Holy Ugliness

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Holy Ugliness

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Everything on the offense not named Patterson SUCKED today. Bridgewater was about what could be expected. The rest of the offense was embarrassing.
We need a Running Back badly. Never thought we would say that this season. Asiata is awful. McKinnon is way overmatched.
We need a whole new Offensive Line. They all suck. I don't understand why some of them got extensions because they don't deserve it. Their coach (Jeff Davidson?) doesn't know a blocking scheme from his pubic hairs.
I am not a happy fan right now. This was an embarrassing display of ineptitude. They better figure their stuff out soon, or this will be a very long, disappointing season.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Holy Ugliness

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Fusco Sullivan and Loadholt have done a decent job. Fusco is our best lineman. Kaili has been a question mark and Johnson is horrible. It might have seemed worse since our best lineman (Fusco) was out and Ducasse filled in....who is also horrible.

Overall our line is far from "bad" however it could be better. Jennings had a solid day and is always reliable. Rudy ended up getting hurt
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Kalil is a real concern. He has steadily slid downhill since his rookie season. I am beginning to view LT as a real need, now.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

BGM wrote:Kalil is a real concern. He has steadily slid downhill since his rookie season. I am beginning to view LT as a real need, now.
I think you are being a bit too easy on him. I wouldn't say he's a concern. I'd say he's a bust. Time to cut bait.
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

Have to point my finger at Spielman, way too many draft busts, and I think Zimmer's honeymoon is officially over. As much as Childress sucked, he was able to bring in NFC championship caliber talent, and was able to do more with castoffs than the last two stooges.

Like Detroit, we are a coach, 40+ players, a gm and a competent ownership away from being contenders again.
3Deep
Practice Squad

Post by 3Deep »

joe h wrote:Have to point my finger at Spielman, way too many draft busts, and I think Zimmer's honeymoon is officially over. As much as Childress sucked, he was able to bring in NFC championship caliber talent, and was able to do more with castoffs than the last two stooges.

Like Detroit, we are a coach, 40+ players, a gm and a competent ownership away from being contenders again.
Good lord... You have given up on Zimmer already? The dude has coached 3 games for the Vikings, opened with a convincing road win... Then lost his biggest weapon and the face of the team. This team is still spinning from the loss of AD, if you don't see that you are blind. They built the offense around him, this is gonna be a big transition. You honestly can not give up so fast on a new coach.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

3Deep wrote: Good lord... You have given up on Zimmer already? The dude has coached 3 games for the Vikings, opened with a convincing road win... Then lost his biggest weapon and the face of the team. This team is still spinning from the loss of AD, if you don't see that you are blind. They built the offense around him, this is gonna be a big transition. You honestly can not give up so fast on a new coach.

It screams "troll" to me, quite frankly.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

It's threads like these that make me wish the board had stayed shutdown. :lol:
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

i think we all want to see teddy play, but at what cost? this team is a complete mess and i hope that he isn't getting thrown in too quickly. we have zero run game and everyone has pointed out how bad our o-line is. i can't see how any of those factors will help him. he'll be lucky not to get hurt too. i actually feel bad for zimmer at this point.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

mosscarter wrote:i think we all want to see teddy play, but at what cost? this team is a complete mess and i hope that he isn't getting thrown in too quickly. we have zero run game and everyone has pointed out how bad our o-line is. i can't see how any of those factors will help him. he'll be lucky not to get hurt too. i actually feel bad for zimmer at this point.

Hopefully he will be the anti-Ponder... stay calm in adversity. We really need to tighten up our running game and offensive play in general for him to have any kind of success.
JellyBean2144
Starter

Post by JellyBean2144 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Everything on the offense not named Patterson SUCKED today. Bridgewater was about what could be expected. The rest of the offense was embarrassing.
We need a Running Back badly. Never thought we would say that this season. Asiata is awful. McKinnon is way overmatched.
We need a whole new Offensive Line. They all suck. I don't understand why some of them got extensions because they don't deserve it. Their coach (Jeff Davidson?) doesn't know a blocking scheme from his pubic hairs.
I am not a happy fan right now. This was an embarrassing display of ineptitude. They better figure their stuff out soon, or this will be a very long, disappointing season.

Have you had a Snickers bar today? Because you are not yourself. Anyway, relax. I agree, the offense looked horrible today. But that was to be expected given the adjustments that were made by all. However, players at this level should be able to step up and take advantage of a golden opportunity that is right in front of them. Hopefully a good week of practice, a few game plan adjustments, and some other coaching and player adjustments here and there should provide a spark for our boys. We will be fine.
Superfreak84
Veteran

Post by Superfreak84 »

joe h wrote:Have to point my finger at Spielman, way too many draft busts, and I think Zimmer's honeymoon is officially over. As much as Childress sucked, he was able to bring in NFC championship caliber talent, and was able to do more with castoffs than the last two stooges.

How can you rip the coaching staff? I think zimmer did one hell of a job against the Saints. He had Brees scared for most of the game. Our o-line, receivers and RB's are obviously not good at all. I think we will be fine. The schedule is going to get a lot more favorable especially since GB isn't looking very good.
DavidKarki
Veteran

Post by DavidKarki »

Superfreak84 wrote:How can you rip the coaching staff? I think zimmer did one hell of a job against the Saints. He had Brees scared for most of the game. Our o-line, receivers and RB's are obviously not good at all. I think we will be fine. The schedule is going to get a lot more favorable especially since GB isn't looking very good.
Easy. He punted on 4th down trailing by 2 scores with 7+ minutes left, an offense that was driving the field at a snail's pace and a defense that wasn't going to get a 3-and-out (and in fact never got the ball back at all).

Zimmer is a rookie head coach, but given the situation, going for it on fourth down was a total no-brainer. Admittedly unlikely to succeed needing 13 yards with a total sieve of an OL, but he had to try. Throw a jump ball to Patterson or Jennings...there was nothing to lose and everything to gain.

More than that, for all the aggression this defense now has, Zimmer made the wimpiest call when the game was on the line. That hurts his credibility a little bit.

I hope he learns well and doesn't make the same mistake next time around...
--Dave
GO VIKINGS!!!
Superfreak84
Veteran

Post by Superfreak84 »

DavidKarki wrote: Easy. He punted on 4th down trailing by 2 scores with 7+ minutes left, an offense that was driving the field at a snail's pace and a defense that wasn't going to get a 3-and-out (and in fact never got the ball back at all).

Zimmer is a rookie head coach, but given the situation, going for it on fourth down was a total no-brainer. Admittedly unlikely to succeed needing 13 yards with a total sieve of an OL, but he had to try. Throw a jump ball to Patterson or Jennings...there was nothing to lose and everything to gain.

More than that, for all the aggression this defense now has, Zimmer made the wimpiest call when the game was on the line. That hurts his credibility a little bit.

I hope he learns well and doesn't make the same mistake next time around...
Solid! You found 2 examples where in hindsight it probably wasn't the right choice. He should be canned. Let's start all over! Did you see Bridgewater miss that one pass? Yeah let's get rid of him too.
lyzarde
Veteran

Post by lyzarde »

Three games in and we're ripping a rookie head coach for being 1-2 while losing his all pro RB and his two losses are against the Patriots and Saints. Oh yeah and he lost his starting QB too in a game that we were still in for the most part.

I guess we should have already been taken to the postseason by now.
Last edited by lyzarde on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.