Official: What reason does Ted get the start? thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Why does Teddy Bridgewater get the start over Matt Cassel?

Matt Plays himself out of the job
41%
Matt gets injured (Fingers crossed that he stays healthy)
18%
Zimmer decides Ted is ready, entering the 2015 season
30%
Matt keeps the job for the indefinite future
7%
Other
5%

Total votes: 44

84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Official: What reason does Ted get the start? thread

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

Ok we will now begin posting our predictions as to the reason(s) we believe Ted will ultimately get the starting job.. Vote, and then in your post give us your prediction as to when you think this switch will occur.
Last edited by 84BreaksAnkles on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Official: What reason does Ted get the start? thread

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

I voted matt plays himself out of a job.

Teddy starts for us in week 11, after our bye week.
This is a dog.
"It's ok to hit the bag"
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Notice how none of these things have happened yet? And you're still wondering why Teddy isn't starting?

Seems like you have the answers right there in front of you. You just have to accept them.
Mridens
Backup

Post by Mridens »

PurpleMustReign wrote::deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
:yawn: Let me add a few :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I'm really surprised people care so much at this point. It's as if the goal is to get Teddy in there just to say we potentially have our franchise guy as opposed to achieving the goal of winning, which Minnesota is more than capable of doing with Cassel.

As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't care if we didn't see Teddy all year because that means the Vikings are winning. If Matt gets hurt, then Teddy will be ready, but until then...Cassel is the quarterback and he's the guy I'm cheering for.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

The object is to win football games. Cassel is the man. Until he proves he isn't. I think Zimmer will pull the trigger on Cassel a lot faster then Fraizer did with McFlab. Till then Teddy gains knowledge, and still practices his tail off. And hopefully bulks up. Teddy is the future, don't worry about that. Please don't sound like you want Cassel (and the Vikes) lose the games.
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

Funkytown wrote:Notice how none of these things have happened yet? And you're still wondering why Teddy isn't starting?

Seems like you have the answers right there in front of you. You just have to accept them.
I believe you are incorrect? seeing as how "Matt keeps the job for the indefinite future" constitutes one of these things happening yet. kthx :rock:
This is a dog.
"It's ok to hit the bag"
VikingFan50
Starter

Post by VikingFan50 »

I think Teddy will start when he's ready and probably won't be till next Season. Either that or if Cassel gets hurt (hope he doesn't, knock on wood) and cannot perform.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it.
John F. Kennedy
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

28BreaksAnkles wrote:I believe you are incorrect? seeing as how "Matt keeps the job for the indefinite future" constitutes one of these things happening yet. kthx :rock:
You sure? The indefinite future has already happened? That's cool. What'd I miss? Is Teddy starting? :lol:

Besides that, "Matt keeps the job for the indefinite future" isn't even an appropriate response to "Why does Teddy Bridgewater get the start over Matt Cassel?"

But my point remains the same...

Patience. Let it play out and hope for the best. There's no way to know; just wait and see. Most of us hope that Cassel remains the guy, because that likely means good things.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And while you wait, here's your Teddy:

I hope that helps! It's the best I can do for ya! :govikes:
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

PacificNorseWest wrote:I'm really surprised people care so much at this point. It's as if the goal is to get Teddy in there just to say we potentially have our franchise guy as opposed to achieving the goal of winning, which Minnesota is more than capable of doing with Cassel.

As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't care if we didn't see Teddy all year because that means the Vikings are winning. If Matt gets hurt, then Teddy will be ready, but until then...Cassel is the quarterback and he's the guy I'm cheering for.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

PacificNorseWest wrote:I'm really surprised people care so much at this point. It's as if the goal is to get Teddy in there just to say we potentially have our franchise guy as opposed to achieving the goal of winning, which Minnesota is more than capable of doing with Cassel.

Exactly.

We get it, 28BreaksAnkles. You like Teddy. You don't like Matt. Do we really need a "who's with me" poll?

Allow me to follow up PacificNorseWest's comment with the REAL question here: Would you rather see the Vikings lose so Teddy can play?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Exactly.

We get it, 28BreaksAnkles. You like Teddy. You don't like Matt. Do we really need a "who's with me" poll?

Allow me to follow up PacificNorseWest's comment with the REAL question here: Would you rather see the Vikings lose so Teddy can play?
Well said, both Kapp and PacificNorseWest. I couldn't agree more.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Did we need an "official" thread when we already have a Teddy thread...and about 8 other threads where this keeps coming up?

I need in on some of this emoji action.

:deadhorse:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Enough with all the :deadhorse: emoticons! You guys are are :deadhorse:

Note: That's a joke, not a serious directive from a moderator.