 65% to win each individual game, we'd be pretty big underdogs to win all of them. That being said, the Eagles certainly look to be for real, so that game will be pretty tough, and the Texans are no joke, despite the egg they laid at Foxboro on Thursday. It's possible that the Cutler-led Bears completely meltdown, and I would expect we will beat Wash and the Lions. I'd say 4-2 would be a pretty good result from those 6 games.
Rock45
Rookie

Post by Rock45 »

TSonn wrote:Bradford has been with the team for 3 weeks and he has already outplayed 2 MVPs. Granted, a lot of that is our defense but that is still awesome.
He put the ball in good spots and the receivers made excellent catches. Cam misfired on the Waynes pick. A little more distance on that throw and its a td. I agree. Bradford outplayed another great qb for the second week in a row. The D won the game with an assist from Bradford. I'm digging this combination.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

The NFC East looks rock solid this year, so it's a pisser that we have to play that division this year!

JIM:
As for what happens when we're down by 12 w/ 7? I have more faith in Bradford to air it out and take risks when it needs to be done. He's got a bigger arm and has more experience than Teddy. Hopefully we never have to know!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:The NFC East looks rock solid this year, so it's a pisser that we have to play that division this year!

JIM:
As for what happens when we're down by 12 w/ 7? I have more faith in Bradford to air it out and take risks when it needs to be done. He's got a bigger arm and has more experience than Teddy. Hopefully we never have to know!

:lol: I was thinking the same thing... but I assume you see my point.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

mosscarter wrote: zimmer wouldn't have put 12 men in the huddle like a moron. he is prepared and in that situation wouldn't have done something like that. historically, everyone wants to blame favre when it was the coaches fault.
Great job MC, you basically just guaranteed that the Vikings will lose the super bowl this year because Zimmer will put 12 men in the huddle :D
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

Mothman wrote: He probably does but as I've been saying, it's Zimmer's team. The buck stops with him so whether he's heavily involved with the offense or minimally involved with it, in the end, the offense they put on the field is the offense of Mike Zimmer's Vikings. He's as responsible for the quality of their performance as he is for the performance of the defense and special teams.
Yes I have to wonder how long I can excuse Zimmer for not doing something about Norv Turner. It really does seem that Zimmer is minimally involved in the offense. if he is involved, then he shouldn't be. :lol:

If Norv was a player on the Vikings defense, he would have been cut before 2015 started. What Zim did with our defense in 1 year was incredible, what he's done in 2 years is amazing. What has Norv done in those 2 years other than take our offense from the middle to the bottom? Its truly bafling how Zimmer can set such high standards of excellence in one half of the team and be (seemingly) complacent about such ineptitude on the other half. :confused:
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

If I read only the last couple of pages of this thread it would be hard to imagine we just beat the NFC champs, on the road, by a wide margin. Without our starting LT, G, and hall of fame RB. Oh, and with a QB that has been on the team for 20 days or so.

Really, is it so hard enjoy a win for a couple of hours without qualifying it with something? Lets remember that the goal at the end of the day is winning. And we are.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

S197 wrote:If I read only the last couple of pages of this thread it would be hard to imagine we just beat the NFC champs, on the road, by a wide margin. Without our starting LT, G, and hall of fame RB. Oh, and with a QB that has been on the team for 20 days or so.

Really, is it so hard enjoy a win for a couple of hours without qualifying it with something? Lets remember that the goal at the end of the day is winning. And we are.
I'm enjoying it!!!!

:rock: :rock: :rock:

:govikes:
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

S197 wrote:If I read only the last couple of pages of this thread it would be hard to imagine we just beat the NFC champs, on the road, by a wide margin. Without our starting LT, G, and hall of fame RB. Oh, and with a QB that has been on the team for 20 days or so.

Good post!